Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby wvu » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Just got the fafsa email

...again.

Why u teasin me tho BU?

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Gail » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 pm

166/3.7ish

Mixed up the BC and BU application though.

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Just got the acceptance packet with a 25k scholly. So happy!

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Worker and Parasite » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:Just got the acceptance packet with a 25k scholly. So happy!


per year? (please be per year)

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:Just got the acceptance packet with a 25k scholly. So happy!


per year? (please be per year)

Yep. Two weeks ago I was wondering whether or not they would even accept me.

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby freaknroll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:21 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:Just got the acceptance packet with a 25k scholly. So happy!


per year? (please be per year)

Yep. Two weeks ago I was wondering whether or not they would even accept me.


What are your numbers?

zurcaled11
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby zurcaled11 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:22 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:Just got the acceptance packet with a 25k scholly. So happy!


per year? (please be per year)

Yep. Two weeks ago I was wondering whether or not they would even accept me.


Congrats! That's awesome. I'd love the same package you just got offered! But at this rate it looks like I'm a WL.

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:23 pm

freaknroll wrote:What are your numbers?

169 and a 3.3 LSAC gpa (I graduated with a 3.7 but college classes I took in HS made that gpa plummet).

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby freaknroll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:25 pm

damn, congratulations.

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Worker and Parasite » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Awesome BigBlueLaw, congrats!

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks and good luck to everyone else waiting!

User avatar
ganggreen
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:40 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby ganggreen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Haven't been able to get a definitive answer on this: what has been the average lag time between acceptance and scholarship? And if you DON'T get a scholarship, is there a way to find that out? Or are you just left in limbo?

bos2clt
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby bos2clt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Has anyone received scholarship offer after the initial admit package? Mine didn't mention scholarship. My numbers are both at/above 75th percentile.

Cheers!

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Still stuck at 12/6…I updated my transcripts a few weeks ago, could this have something to do with the extra long wait? Probably not…

cstan
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby cstan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:09 pm

congrats Blue!

yeah its really weird about the scholarships...it seemed like in December people that were admitted either got their scholarship offers in the initial packet or a few days later. But now it seems like a lot of people are waiting for offers.

I'm 169/3.6 and still waiting :(

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Worker and Parasite » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:38 am

I've got similar stats and I would love that 25k/year. That probably would solidify BU as my school

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby butchcassidy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:48 am

cstan wrote:congrats Blue!

yeah its really weird about the scholarships...it seemed like in December people that were admitted either got their scholarship offers in the initial packet or a few days later. But now it seems like a lot of people are waiting for offers.

I'm 169/3.6 and still waiting :(


3.78, 167 waiting also. really, really would like a nice offer. I mean, I applied ED! Show me some love here!

hartma25
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby hartma25 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:55 am

butchcassidy wrote:
cstan wrote:congrats Blue!

yeah its really weird about the scholarships...it seemed like in December people that were admitted either got their scholarship offers in the initial packet or a few days later. But now it seems like a lot of people are waiting for offers.

I'm 169/3.6 and still waiting :(


3.78, 167 waiting also. really, really would like a nice offer. I mean, I applied ED! Show me some love here!


Same here. 168, 3.7

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby confusedlaw » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:57 am

same here ed applicant 1/13 167 3.7

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby butchcassidy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 am

BigBlueLaw wrote:Just got the acceptance packet with a 25k scholly. So happy!


I also want to point out the irony of the NY sports fan getting the nice scholly to a Boston school...At least you don't go for the Jets :D

User avatar
ganggreen
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:40 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby ganggreen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:20 pm

butchcassidy wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:Just got the acceptance packet with a 25k scholly. So happy!


I also want to point out the irony of the NY sports fan getting the nice scholly to a Boston school...At least you don't go for the Jets :D


Oh ouch... we'll see if you're still talking after Tebow walks all over the Pats tonight (ok, I don't actually believe that'll happen lol)

kcirdor01
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby kcirdor01 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm

ganggreen wrote:Haven't been able to get a definitive answer on this: what has been the average lag time between acceptance and scholarship? And if you DON'T get a scholarship, is there a way to find that out? Or are you just left in limbo?


Applied in Dec.; Got a phone call last week; Admissions package came yesterday with 35k per yr scholly...no lag time at all between acceptance and scholarship--for me, at least.

LawSchoolChampion
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby LawSchoolChampion » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:06 pm

kcirdor01 wrote:
ganggreen wrote:Haven't been able to get a definitive answer on this: what has been the average lag time between acceptance and scholarship? And if you DON'T get a scholarship, is there a way to find that out? Or are you just left in limbo?


Applied in Dec.; Got a phone call last week; Admissions package came yesterday with 35k per yr scholly...no lag time at all between acceptance and scholarship--for me, at least.



What were your numbers?

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby woodscommaL » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:44 pm

stuck at 12/6. so tired of waitinggg

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 pm

woodscommaL wrote:stuck at 12/6. so tired of waitinggg


It's looking more and more like we're on the WL. Not exactly sure why. No 12/6ers that I know of (besides TheLong, and he's a special snowflake) have numbers that point to a YP.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests