Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Still at 1 13

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby eaper » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 am

zor wrote:In via phone call!! Complete dates 1/10, 1/11, 2/3, 2/15.

I really hope I get some scholarship money! It looks like all of you with schollys got them in your packet a week later, right?


Nope. The earlier people did, but I don't think too many people accepted after Mid-January have gotten money (well, at least I haven't and I should be getting at least something... I hope).

FutureMissEsq.
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby FutureMissEsq. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:58 am

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! My status finally did something and I know they didnt lose my application- it went from Complete 12/5 to Complete 2/21

sandiego222
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby sandiego222 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 am

What's the deal with BU (and BC for that matter) ? I applied before Thanksgiving, have gotten into several T-14s, and have not heard back from either of the Boston schools. These were two of my top choices, since I was hoping to get some money from them. But at this point, I'm guessing their scholarship wells have run dry

kams
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby kams » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 am

sandiego222 wrote:What's the deal with BU (and BC for that matter) ? I applied before Thanksgiving, have gotten into several T-14s, and have not heard back from either of the Boston schools. These were two of my top choices, since I was hoping to get some money from them. But at this point, I'm guessing their scholarship wells have run dry


Don't worry. I didn't get in until February/March when I applied, and I got almost a full scholarship a week or two after my acceptance.

sandiego222
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby sandiego222 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 am

That's awesome to hear, thanks for replying

junior_y_u
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby junior_y_u » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 am

finally moved from 12/6 to 2/21! still says application complete tho..i wonder if it'll ever go under review...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:04 pm

junior_y_u wrote:finally moved from 12/6 to 2/21! still says application complete tho..i wonder if it'll ever go under review...


This is honestly the best day of my life.... I AM STILL PART OF THE twelve6mafia crew! What?! What?! It is just funny at this point

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm

12/6 fuck yeah.

Haha it's been so long that I no longer have any desire to go to BU, I just want to be part of the twelve6mafia forevs.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby eaper » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:59 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
junior_y_u wrote:finally moved from 12/6 to 2/21! still says application complete tho..i wonder if it'll ever go under review...


This is honestly the best day of my life.... I AM STILL PART OF THE twelve6mafia crew! What?! What?! It is just funny at this point


I really feel sorry for you guys.... I hope you at least find something out soon .____.

User avatar
BKCentral
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BKCentral » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:03 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
junior_y_u wrote:finally moved from 12/6 to 2/21! still says application complete tho..i wonder if it'll ever go under review...


This is honestly the best day of my life.... I AM STILL PART OF THE twelve6mafia crew! What?! What?! It is just funny at this point


Phew still twelve6. Are there only 3 or 4 of us now?

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Wow that was intense. I was terrified I might have been updated. False alarm people. At least we have these emergency drills in place. I am thankful that we didn't lose anyone.

Twelve 6 Mafia represent. The only way out of the Twelve 6 is…well, there is no way out…

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:Wow that was intense. I was terrified I might have been updated. False alarm people. At least we have these emergency drills in place. I am thankful that we didn't lose anyone.

Twelve 6 Mafia represent. The only way out of the Twelve 6 is…well, there is no way out…


But we did...one person updated today from 12/06 :-( so sad

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby 20130312 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
eaper wrote:Man, they are really teases sending me a packet about a prof when I want scholly info...


I got two packets today, one with that professor packet plus one for the PI Scholly ding.

Just for the record, there are some folks who have not received initial schollys PLUS did not apply for the PI Scholarship correct? Feeling like I missed the boat on some money here


No money and did not apply, here. I don't think they're planning on giving me any.

User avatar
THATSHOWYOUGETANTS
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
eaper wrote:Man, they are really teases sending me a packet about a prof when I want scholly info...


I got two packets today, one with that professor packet plus one for the PI Scholly ding.

Just for the record, there are some folks who have not received initial schollys PLUS did not apply for the PI Scholarship correct? Feeling like I missed the boat on some money here


got a PI scholly ding too. pretty upset actually, it would have been an easy choice to go if i had gotten some money but now i don't know.

