Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bingbang1025

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby bingbang1025 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:06 pm

question - i'm not sure where I'm going yet, though BU is definitely an option. Is there anything I need to be doing in terms of financial aid at this point, when I still haven't decided? I'm confused by these FAFSA deadlines, why would you fill anything out before you know where you're going?

Sorry, I know i sound like a noob but this is all very new to me. Thanks in advance.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

landla wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
landla wrote:Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.

You might not like me... 8)

haha I am friends with a few fans of our rivals (there aren't that many in MA, hence the few) and roomed with a Giants fan once (awkward but she wasn't a real fan - didn't even watch games!), so if you're nice.. ;) I just won't watch football with you and may get into a few hearty football discussions... but that happens even with some fellow Pats fans (especially pink hats... or guys who pretend to know more than they do).

jerichosm wrote:Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.

Well, we just won't watch football together (not that I do very much anyways)!

I'm okay with that! I normally watch alone or with close and similarly devout friends, because I was brought up to be jumping up and down and screaming... which has frightened some people. ;) all in good fun, though! (Actually, funny story, last semester of undergrad I lived on a first floor apartment and scared the people walking outside my window. They should have figured it out by the sports paraphernalia all over the windows, in my opinion. Oops! but it was a good game)

We can still watch The Sopranos/Boston Legal! Also, please tell me you like the Godfather. I don't know why so many people our age have never seen it. Favorite movie ever

I also feel the need to clarify that I'm not an obnoxious sports fan or really obvious about it other than my decorations and during games.

I apologize to everyone else for taking over the BU thread with sports. It is a topic you'll have to get used to in Boston, though![/quote]
All I got out of that was this

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Why BU and not BC? Well, besides the fact that BU has given me 105K scholarship and BC has yet to review my application...:)

landla

Postby landla » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:39 pm

bingbang1025 wrote:question - i'm not sure where I'm going yet, though BU is definitely an option. Is there anything I need to be doing in terms of financial aid at this point, when I still haven't decided? I'm confused by these FAFSA deadlines, why would you fill anything out before you know where you're going?

Sorry, I know i sound like a noob but this is all very new to me. Thanks in advance.

The priority deadline was March 1, but you should still send in your FAFSA and NeedAccess asap to be higher on the list of non-priority. You also need to send in copies of your and your parents' federal returns, but this part won't hold up your review. (It may hold up your notification, not sure from what others have said.)

The schools need the information in order to determine your aid and many need it before giving out merit, because technically they are a merit/need mix. Many people base where they attend off of money, at least in some part. It's very similar to the undergrad process.

eaper

Postby eaper » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 am

Flying over to Boston to check it out in a few hours (going to the Monday tour and such).

freaknroll

Postby freaknroll » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 am

eaper wrote:Flying over to Boston to check it out in a few hours (going to the Monday tour and such).

If you take pictures do you mind posting them up here? Have fun, I'm curious to see what the inside of the Tower of Doom looks like on the 30th.

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 am

ThreeRivers wrote:
landla wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
landla wrote:Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.

You might not like me... 8)

haha I am friends with a few fans of our rivals (there aren't that many in MA, hence the few) and roomed with a Giants fan once (awkward but she wasn't a real fan - didn't even watch games!), so if you're nice.. ;) I just won't watch football with you and may get into a few hearty football discussions... but that happens even with some fellow Pats fans (especially pink hats... or guys who pretend to know more than they do).

jerichosm wrote:Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.

Well, we just won't watch football together (not that I do very much anyways)!

I'm okay with that! I normally watch alone or with close and similarly devout friends, because I was brought up to be jumping up and down and screaming... which has frightened some people. ;) all in good fun, though! (Actually, funny story, last semester of undergrad I lived on a first floor apartment and scared the people walking outside my window. They should have figured it out by the sports paraphernalia all over the windows, in my opinion. Oops! but it was a good game)

We can still watch The Sopranos/Boston Legal! Also, please tell me you like the Godfather. I don't know why so many people our age have never seen it. Favorite movie ever

I also feel the need to clarify that I'm not an obnoxious sports fan or really obvious about it other than my decorations and during games.

