Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BKCentral

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BKCentral » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:35 pm

avd90 wrote:Just got the package in the mail! I am FLABBERGASTED to receive a 105,000 scholly over 3 years.. Amazing! wow, BU just became a major contender.

Wow! Congrats!

zor

Postby zor » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 pm

That's fantastic! Congrats! This wasn't the public interest scholly was it? What are your numbers?

avd90 wrote:Just got the package in the mail! I am FLABBERGASTED to receive a 105,000 scholly over 3 years.. Amazing! wow, BU just became a major contender.

avd90

Postby avd90 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 pm

It is a "Boston University School of Law Merit Scholarship"... if BU is as generous with need-based schollys as they are with merit I will be a happy girl.

I have a 3.9 GPA, high 160, and I'm a URM

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:51 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:twelve6mafia- after this cycle can we have a semi-annual newsletter? like a "where are they now" of sorts? pretty please

This has to happen. Also a 5 year reunion that we should have in Boston in honor of where it all began.

And speaking of Dan. I picture some dude in a room filled with computer monitors watching our every move. I knew it wasn't an accident that we are all stuck on 12/6. The question is why? What does Dan want with us? We are starting to uncover the conspiracy, and I feel a season finale coming on very soon…

Also, I am demanding a secret handshake.

I feel as if Dan has a great, and perhaps sinister, plan for us. He will be the lead antagonist in our movie.

bingbang1025

Postby bingbang1025 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Cali kid. WL'd at UCI, haven't heard from USC yet. BU's looking like my top choice! scary because I've never been to the east coast for significant periods.

Anyone know what my chances of cali employment are out of BU?

6thbackstreetboy

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:10 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:twelve6mafia- after this cycle can we have a semi-annual newsletter? like a "where are they now" of sorts? pretty please

This has to happen. Also a 5 year reunion that we should have in Boston in honor of where it all began.

And speaking of Dan. I picture some dude in a room filled with computer monitors watching our every move. I knew it wasn't an accident that we are all stuck on 12/6. The question is why? What does Dan want with us? We are starting to uncover the conspiracy, and I feel a season finale coming on very soon…

I feel as if Dan has a great, and perhaps sinister, plan for us. He will be the lead antagonist in our movie.

Oh yea for sure handshake is a top priority.

This is perfect. This Dan is a really sketchy individual, which we need in our movie since up until now it was a just a bunch of people being awesome the whole time. But did you notice, ever since this guy confusedlaw went public with his knowledge of Dan, he has been suspiciously absent from this thread. I fear Dan has gotten to him.

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:56 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:

This is perfect. This Dan is a really sketchy individual, which we need in our movie since up until now it was a just a bunch of people being awesome the whole time. But did you notice, ever since this guy confusedlaw went public with his knowledge of Dan, he has been suspiciously absent from this thread. I fear Dan has gotten to him.

There are only two probable explanations for confusedlaw's absence:
1. He tried to warn us of Dan, only to have Dan's henchmen come and throw a black bag over his head and steal him into the night (a la V for Vendetta)

orrrrr

2. He is actually working for Dan and is trying to lure the twelve 6 mafia into a trap

The plot thickens.

Elric

Postby Elric » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:00 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:This has to happen. Also a 5 year reunion that we should have in Boston in honor of where it all began.

+1

There are only two probable explanations for confusedlaw's absence:
1. He tried to warn us of Dan, only to have Dan's henchmen come and throw a black bag over his head and steal him into the night (a la V for Vendetta)

orrrrr

2. He is actually working for Dan and is trying to lure the twelve 6 mafia into a trap

The plot thickens.

6thbackstreetboy

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:55 pm

woodscommaL wrote:There are only two probable explanations for confusedlaw's absence:

orrrrr

The plot thickens.

Or there is a third possibility: He IS Dan. :shock:

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:05 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:There are only two probable explanations for confusedlaw's absence:

orrrrr

The plot thickens.

Oh.My.God.

So does his absence mean he's currently out trying to find us? Or perhaps reviewing our apps??

6thbackstreetboy

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:15 pm

BKCentral wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:

orrrrr

The plot thickens.

Oh.My.God.

So does his absence mean he's currently out trying to find us? Or perhaps reviewing our apps??

Oh I believe Dan was done reviewing our apps a long time ago. I think our apps are the reason we're in this mess.

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:Oh I believe Dan was done reviewing our apps a long time ago. I think our apps are the reason we're in this mess.

