Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ThreeRivers

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 pm

How long would you guys recommend I wait until I hear from Boston about a scholly before I start negotiating?

They'd be my number 1 school if they can match the half schollys I got from Minn / W&L.

I don't wait to wait until the $ dries up, but I also don't want to bug them about schollys if they're about to send me one lol.

I'm also still waiting on 4 schools (UNC, tOSU, W&M, WUSL) but seems like I'm headed for WL at most of them (don't do WL til later and I applied much earlier than those getting in) and even if not I doubt I'd get scholly offers I did from Minn / W&L. (Boston is my number 1 out of all those schools as well)
Last edited by ThreeRivers on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:38 pm

thelong wrote:
JoeMo wrote:45K in my package today. No nice note. Just "welcome to BU"... I guess I'm not as cool as TheLong

Haha, I'd certainly trade you my sticky note for some $$$.

Just out of curiosity is there anyway BU (full scholly or close) could sway you away from NYU?

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:39 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:How long would you guys recommend I wait until I hear about Boston about a scholly before I start negotiating?

They'd be my number 1 school if they can match the half schollys I got from Minn / W&L.

I don't wait to wait until the $ dries up, but I also don't want to bug them about schollys if they're about to send me one lol.

I'm also still waiting on 4 schools (UNC, tOSU, W&M, WUSL) but seems like I'm headed for WL at most of them (don't do WL til later and I applied much earlier than those getting in) and even if not I doubt I'd get scholly offers I did from Minn / W&L. (Boston is my number 1 out of all those schools as well)

Last year's thread seemed to suggest that the majority of scholly offers came out in March. The people that got them earlier were just lucky/more desirable.

Postby 20130312 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm

thelong wrote:
JoeMo wrote:45K in my package today. No nice note. Just "welcome to BU"... I guess I'm not as cool as TheLong

Haha, I'd certainly trade you my sticky note for some $$$.

+1 to what thelong said haha. I've got no money, but did receive a very nice note. My PS was about a relative who passed away and the note said "I'll bet they would be proud of you!" Very nice touch :D

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Killingly wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:How long would you guys recommend I wait until I hear about Boston about a scholly before I start negotiating?

Last year's thread seemed to suggest that the majority of scholly offers came out in March. The people that got them earlier were just lucky/more desirable.

ughhh I was planning on e-mailing them on March 1.. I guess not :( . Just hard not knowing because what they offer me 100% depends on if I got to BU or Minnesota lol

gthopeful

Postby gthopeful » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 pm

gthopeful wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:Did anyone else's status just change slightly? It was just the header but it doesn't say exactly the same thing anymore. Am I being too neurotic?

Mine changed too

Now I just updated to 2/9

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
Killingly wrote:

ughhh I was planning on e-mailing them on March 1.. I guess not :( . Just hard not knowing because what they offer me 100% depends on if I got to BU or Minnesota lol

There's a CC nearby to where I live called Three Rivers (Tres Rios if you want to be fancy). Every time I see you post, I laugh.

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm

status change complete 1/29----2/9

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Killingly wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
Killingly wrote:

There's a CC nearby to where I live called Three Rivers (Tres Rios if you want to be fancy). Every time I see you post, I laugh.

lol... that's an odd CC name?

Mine refers to this though:

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm going to sound terribly uninformed and stupid, but what is that?

I want to say NYC but I don't want to be wrong.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Killingly wrote:I'm going to sound terribly uninformed and stupid, but what is that?

Pittsburgh

jerichosm

Postby jerichosm » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Too bad the fountain isn't on -- I always found it very photogenic

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:20 pm

stillwater wrote:
Killingly wrote:I'm going to sound terribly uninformed and stupid, but what is that?

Pittsburgh

Hilarious. Only been there once, so I don't feel so bad.

srrrrh

Postby srrrrh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:27 pm

gthopeful wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:Did anyone else's status just change slightly? It was just the header but it doesn't say exactly the same thing anymore. Am I being too neurotic?

Mine changed too

so did mine..i don't remember what it said before though!

gthopeful

Postby gthopeful » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:30 pm

srrrrh wrote:
gthopeful wrote:

Mine changed too

I think the part that changed oringinally said that "applicants who apply beofre feb 1 will recieve a decision by the beginning of april" now it just says that we will be notified of a decision when it is reached

did your complete date change also (mine changed to 2/9 a little after the header changed)

CwallXC322

Postby CwallXC322 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:31 pm

srrrrh wrote:
gthopeful wrote:

Mine changed too

southernsuperstar

Postby southernsuperstar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:39 pm

gthopeful wrote:
srrrrh wrote:
gthopeful wrote:

Mine changed too

I think the part that changed oringinally said that "applicants who apply beofre feb 1 will recieve a decision by the beginning of april" now it just says that we will be notified of a decision when it is reached

did your complete date change also (mine changed to 2/9 a little after the header changed)

My complete date didn't change

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:My complete date didn't change

my complete date didn't either. :cry:

gthopeful

Postby gthopeful » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:44 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:My complete date didn't change

my complete date didn't either. :cry:

Well now i am worried about what it means for me because you both have much better numbers than me :cry:

srrrrh

Postby srrrrh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:48 pm

gthopeful wrote:
srrrrh wrote:
gthopeful wrote:

Mine changed too

thank you! and nope, still on 2/1

gthopeful

Postby gthopeful » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Has anyone else updated to today's date?

freaknroll

Postby freaknroll » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:38 pm

gthopeful wrote:Has anyone else updated to today's date?

Negative, still at 1/3. Had the header change as well.

waker1000

Postby waker1000 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I did. Originally complete 1/20. and it was an hour (possibly 2) after the header change.

martorem

Postby martorem » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I did - complete 1/23 to complete 2/9

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:03 pm

When you guys are talking about NEU are you talking about Northeastern or New England?

If it's the latter, save it. If it's the former it's worth a shot. They don't have the best ranking on USNWR but they are a solid school and very well regarded in the area.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”