I apologize to everyone else for taking over the BU thread with sports. It is a topic you'll have to get used to in Boston, though!

All I got out of that was this

Image[/quote]

hahahahahahah

but yes, I LOVE the Godfather movies (except for #3, that was ehhh)

However, my favorite two movies of all-time are The Social Network and Up in the Air

SteelersGal90

Postby SteelersGal90 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:20 am

Has anyone who has been accepted late Jan--onwards received scholarship money (who isn't an URM)? I am wondering if I am SOL on the merit scholarship front for BU or if it will just be a long wait.

illy22

Postby illy22 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am

SteelersGal90 wrote:Has anyone who has been accepted late Jan--onwards received scholarship money (who isn't an URM)? I am wondering if I am SOL on the merit scholarship front for BU or if it will just be a long wait.

Samesies. Particularly wondering if any of the public interest scholarships have gone yet.

(i.e. i want one!)

confusedlaw

Postby confusedlaw » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:04 pm

so if 2/29 got in and i moved from 2/29 to 3/2 whens my rejection coming

freaknroll

Postby freaknroll » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:06 pm

confusedlaw wrote:so if 2/29 got in and i moved from 2/29 to 3/2 whens my rejection coming

jesus dude/chick, at least attempt to be optimistic. I went through a phase like this when I though I wouldn't get in anywhere that I was really interested in. Guess what, it made me miserable and no fun to be around. By doing this you are just setting yourself up for a crash if it doesn't go your way.

Keep your head up and good things will happen.

scram202

Postby scram202 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Updated yesterday from 1/20 to 3/8. Hopefully it being friday and all we will see a few more phone calls of people getting in.

unlicensedpotato

Postby unlicensedpotato » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Still at 1/20

aad05001

Postby aad05001 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Couple Questions:

1.) Does BU send an email for waitlist/rejections, or is it a formal letter in the mail. I updated yesterday with less than stellar numbers, but no "mailings" were posted to the staus checker, and I received no email.

2.) Does everyone usually update the same number of times regardless of the decision or do waitlists/easy rejects just update once or twice

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:50 pm

In! Just got the phone call. :)

THATSHOWYOUGETANTS

Postby THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Moriarty wrote:In! Just got the phone call. :)

congrats!

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:02 pm

YAYMORIARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

mrjohnsterman

Postby mrjohnsterman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:04 pm

In, heard from 6 schools this week, so far...

I'm excited about this one.
Last edited by mrjohnsterman on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freaknroll

Postby freaknroll » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Congrats guys/girls. I know how relieved I was when I got the phone call, hopefully yal feel the same.

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:30 pm

THATSHOWYOUGETANTS wrote:

congrats!

Thanks, y'all! Especially for the bright pink, TLSP, lol.

TexasWave

Postby TexasWave » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Sorry if I missed this- when will they start sending out merit-based scholarship offers?

eaper

Postby eaper » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:19 pm

freaknroll wrote:
eaper wrote:Flying over to Boston to check it out in a few hours (going to the Monday tour and such).

If you take pictures do you mind posting them up here? Have fun, I'm curious to see what the inside of the Tower of Doom looks like on the 30th.

Will do. Only have my iPhone to take pictures, but I'll be sure to get a decent amount.

And grats to all the new admits!

freaknroll

Postby freaknroll » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 pm

eaper wrote:
freaknroll wrote:

Will do. Only have my iPhone to take pictures, but I'll be sure to get a decent amount.

And grats to all the new admits!

Thanks man, appreciate it.

illy22

Postby illy22 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:51 pm

something along these lines anyway, right?

jgrady1

Postby jgrady1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 am

My status finally moved to 3/9 from 1/19. Honestly, would take a miracle for me to get in. Anyone know how they do rejection letters? Email or snail mail? I know I could read through this whole forum but that would take a loooonnnggg time.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”