User avatar
zor
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby zor » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:14 pm

THATSHOWYOUGETANTS wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:
eaper wrote:Man, they are really teases sending me a packet about a prof when I want scholly info...


I got two packets today, one with that professor packet plus one for the PI Scholly ding.

Just for the record, there are some folks who have not received initial schollys PLUS did not apply for the PI Scholarship correct? Feeling like I missed the boat on some money here


got a PI scholly ding too. pretty upset actually, it would have been an easy choice to go if i had gotten some money but now i don't know.


Have you been admitted to the school yet, or did the ding just come anyway? And I assume you got it via snail mail?

I'm really hoping for one of those schollys, too, but I heard at the Cardozo ASW that BU has already given out 8 of them (which I think is probably all?) and BC is interviewing now, so I think those of us who haven't heard are probably out of luck.

User avatar
THATSHOWYOUGETANTS
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 pm

zor wrote:
THATSHOWYOUGETANTS wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:
eaper wrote:Man, they are really teases sending me a packet about a prof when I want scholly info...


I got two packets today, one with that professor packet plus one for the PI Scholly ding.

Just for the record, there are some folks who have not received initial schollys PLUS did not apply for the PI Scholarship correct? Feeling like I missed the boat on some money here


got a PI scholly ding too. pretty upset actually, it would have been an easy choice to go if i had gotten some money but now i don't know.


Have you been admitted to the school yet, or did the ding just come anyway? And I assume you got it via snail mail?

I'm really hoping for one of those schollys, too, but I heard at the Cardozo ASW that BU has already given out 8 of them (which I think is probably all?) and BC is interviewing now, so I think those of us who haven't heard are probably out of luck.

i have been admitted already, and it came in snail mail. oh well, i guess i've got some thinking to do.

gatorlaw
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby gatorlaw » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 pm

I got dinged from the PI scholly today but I was offered 75k instead.

User avatar
wolf
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby wolf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:03 am

In via phone call yesterday.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby eaper » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 am

gatorlaw wrote:I got dinged from the PI scholly today but I was offered 75k instead.


How long did it take you for you to get your scholarship? Was it offered at the same time they dinged you?

User avatar
7ate9
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby 7ate9 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 am

gatorlaw wrote:I got dinged from the PI scholly today but I was offered 75k instead.


Congrats! When did BU accept you (I'm trying to determine if a wave of scholarships are on the way)? Also, I suppose you'll be making your way to that reception then.

airbear1012
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby airbear1012 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 am

msblaw89 wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:Wow that was intense. I was terrified I might have been updated. False alarm people. At least we have these emergency drills in place. I am thankful that we didn't lose anyone.

Twelve 6 Mafia represent. The only way out of the Twelve 6 is…well, there is no way out…


But we did...one person updated today from 12/06 :-( so sad


I totally got my hopes up that the damn 12/6 would be gone and I would get to see something new. Not the case. :( 12/6 forever.

littlebird
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby littlebird » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 am

Updated Complete date from 2/17 -> 2/22. NOW I'm feeling queasy.

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby 46nyc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 am

7ate9 wrote:
gatorlaw wrote:I got dinged from the PI scholly today but I was offered 75k instead.


Congrats! When did BU accept you (I'm trying to determine if a wave of scholarships are on the way)? Also, I suppose you'll be making your way to that reception then.



I think they might be getting ready to send out a wave of scholarships. I got an email this week asking me to clarify something on my FAFSA because they were finalizing my financial aid. Sounded like it would be out soon.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby JoeMo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:54 am

Withdrew, I hope one of you gets my scholarship.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, ad34964n, Baby Gaga, btruj777, carlos_danger, danid83, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, jer0689, kalvano, katthegreat11, Keilz, kneetap, lonola, nerdylsat, ReadyToStart, unrelated, zeglo and 25 guests