Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby jerichosm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Moriarty wrote:
jerichosm wrote:How in the hell have the 12/6ers not gotten a response yet? I'm ashamed that I submitted after, yet received my decision before them...this is a messed up little world.


BU is obviously full of William Shatner fans, hence your earlier response.


Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby landla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm

jerichosm wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
BU is obviously full of William Shatner fans, hence your earlier response.


Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."


Thanks for the laugh.

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby illy22 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:03 pm

anyone out there know how much the BU public interest scholars program typically awards?

wishin' and hopin'.

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Worker and Parasite » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 pm

illy22 wrote:anyone out there know how much the BU public interest scholars program typically awards?

wishin' and hopin'.


Wasn't it a full scholly? (tuition)

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby jerichosm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:47 pm

landla wrote:
jerichosm wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
BU is obviously full of William Shatner fans, hence your earlier response.


Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."


Thanks for the laugh.


Whomever attends law school with me will be treated to full seasons of the Sopranos and Boston Legal -- two investments I'm going to make this summer.

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby landla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:49 pm

jerichosm wrote:
landla wrote:
jerichosm wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
BU is obviously full of William Shatner fans, hence your earlier response.


Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."


Thanks for the laugh.


Whomever attends law school with me will be treated to full seasons of the Sopranos and Boston Legal -- two investments I'm going to make this summer.


Those are some of my favorite shows. We should be friends... and watch together if we both go to BU (especially since I only own one season of Boston Legal and none of The Sopranos)!

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby jerichosm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."[/quote]

Thanks for the laugh.[/quote]

Whomever attends law school with me will be treated to full seasons of the Sopranos and Boston Legal -- two investments I'm going to make this summer.[/quote]

Those are some of my favorite shows. We should be friends... and watch together if we both go to BU (especially since I only own one season of Boston Legal and none of The Sopranos)![/quote]


Haha definitely...but I have one trait that some people can handle, and others can't -- I'm a DIEHARD Pittsburgh Penguins fan....I eat sleep and breathe Pens hockey lol

sooo if you're from the mid-atlantic and like hockey, there's a good chance you won't like me!

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:35 pm

jerichosm wrote:
Haha definitely...but I have one trait that some people can handle, and others can't -- I'm a DIEHARD Pittsburgh Penguins fan....I eat sleep and breathe Pens hockey lol

sooo if you're from the mid-atlantic and like hockey, there's a good chance you won't like me!


I am a life-long hockey enthusiast, but the Wild will always have my heart. However, I am a diehard fan of fantasizing about Sidney Crosby...close enough? Haha

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby jerichosm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
jerichosm wrote:
Haha definitely...but I have one trait that some people can handle, and others can't -- I'm a DIEHARD Pittsburgh Penguins fan....I eat sleep and breathe Pens hockey lol

sooo if you're from the mid-atlantic and like hockey, there's a good chance you won't like me!


I am a life-long hockey enthusiast, but the Wild will always have my heart. However, I am a diehard fan of fantasizing about Sidney Crosby...close enough? Haha



You just can't hate the Wild, because the NorthStars became the Dallas Stars...besides, a lot of former Pens play for the Wild (not to mention, they have the best jerseys in the league)...and yes, I also fantasize about Sid -- his comeback! (possibly Sunday!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh)

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 am

Wads out of the country was accepted by phone! Part of twelve6mafia

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Geneva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 am

All else equal, why BU over BC? Am interested in what other people think about this, but maybe I should start a separate thread.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby confusedlaw » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:43 am

anyone 3/2 hear yet

bobbyh1919
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby bobbyh1919 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am

Geneva wrote:All else equal, why BU over BC? Am interested in what other people think about this, but maybe I should start a separate thread.


Don't start a new thread, there's a new one literally every week on this very topic.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 pm

jerichosm wrote:Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."


