Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
prettyhorsederpychan
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby prettyhorsederpychan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:30 pm

iosborn12 wrote:
prettyhorsederpychan wrote:
iosborn12 wrote:
prettyhorsederpychan wrote:so anyone tried registering for the public interest conference yet? There's so many different events and I'm not sure if we're suppose to do all of it or just some of it (in regard to friday events). I'M LOST : (.


I just did all the stuff, and picked one of the two when you had options. The auction seems like it should be a good time.


agreed! some of the panels sound legit interesting too, I'm looking forward to it :). Hopefully it will be fun times in athen.


Have you heard anything about housing yet?


nope, but I will definitely post something here when I do.

User avatar
Supurbia
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Supurbia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:57 pm

How different are job prospects between University of Georgia and Georgia State University? Assuming I want to practice in or near Atlanta.

User avatar
jarv1506
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jarv1506 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:20 pm

for all of you coming up for the WIPI conference. don't miss the auction. it will definitely be the best part of the conference. the fact that i'm helping to organize it in no way influences my opinion :D if you have any questions about the conference or anything else feel free to pm me.

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:08 am

jarv1506 wrote:for all of you coming up for the WIPI conference. don't miss the auction. it will definitely be the best part of the conference. the fact that i'm helping to organize it in no way influences my opinion :D if you have any questions about the conference or anything else feel free to pm me.


Is this open to all admitted students? I was accepted last week and got the jones day invite but can't find anything about WIPI.

User avatar
jarv1506
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jarv1506 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 am

Lvaughn714 wrote:
jarv1506 wrote:for all of you coming up for the WIPI conference. don't miss the auction. it will definitely be the best part of the conference. the fact that i'm helping to organize it in no way influences my opinion :D if you have any questions about the conference or anything else feel free to pm me.


Is this open to all admitted students? I was accepted last week and got the jones day invite but can't find anything about WIPI.


Usually admitted students who are coming to the WIPI conference get housing from current students. If however they don't contact you about it you can always come and stay in Athens at a hotel. The auction is open to the public so anyone can come to that. If you want to attend the WIPI conference and want to get some free housing I'd suggest maybe contacting the school.

User avatar
auburnbelle89
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby auburnbelle89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:02 pm

And finally, after 4 months I'm in :) My decision just got more complicated.

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby georgia32 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 pm

auburnbelle89 wrote:And finally, after 4 months I'm in :) My decision just got more complicated.


Congrats, I'm jealous. Do you go to Auburn University?

User avatar
auburnbelle89
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby auburnbelle89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:47 pm

georgia32 wrote:
auburnbelle89 wrote:And finally, after 4 months I'm in :) My decision just got more complicated.


Congrats, I'm jealous. Do you go to Auburn University?


Haha, no I don't, but I am from Auburn and a die hard fan :D

User avatar
sinisterkid
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sinisterkid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Waitlisted today.

Anyone have luck with a LOCI this cycle?

petite chouette
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby petite chouette » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Also waitlisted today after status checker saying "under review" since early December :(

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby georgia32 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:13 pm

After both of you said that I thought for sure I'd have a change, but it still says under review.

Oh and War Eagle, auburnbelle

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Still under review

User avatar
epistemizer
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby epistemizer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:44 am

georgia32 wrote:After both of you said that I thought for sure I'd have a change, but it still says under review.

Oh and War Eagle, auburnbelle


You best get your shit straight before you show up in Athens with that attitude, people. :D

legalJacket
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby legalJacket » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 am

Anyone know anything about the Georgia Law Scholars process or timeline?

http://www.law.uga.edu/scholarships

User avatar
BKCentral
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BKCentral » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:56 am

georgia32 wrote:After both of you said that I thought for sure I'd have a change, but it still says under review.

Oh and War Eagle, auburnbelle


Yeah get this crap off this board. :)

But seriously...

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby georgia32 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:03 pm

epistemizer wrote:
georgia32 wrote:After both of you said that I thought for sure I'd have a change, but it still says under review.

Oh and War Eagle, auburnbelle


You best get your shit straight before you show up in Athens with that attitude, people. :D



Haha, you cant help how you grew up, and let's be honest the UGA/AU rivalry is very friendly (Let's all get drunk together) kind of rivalry.
Last edited by georgia32 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kroakstool » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:08 pm

georgia32 wrote:
epistemizer wrote:
georgia32 wrote:After both of you said that I thought for sure I'd have a change, but it still says under review.

Oh and War Eagle, auburnbelle


You best get your shit straight before you show up in Athens with that attitude, people. :D



Haha, you cant help how you grew up, and let's be honest the UGA/AU rivalry is very friendly (Let's all get drink together) kind of rivalry.


I DO hate Auburn a lot less than the rest of UGA's rivals lol

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby john1990 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:55 pm

Under review since 1/13 :?

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm

WL via website. I'm fucking floored by this... I know UGA's stock went up when Emory started getting a lot of bad press, but I really don't know what to make of this. Yes, I'm a splitter, but I really thought I had this one in the bag. The low tuition here is a huge draw, but there's no way I'm riding this out. Fuuucccckkkkkkkk

Good luck guys!

E

aldoraine
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aldoraine » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:09 pm

WL today via status checker too. Let me know if there is a thread started for those of us who intend to wait it out. Good luck to everyone.

User avatar
Supurbia
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Supurbia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 pm

aldoraine wrote:WL today via status checker too. Let me know if there is a thread started for those of us who intend to wait it out. Good luck to everyone.


stats?

aldoraine
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aldoraine » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Supurbia wrote:
aldoraine wrote:WL today via status checker too. Let me know if there is a thread started for those of us who intend to wait it out. Good luck to everyone.


stats?


163
3.4
UGA Undergrad.

Actually a little surprised I didnt get denied outright. Would have preferred an acceptance but i knew it was a long shot. I guess I'll wait it out and hope for the best.

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby georgia32 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 pm

aldoraine wrote:
Supurbia wrote:
aldoraine wrote:WL today via status checker too. Let me know if there is a thread started for those of us who intend to wait it out. Good luck to everyone.


stats?


163
3.4
UGA Undergrad.

Actually a little surprised I didnt get denied outright. Would have preferred an acceptance but i knew it was a long shot. I guess I'll wait it out and hope for the best.



I have just about the same numbers as you and I am still under review, hopefully I don't get dinged even though I expect to be. The only reason I thought a had a slim chance was because I am a Georgia resident.

gabewatch
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gabewatch » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 pm

JustE wrote:WL via website. I'm fucking floored by this... I know UGA's stock went up when Emory started getting a lot of bad press, but I really don't know what to make of this. Yes, I'm a splitter, but I really thought I had this one in the bag. The low tuition here is a huge draw, but there's no way I'm riding this out. Fuuucccckkkkkkkk

Good luck guys!

E


That is weird, based on your other acceptances you must have some really good numbers. Did you apply to UGA late or something?

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:10 pm

gabewatch wrote:
JustE wrote:WL via website. I'm fucking floored by this... I know UGA's stock went up when Emory started getting a lot of bad press, but I really don't know what to make of this. Yes, I'm a splitter, but I really thought I had this one in the bag. The low tuition here is a huge draw, but there's no way I'm riding this out. Fuuucccckkkkkkkk

Good luck guys!

E


That is weird, based on your other acceptances you must have some really good numbers. Did you apply to UGA late or something?


Nope. It was in my first batch around Thanksgiving... Not sure what happened here. I'm a URM tho, so I was expecting a wild cycle...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”