Georgia State University c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kneedrag

Bronze

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by kneedrag » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Last edited by kneedrag on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Okay. I am not fond of any of the messengers right now.

But...what about a townhouse at the perimeter west side in Smyrna? Better drive?

kneedrag

Bronze

Post by kneedrag » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Last edited by kneedrag on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kneedrag

Bronze

Post by kneedrag » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Last edited by kneedrag on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:32 pm

kneedrag wrote:
SarahT wrote: I don't have much time....and my choices are outside the perimeter everywhere.

I drove this afternoon at 4:00 and made it from campus to doorstep in 27 minutes...
Trust me, I did that drive for 2+ years.

Some days I'd make it home in 35 minutes (25 miles), other days it would literally take 2 hours. The traffic in Atlanta is unimaginable and horrendously unpredictable. I lived in Chicago before Atlanta, at least the traffic there was on a schedule. Some days I'll leave at 3 and have it take an hour and a half. Other days I'll leave at 5:15 and have it take 35 minutes. It amazes me.

The traffic on the 400/85/connector route is bad. Its doable, but know that you'll have huge swings in commute times, and the average will be a lot longer than you'd reasonably anticipate (IMO).
^This.

Where are you moving from Sarah? If you are from anywhere suburb ATL you should know he's right. As soon as I got the accept from GA State I moved in town for this very reason- I could have stayed where I was but the traffic and the not knowing and the driving and the gas and the accidents and the rain making your commute two hours later just for a drizzle?! Enough to pull my own hair out... so I moved in town. BEST.DECISION.EVER.

Short commute today probably because 1. No clouds. 2. 4pm. 3. Luck of the Gods.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 pm

kneedrag wrote:
SarahT wrote:Okay. I am not fond of any of the messengers right now.

But...what about a townhouse at the perimeter west side in Smyrna? Better drive?
Messengers? If that was to me, I meant the PM feature on TLS (trying to keep too much personal information out of the general threads).

75 is not nearly as bad. My wife works near the cobb galleria. If you could stay closer to the perimeter (Vinings, Smyrna) it'll be much more palatable. I'm not sure how bad it gets as you go further out. I'd imagine that much like 85/400, you'll have issues with congestion when you hit the perimeter, but it won't be as bad living up towards roswell. I have a friend that worked up there and did the reverse commute from downtown, I can ask him for you.

No, I meant the whole "don't shoot the messenger" thing.

Good to know that Smyrna is easier. I am looking at a townhouse there too.....

Thanks guys!

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:37 pm

But hey - GSU is a commuter school... can't knock it.

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 pm

But we were talking about Henderson Mill elementary in Decatur area Lavista roadish right? Cause I think that's actually easier than Smyrna and nicer, too.

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Ga0-3L wrote:But we were talking about Henderson Mill elementary in Decatur area Lavista roadish right? Cause I think that's actually easier than Smyrna and nicer, too.
+1... Go down Ponce then go to Freedom Pkwy (if I am thinking about the correct area)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:47 pm

sdphill wrote:
Ga0-3L wrote:But we were talking about Henderson Mill elementary in Decatur area Lavista roadish right? Cause I think that's actually easier than Smyrna and nicer, too.
+1... Go down Ponce then go to Freedom Pkwy (if I am thinking about the correct area)
Briarcliff to Dekalb Ave. Inman Park Marta Station is what I would do... yep. She could even park at my house with the gate if she wanted to! Safety first folks; safety first.

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Ga0-3L wrote:
sdphill wrote:
Briarcliff to Dekalb Ave. Inman Park Marta Station is what I would do... yep. She could even park at my house with the gate if she wanted to! Safety first folks; safety first.
That's a good idea too! But is GSU on the E/W line or the N/S line? I forgot... If it's on the E/W line, I suggest Inman Park... If N/S she can go for Decatur Station (I think that's what it's called)...

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm

In other news- found this site with GA State Outlines ... Don't trust any outline but my own really but worth checking out.

http://www.nataliegreen.com/lawschooloutlines/index.htm

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm

sdphill wrote:
Ga0-3L wrote:
sdphill wrote:
That's a good idea too! But is GSU on the E/W line or the N/S line? I forgot... If it's on the E/W line, I suggest Inman Park... If N/S she can go for Decatur Station (I think that's what it's called)...
It's on EW it's 4 min. on Marta from Inman Park Station - that's why I moved here - live in L5P... No joke a 5 min. walk and 4 min. marta from GSU law.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 pm

SarahT wrote:Locals (Ga0L especially): How crazy would I be to be near Northlake Mall area by Henderson Mill Elementary?

I found a house I like...sorta...but at least it wasn't poop on a plate in disguise.

I would have from 7:45 until first class (9am) to get there....
I have almost that exact drive every day. Completely doable. Takes about 45 minutes on the worst day, and there are at least 5 different detours. It's not as convenient as your classmates' commutes will be, but I haven't felt it onerous in the slightest.

Rule of thumb in Atlanta, if you can't visually see your destination on the horizon, it's going to be 30+ minutes.

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Ga0-3L wrote:In other news- found this site with GA State Outlines ... Don't trust any outline but my own really but worth checking out.

Once we get our myLaw ID, we can access the exam bank...yay!

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:08 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
SarahT wrote:Locals (Ga0L especially): How crazy would I be to be near Northlake Mall area by Henderson Mill Elementary?

I found a house I like...sorta...but at least it wasn't poop on a plate in disguise.

I have almost that exact drive every day. Completely doable. Takes about 45 minutes on the worst day, and there are at least 5 different detours. It's not as convenient as your classmates' commutes will be, but I haven't felt it onerous in the slightest.

Rule of thumb in Atlanta, if you can't visually see your destination on the horizon, it's going to be 30+ minutes.

You, again, I like. I shall flirt with you when we meet. Since I am married it will be harmless, but, I plan on making you blush.

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:10 pm

SarahT wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:

You, again, I like. I shall flirt with you when we meet. Since I am married it will be harmless, but, I plan on making you blush.
As I, too, am married, and Georgia still considers adultery a criminal misdemeanor, we'll be playing with fire.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
SarahT wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:

As I, too, am married, and Georgia still considers adultery a criminal misdemeanor, we'll be playing with fire.
I'm all talk anyways :lol:

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
SarahT wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:

OoOooOooOOooooohhhhhHhhhh SPARKS!

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Ga0-3L wrote:In other news- found this site with GA State Outlines ... Don't trust any outline but my own really but worth checking out.

I do have my own outlines for most of Contracts E & E, all of Torts E & E (other than the last few chapters on multiples), and half of Civil E & E. All in Growlynotes, which has a free download.... I like to be prepared.

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 pm

SarahT wrote:

I do have my own outlines for most of Contracts E & E, all of Torts E & E (other than the last few chapters on multiples), and half of Civil E & E. All in Growlynotes, which has a free download.... I like to be prepared.

But how are you outlining a class you have yet to take though? Every prof. is so different...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Ga0-3L wrote:
SarahT wrote:

But how are you outlining a class you have yet to take though? Every prof. is so different...
The principles, theories, tests and case precedent are all the same no matter which professor you take.

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

SarahT wrote:
Ga0-3L wrote:
SarahT wrote:

The principles, theories, tests and case precedent are all the same no matter which professor you take.
Ahh true, true. But I'm going to outline my class as my prof. teaches it.

But there is nothing wrong in reading ahead! That's for sure.

kneedrag

Bronze

Post by kneedrag » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

kneedrag

Bronze

Post by kneedrag » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”