I feel like this is LOST and y'all are trying to figure out more about the island. Please continue--this and the Michigan thread are my favorites. (We should all meet IRL.)

...unless, of course, DAN is an acronym for something sinister and we all get intercepted...

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
BKCentral wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:

orrrrr

The plot thickens.

Oh.My.God.

Oh I believe Dan was done reviewing our apps a long time ago. I think our apps are the reason we're in this mess.

I guess Dan's username gives credence to BU admissions' view on our applications: Very...confused.

6thbackstreetboy

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Moriarty wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:Oh I believe Dan was done reviewing our apps a long time ago. I think our apps are the reason we're in this mess.

I feel like this is LOST and y'all are trying to figure out more about the island. Please continue--this and the Michigan thread are my favorites. (We should all meet IRL.)

...unless, of course, DAN is an acronym for something sinister and we all get intercepted...

This is exactly like LOST. Twelve 6 is a group of people, stranded on an island(metaphorical), that have some connection to each other that we don't yet know. I wish I would have kept watching that show to see how this is all going to end…

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:55 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

This is exactly like LOST. Twelve 6 is a group of people, stranded on an island(metaphorical), that have some connection to each other that we don't yet know. I wish I would have kept watching that show to see how this is all going to end…

This is great haha

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 pm

I got another reminder email today about my fee waiver for UMinn...should I apply there so I can leverage for scholarships if need be?

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 am

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

Soooo new plot development: I was just perusing the Vandy thread and our mysterious friend confusedlaw (aka disciple of Dan) posted: "is anyone else at 12 6"

COINCIDENCE??? I think not.

Also, I'm willing to wager that we write, film, win an Oscar for, and begin producing a sequel to our movie (tentatively titled: Twelve 6) before BU gets around to updating our status checkers.

bobbyh1919

Postby bobbyh1919 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:29 am

Got in over 2 months ago and still haven't heard a word about a scholarship. Would it be wrong to inquire about potential merit aid at this point? I'd approach like it a regular negotiation and mention my other good offers. I don't want to withdraw without hearing any offer from them, but at this point I'm likely going in another direction and would like to open up a spot for another deserving applicant.

eaper

Postby eaper » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:31 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:Got in over 2 months ago and still haven't heard a word about a scholarship. Would it be wrong to inquire about potential merit aid at this point? I'd approach like it a regular negotiation and mention my other good offers. I don't want to withdraw without hearing any offer from them, but at this point I'm likely going in another direction and would like to open up a spot for another deserving applicant.

I really hope it doesn't take two months for me to get my info=\

bobbyh1919

Postby bobbyh1919 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 am

eaper wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:Got in over 2 months ago and still haven't heard a word about a scholarship. Would it be wrong to inquire about potential merit aid at this point? I'd approach like it a regular negotiation and mention my other good offers. I don't want to withdraw without hearing any offer from them, but at this point I'm likely going in another direction and would like to open up a spot for another deserving applicant.

Yeah it's been strange. Some people get offers in their packets, others like me don't hear anything for months.

Yummybread

Postby Yummybread » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 am

woodscommaL wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

Soooo new plot development: I was just perusing the Vandy thread and our mysterious friend confusedlaw (aka disciple of Dan) posted: "is anyone else at 12 6"

COINCIDENCE??? I think not.

Also, I'm willing to wager that we write, film, win an Oscar for, and begin producing a sequel to our movie (tentatively titled: Twelve 6) before BU gets around to updating our status checkers.

I'll be the first one at the premiere. I'm rooting for all you 12/6ers!

Worker and Parasite

Postby Worker and Parasite » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:
eaper wrote:

Yeah it's been strange. Some people get offers in their packets, others like me don't hear anything for months.

Someone on LSN with my exact stats + non-URM received a hefty scholly, I would love to receive equal schollys. But right now I'm hoping that they'll match my WUSTL scholly.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Honestly, BU is not that great of a schools to have me still waiting after 4 months ... sorry but I am annoyed still 12/06

moxy

Postby moxy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Honestly, BU is not that great of a schools to have me still waiting after 4 months ... sorry but I am annoyed still 12/06

Agreed! BU AdComm... let msblaw innn w/ a full ride...

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Honestly, BU is not that great of a schools to have me still waiting after 4 months ... sorry but I am annoyed still 12/06

My best friend applied last year with practically identical stats as you (169/3.80) and he said he didn't hear back until early April (after applying in October). Not saying it will be the exact same as last year, but BU Admissions clearly takes their jolly good time.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”