Thanks for the laugh.[/quote]

Whomever attends law school with me will be treated to full seasons of the Sopranos and Boston Legal -- two investments I'm going to make this summer.[/quote]

Those are some of my favorite shows. We should be friends... and watch together if we both go to BU (especially since I only own one season of Boston Legal and none of The Sopranos)![/quote]


Haha definitely...but I have one trait that some people can handle, and others can't -- I'm a DIEHARD Pittsburgh Penguins fan....I eat sleep and breathe Pens hockey lol

sooo if you're from the mid-atlantic and like hockey, there's a good chance you won't like me![/quote]
I almost made my username on here Ian Moran lol

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby jerichosm » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:09 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
jerichosm wrote:Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."


Thanks for the laugh.


Whomever attends law school with me will be treated to full seasons of the Sopranos and Boston Legal -- two investments I'm going to make this summer.[/quote]

Those are some of my favorite shows. We should be friends... and watch together if we both go to BU (especially since I only own one season of Boston Legal and none of The Sopranos)![/quote]


Haha definitely...but I have one trait that some people can handle, and others can't -- I'm a DIEHARD Pittsburgh Penguins fan....I eat sleep and breathe Pens hockey lol

sooo if you're from the mid-atlantic and like hockey, there's a good chance you won't like me![/quote]
I almost made my username on here Ian Moran lol[/quote]


hahahah I guarantee that not a single, casual pens fan knows who that is...mine should've been Konstantin Koltsov -- for how fast my acceptances should roll in

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby woodscommaL » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Wads out of the country was accepted by phone! Part of twelve6mafia


Congrats!!

...and then there were three..

scram202
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby scram202 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Just updated to complete again from 1/20 complete. This mean anything??

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby freaknroll » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm

zor wrote:
freaknroll wrote:I was accepted yesterday and have a quick question concerning financial aid. What else do I need to fill out besides the FAFSA, which I submitted at the beging of Feb.? Do I need to fill out the Need Access form immediately or should I wait for my packet? I think I may qualify for some need based aid and don't want to miss the boat because I missed a deadline or something.

This shit is confusing as hell, or maybe I'm just an idiot.


It's not you, it's confusing as hell. Do the Need Access ASAP (especially since it's a nightmare and it'll take you a long time). Then you have to send them your tax returns. Here's their checklist:

1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Student (and spouse, if applicable) information only
2. Need Access Form
Parent information is required if you will be under 24 years of age by December 31, 2012 or claimed as a dependent on your parents' federal income tax return.
3. Signed copies of 2011 federal income tax returns
Please include a signed copy of the 1040 form, all schedules and all W-2 forms for the applicant and the applicant's spouse, if applicable.
Parent federal tax returns are required if you will be under 24 years of age by December 31 or claimed as a dependent on your parents' federal income tax return.

It doesn't say how to submit them but I e-mailed them and they confirmed receipt so that should work.


Does anybody know where this information comes from? I've scoured the admitted students website and can't find it. Is it in the admit packet?

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby landla » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:17 pm

freaknroll wrote:
zor wrote:
freaknroll wrote:I was accepted yesterday and have a quick question concerning financial aid. What else do I need to fill out besides the FAFSA, which I submitted at the beging of Feb.? Do I need to fill out the Need Access form immediately or should I wait for my packet? I think I may qualify for some need based aid and don't want to miss the boat because I missed a deadline or something.

This shit is confusing as hell, or maybe I'm just an idiot.


It's not you, it's confusing as hell. Do the Need Access ASAP (especially since it's a nightmare and it'll take you a long time). Then you have to send them your tax returns. Here's their checklist:

1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Student (and spouse, if applicable) information only
2. Need Access Form
Parent information is required if you will be under 24 years of age by December 31, 2012 or claimed as a dependent on your parents' federal income tax return.
3. Signed copies of 2011 federal income tax returns
Please include a signed copy of the 1040 form, all schedules and all W-2 forms for the applicant and the applicant's spouse, if applicable.
Parent federal tax returns are required if you will be under 24 years of age by December 31 or claimed as a dependent on your parents' federal income tax return.

It doesn't say how to submit them but I e-mailed them and they confirmed receipt so that should work.


Does anybody know where this information comes from? I've scoured the admitted students website and can't find it. Is it in the admit packet?


That is on the BU Law website in a few places, including FinAid.

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby landla » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:27 pm

jerichosm wrote:Denny Crane: You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."


