Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pdeturk

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby pdeturk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:09 pm

bobbyh1919 wrote:Accepted over two months ago and still haven't heard a peep about a scholarship offer. Given I am by no means entitled to anything, but I figured I would hear something by now with my stats. Anyone else in a similar position?

Me. I was hoping for a little monetary love from BU.

bobbyh1919

Postby bobbyh1919 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:31 pm

pdeturk wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:Accepted over two months ago and still haven't heard a peep about a scholarship offer. Given I am by no means entitled to anything, but I figured I would hear something by now with my stats. Anyone else in a similar position?

I'm still assuming it's coming, just curious as to why such a big delay given my numbers and the fact that many people are getting offers in their admittance packages.

crabcakes

Postby crabcakes » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:08 pm

bobbyh1919 wrote:
pdeturk wrote:

I'm still assuming it's coming, just curious as to why such a big delay given my numbers and the fact that many people are getting offers in their admittance packages.

i'm hoping this too, although it's now been quite a while since i was accepted and nothing...

citygirl000

Postby citygirl000 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:21 pm

complete today for the 3rd time [1/12, 1/23, 2/02] - could someone please tell me if this means decision soon? Thank you!

HankBeech

Postby HankBeech » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 pm

citygirl000 wrote:complete today for the 3rd time [1/12, 1/23, 2/02] - could someone please tell me if this means decision soon? Thank you!

Same updates for me.

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 pm

HankBeech wrote:
citygirl000 wrote:complete today for the 3rd time [1/12, 1/23, 2/02] - could someone please tell me if this means decision soon? Thank you!

Same updates for me.

I think I went complete about 2-3 times before getting accepted. You guys should be good!

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
HankBeech wrote:

Same updates for me.

I think I went complete about 2-3 times before getting accepted. You guys should be good!

I went complete at least 4, maybe 5 times. MWAHAHA

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
thesandlot wrote:
gthopeful wrote:
thesandlot wrote:Just received an acceptance. I'm very excited as this is the best school I've heard back from thus far!

Congratulations...what were your complete dates?

Went complete on 12/6 and then again 2/1. Heard via voicemail.

Woah this just reminded me that everything I know, all of my work in the Twelve 6, can be gone in an instant. Just yesterday thesandlot was one of us, and now he is no more. They say Twelve 6 4 life, but do they really mean it? When was the last time Eaper posted in here? Exactly. People change once they get in.

twelve 6 for life. I'm almost positive that I'll be the last one standing so y'all can't abandon me haha

eaper

Postby eaper » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:13 pm

I think I went complete 4 times total? And we're still here, Woods. d(^.^)

lndixon

Postby lndixon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm

I got my snail mail package today. Complete with scholarship offer!! :)

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm

lndixon wrote:I got my snail mail package today. Complete with scholarship offer!! :)

When were you accepted? I'm stalking my mailbox.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 pm

landla wrote:
JoeMo wrote:I'm IN!!!! Got an e-mail. I think they might have my old phone number. OOPS!

12/6 and 1/30 UR.

Congratulations JoeMo!! Good thing there are so many ways to reach people today. (and to everyone else, of course!)

Thank you so much. :)

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 pm

bingbang1025 wrote:Got in via call - super surprised, 163/3.70. I'm from cali...maybe they want geographic diversity? also got into BC (BU and BC were the only 2 east coast schools i applied to), best choice on the west coast thus far is hastings and loyola. boy this is going to be tough. I doubt i get into a higher ranked school than BU. I wonder how BU grads fare in the SoCal job market..

You have ties to SoCal so it might be good. I would contact BU and ask if they know anyone that graduated there and works in SoCal and if they can put you in touch. That person might be able to give you some insight on how "tough" it is. Also, I didn't check SoCal but I know they are having admitted students receptions all over if they have one there I would go and try to talk to some of those people.

Edit: Also BU = BC > Hastings > Loyola

So you best be going to BU.
Last edited by JoeMo on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 pm

I went 12/6, 1/30 decision today. So I would say it's a good bet you'll hear tomorrow or Monday.

Worker and Parasite

Postby Worker and Parasite » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I've seen like 3 applicants with very similar numbers to me who recieved instant scholly offers in their first letter/package. I applied for the Public Interest Scholly program, so maybe individuals like myself will be considered later?

Has anyone who added their PI Scholly statement in their initial application recieved an instant scholly offer?

