Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zor

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby zor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 pm

How many complete dates have people been getting? I'm on my fourth.

eaper

Postby eaper » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:12 pm

BKCentral wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Honestly, BU is not that great of a schools to have me still waiting after 4 months ... sorry but I am annoyed still 12/06

My best friend applied last year with practically identical stats as you (169/3.80) and he said he didn't hear back until early April (after applying in October). Not saying it will be the exact same as last year, but BU Admissions clearly takes their jolly good time.

I think they may just have a stack of apps and pull one randomly from the middle every time they start looking at a new one.

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:36 pm

eaper wrote:
BKCentral wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Honestly, BU is not that great of a schools to have me still waiting after 4 months ... sorry but I am annoyed still 12/06

My best friend applied last year with practically identical stats as you (169/3.80) and he said he didn't hear back until early April (after applying in October). Not saying it will be the exact same as last year, but BU Admissions clearly takes their jolly good time.

I think they may just have a stack of apps and pull one randomly from the middle every time they start looking at a new one.

from what I can gather, this is the BU application review process:
1. All applications are given a cursory glance. If it appears that they contain the necessary information and are written with some grasp of the english language, you are granted your first complete date.
2. All applications that make it past step 1 are folded into paper airplanes and launched from a starting line. Only those airplanes that land past a designated distance are granted a second complete date.
3. Those applications that make it past step 2 are then unfolded so that the adcomms can see the LSAT score. If below 166, are incinerated immediately. If 169, they are placed in application purgatory; do not pass go, do not collect $200 (this generally happens on December 6th). All others are updated to a third complete date.
4. Remaining applications are folded into fortune tellers (remember these fate-sealing gems from elementary school?). The adcomms then have the dean play the fortune tellers to determine whether your application will proceed or be held in purgatory. (Inside information: if the dean picks blue, you're fucked) If you are fortunate enough, you will receive a fourth complete date.
5. Only after receiving your fourth complete date, your application is read quickly over lunch that is catered in and paid for with your application fee.
6. You are then granted a decision. If you are accepted you will be notified by PHONE, not MAIL or EMAIL like the status checker promises.

Still at 12/6. Not that I'm bitter, but what the fuck BU.
Last edited by woodscommaL on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
eaper wrote:
BKCentral wrote:

1. All applications are given a cursory glance. If it appears that they contain the necessary information and are written with some grasp of the english language, you are granted your first complete date.
2. All applications that make it past step 1 are folded into paper airplanes and launched from a starting line. Only those airplanes that land past a designated distance are granted a second complete date.
3. Those applications that make it past step 2 are then unfolded so that the adcomms can see the LSAT score. If below 166, are incinerated immediately. If 169, they are placed in application purgatory; do not pass go, do not collect $200 (this generally happens on December 6th). All others are updated to a third complete date.
4. Remaining applications are folded into fortune tellers (remember these fate-sealing gems from elementary school?). The adcomms then have the dean play the fortune tellers to determine whether your application will proceed or be held in purgatory. If you are fortunate enough, you will receive a fourth complete date.
5. Only after receiving your fourth complete date, your application is read quickly over lunch that is catered in and paid for with your application fee.
6. You are then granted a decision. If you are accepted you will be notified by PHONE, not MAIL or EMAIL like the status checker promises.

I hate to do this to the 12/6ers, but I just got another update to 2/17... :oops:

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 pm

^ woodscommaL for President. That is all.

6thbackstreetboy

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 pm

woodscommaL wrote:from what I can gather, this is the BU application review process:
4. Remaining applications are folded into fortune tellers (remember these fate-sealing gems from elementary school?). The adcomms then have the dean play the fortune tellers to determine whether your application will proceed or be held in purgatory. (Inside information: if the dean picks blue, you're fucked) If you are fortunate enough, you will receive a fourth complete date.

This is 100% amazing and accurate. I knew a 169 would be my downfall! If only I could have missed one more question…

butchcassidy

Postby butchcassidy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Still waiting on a scholly offer. You'd think they'd be a little more kind to someone who applied ED

hartma25

Postby hartma25 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:10 pm

butchcassidy wrote:Still waiting on a scholly offer. You'd think they'd be a little more kind to someone who applied ED

+1

cch24

Postby cch24 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:21 pm

I got my admit packet and my scholarship offer was in it. $105,000, same as my WashU scholarship offer. I'm sure everyone will be getting theirs soon!! So excited!!!

eaper

Postby eaper » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:29 pm

cch24 wrote:I got my admit packet and my scholarship offer was in it. $105,000, same as my WashU scholarship offer. I'm sure everyone will be getting theirs soon!! So excited!!!

I hope you're right =\

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Moriarty wrote:^ woodscommaL for President. That is all.

We will be great friends when we're both living in Ann Arbor next year.

AlphaGlam

Postby AlphaGlam » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:46 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
eaper wrote:
BKCentral wrote:

This post literally just made my day

bobbyh1919

Postby bobbyh1919 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Got a huge packet today, hoping for a scholly offer in it, but nope just more pamphlets. Gonna give it another week and then inquire about getting some aid.

unitedfrutopia

Postby unitedfrutopia » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Merit scholarship via mail today, does this mean I'm out of the running for the public interest scholarship?

hartma25

Postby hartma25 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:10 pm

unitedfrutopia wrote:Merit scholarship via mail today, does this mean I'm out of the running for the public interest scholarship?

May I ask when you were admitted?

avd90

Postby avd90 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:12 pm

hartma25 wrote:
unitedfrutopia wrote:Merit scholarship via mail today, does this mean I'm out of the running for the public interest scholarship?

May I ask when you were admitted?

I received my merit info the day after I got the phone call. It is worth noting, however, that I live in Boston about 6 stops down the B-line from BU. They could have walked it here in 20 minutes.

7ate9

Postby 7ate9 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Anyone planning on going to one of the receptions? Specifically the Miami one?

gatorlaw

Postby gatorlaw » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 pm

7ate9 wrote:Anyone planning on going to one of the receptions? Specifically the Miami one?

If I get a scholarship, I'll consider BU and definitely attend the Miami reception .

wvu

Postby wvu » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:57 am

Waitlisted and withdrew from Bawston the other day

littlebird

Postby littlebird » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Did anyone else's complete date update on 2/17? I just noticed that mine did, up from 1/29.

martorem

Postby martorem » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:23 pm

littlebird wrote:Did anyone else's complete date update on 2/17? I just noticed that mine did, up from 1/29.

I did! From 1/23 -> 2/9 -> 2/17...I'm hoping it means good things for us!

Ron_Swanson

Postby Ron_Swanson » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Just got an update to 2/19 from 12/1

Beeg12

Postby Beeg12 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:21 pm

2/19 from 11/16

unlicensedpotato

Postby unlicensedpotato » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Still complete 1/20. Based on Law School Numbers, they sent out a lot of waitlists/rejections last week so should be good news for people updating today.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Incase anyone was wondering...and I know you all are.... I am still with the twelve6mafia

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”