Thanks for the laugh.[/quote]

Whomever attends law school with me will be treated to full seasons of the Sopranos and Boston Legal -- two investments I'm going to make this summer.[/quote]

Those are some of my favorite shows. We should be friends... and watch together if we both go to BU (especially since I only own one season of Boston Legal and none of The Sopranos)![/quote]


Haha definitely...but I have one trait that some people can handle, and others can't -- I'm a DIEHARD Pittsburgh Penguins fan....I eat sleep and breathe Pens hockey lol

sooo if you're from the mid-atlantic and like hockey, there's a good chance you won't like me![/quote]

Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.

User avatar
zor
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby zor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 pm

freaknroll wrote:
zor wrote:
freaknroll wrote:I was accepted yesterday and have a quick question concerning financial aid. What else do I need to fill out besides the FAFSA, which I submitted at the beging of Feb.? Do I need to fill out the Need Access form immediately or should I wait for my packet? I think I may qualify for some need based aid and don't want to miss the boat because I missed a deadline or something.

This shit is confusing as hell, or maybe I'm just an idiot.


It's not you, it's confusing as hell. Do the Need Access ASAP (especially since it's a nightmare and it'll take you a long time). Then you have to send them your tax returns. Here's their checklist:

1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Student (and spouse, if applicable) information only
2. Need Access Form
Parent information is required if you will be under 24 years of age by December 31, 2012 or claimed as a dependent on your parents' federal income tax return.
3. Signed copies of 2011 federal income tax returns
Please include a signed copy of the 1040 form, all schedules and all W-2 forms for the applicant and the applicant's spouse, if applicable.
Parent federal tax returns are required if you will be under 24 years of age by December 31 or claimed as a dependent on your parents' federal income tax return.

It doesn't say how to submit them but I e-mailed them and they confirmed receipt so that should work.


Does anybody know where this information comes from? I've scoured the admitted students website and can't find it. Is it in the admit packet?


I copied and pasted it from here:

--LinkRemoved--

tropicanax
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby tropicanax » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:33 pm

scram202 wrote:Just updated to complete again from 1/20 complete. This mean anything??



scram.. we are literally on the exact same schedule at usc and bu lol. i just got updated today too for bu from 1/12 complete. still stuck at 1/5 for usc. i think it at least means they're starting to read our apps??

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby jerichosm » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.[/quote]


Well, we just won't watch football together (not that I do very much anyways)!

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:56 pm

landla wrote:Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.

You might not like me... 8)

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby landla » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:39 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
landla wrote:Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.

You might not like me... 8)


haha I am friends with a few fans of our rivals (there aren't that many in MA, hence the few) and roomed with a Giants fan once (awkward but she wasn't a real fan - didn't even watch games!), so if you're nice.. ;) I just won't watch football with you and may get into a few hearty football discussions... but that happens even with some fellow Pats fans (especially pink hats... or guys who pretend to know more than they do).

jerichosm wrote:Well, I'm a serious fan of Boston sports. Luckily, my favorite sport is football (diehard Pats fan, born and raised - none of that pink hat stuff that we've had to deal with in the past decade). I love hockey (especially in person, right up at the glass), but I am not NEARLY as much of a diehard fan. I'm okay with fans of other teams and don't judge people nearly as much as I do by their football team.



Well, we just won't watch football together (not that I do very much anyways)![/quote]

I'm okay with that! I normally watch alone or with close and similarly devout friends, because I was brought up to be jumping up and down and screaming... which has frightened some people. ;) all in good fun, though! (Actually, funny story, last semester of undergrad I lived on a first floor apartment and scared the people walking outside my window. They should have figured it out by the sports paraphernalia all over the windows, in my opinion. Oops! but it was a good game)

We can still watch The Sopranos/Boston Legal! Also, please tell me you like the Godfather. I don't know why so many people our age have never seen it. Favorite movie ever

I also feel the need to clarify that I'm not an obnoxious sports fan or really obvious about it other than my decorations and during games.

I apologize to everyone else for taking over the BU thread with sports. It is a topic you'll have to get used to in Boston, though!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], laowhynot109 and 10 guests