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:I've seen like 3 applicants with very similar numbers to me who recieved instant scholly offers in their first letter/package. I applied for the Public Interest Scholly program, so maybe individuals like myself will be considered later?

Has anyone who added their PI Scholly statement in their initial application recieved an instant scholly offer?

Wait wait wait wait. People have gotten money in the initial admit packet??? Damn, they made no offer to me at all!

Worker and Parasite

Postby Worker and Parasite » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:58 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:I've seen like 3 applicants with very similar numbers to me who recieved instant scholly offers in their first letter/package. I applied for the Public Interest Scholly program, so maybe individuals like myself will be considered later?

Wait wait wait wait. People have gotten money in the initial admit packet??? Damn, they made no offer to me at all!

Yeah some people in this discussion have gotten offers, I think I saw one for 35K/yearly (pretty exciting). I don't think I could handle BU sticker...

lndixon

Postby lndixon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:

Yeah some people in this discussion have gotten offers, I think I saw one for 35K/yearly (pretty exciting). I don't think I could handle BU sticker...

Yeah i got the 35k merit scholarship. I got an initial acceptance call. About a week and a half ago and today the actual letter came with the scholarship info.

AlphaGlam

Postby AlphaGlam » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:11 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:Still at 12/6...not that this is at all surprising.

Also, did some investigation and all of us in the twelve 6 mafia have like the same LSAT score, but my GPA is wayyyy lower than the rest of y'all. So I've taken the liberty of nominating myself "token dumb blonde" of the twelve 6 mafia.

Its like our LSAT is just good enough that they think we are going to go somewhere else, but not good enough that they would try to entice us with a great scholarship

I feel like every school looks at my app and goes "Well her LSAT is alright, but her GPA sucksss. Buuuut her softs show that she's able to achieve at a fairly unique academic level. Do we follow her GPA or her softs?"

I'm a gamble haha.

LOL Same as you (Great profile pic btw, I love that movie). Good LSAT, a ...special GPA and nice softs. But here's to hoping they gamble on the softs!

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 pm

AlphaGlam wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:Still at 12/6...not that this is at all surprising.

Also, did some investigation and all of us in the twelve 6 mafia have like the same LSAT score, but my GPA is wayyyy lower than the rest of y'all. So I've taken the liberty of nominating myself "token dumb blonde" of the twelve 6 mafia.

Its like our LSAT is just good enough that they think we are going to go somewhere else, but not good enough that they would try to entice us with a great scholarship

I feel like every school looks at my app and goes "Well her LSAT is alright, but her GPA sucksss. Buuuut her softs show that she's able to achieve at a fairly unique academic level. Do we follow her GPA or her softs?"

I'm a gamble haha.

LOL Same as you (Great profile pic btw, I love that movie). Good LSAT, a ...special GPA and nice softs. But here's to hoping they gamble on the softs!

We're numbers twins! Haha when BU comes to their senses and let's us in we'll have to meet up at ASW

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 pm

eaper wrote:I think I went complete 4 times total? And we're still here, Woods. d(^.^)

yayyy :)

AlphaGlam

Postby AlphaGlam » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:27 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
AlphaGlam wrote:

We're numbers twins! Haha when BU comes to their senses and let's us in we'll have to meet up at ASW

Indeed! Not gonna lie, I have "Perfect Day" by Hoku from Legally Blonde on standby for my *hopeful* next acceptances.

6thbackstreetboy

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:59 pm

woodscommaL wrote:twelve 6 for life. I'm almost positive that I'll be the last one standing so y'all can't abandon me haha

If BU tries to update me without the rest of Twelve 6, I'm going to call and have them change mine back to 12/6. Either we all get in, or none of us get in. That's how Twelve 6 rolls.

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:32 pm

AlphaGlam wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
AlphaGlam wrote:

Indeed! Not gonna lie, I have "Perfect Day" by Hoku from Legally Blonde on standby for my *hopeful* next acceptances.

It's like we're the same person. Confession: that song is CONSTANTLY stuck in my head

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:twelve 6 for life. I'm almost positive that I'll be the last one standing so y'all can't abandon me haha

If BU tries to update me without the rest of Twelve 6, I'm going to call and have them change mine back to 12/6. Either we all get in, or none of us get in. That's how Twelve 6 rolls.

I love this.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”