Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
prettyhorsederpychan
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby prettyhorsederpychan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 am

ClassyKelly wrote:The folks who received scholarship increases: Do you live in Georgia? I actually requested an increase and I'd like to attribute the lack of response to mailing time from GA to VA. Wish thinking...?


GA res, non-urm. I'd say give it about 3 more days :).

legalJacket
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby legalJacket » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 am

ClassyKelly wrote:The folks who received scholarship increases: Do you live in Georgia? I actually requested an increase and I'd like to attribute the lack of response to mailing time from GA to VA. Wish thinking...?


Also GA, non-URM. Letter was postmarked on 2/8, so it could still be making its way north for you. Good luck!

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby laxbrah420 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 am

pballer wrote:
chill wrote:
jsvaughn wrote:ive been complete since halloween, this wait is killing me. I think they forgot about me.

167/2.5


Me too. I'm guessing no sub-3 splitter love this year, since I'm a 179/2.6 October submitter and I'm in the same boat.


I got in on 2-24 last year with a 2.4/167 after applying in october. I can't speak to the admission staff's goals this year, but I can tell you that there are a bunch of 167+ severe splitters in the class of 2014. Don't despair just yet; I'd guess that splitters start getting the green light soon.

On an unrelated note, if anyone has any questions about uga law generally I'd be happy to try to help.

i got in sub3 165. my swag may have helped though

iosborn12
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iosborn12 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:05 pm

neeko wrote:
chill wrote:
jsvaughn wrote:ive been complete since halloween, this wait is killing me. I think they forgot about me.

167/2.5


Me too. I'm guessing no sub-3 splitter love this year, since I'm a 179/2.6 October submitter and I'm in the same boat.


167/2.8, waiting since October as well.


I'm 168/2.95 and was admitted within a week and a half of applying back in November, so I must have been a auto-admit. If thats the case you guys should be on the upper end of the bubble, so don't get discouraged.

vbc515
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vbc515 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:57 pm

I also live in GA and got the letter yesterday, so if you're OOS I wouldn't worry. I live in South ATL and sometimes mail coming from Buckhead takes 3 days, haha.

vbc515
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vbc515 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:03 pm

They upped me to $5k from $3k. I'm actually not a native GA resident but I've been living here since May-ish so they also gave me in state, putting the total at around $12k-$13k a year. Still waiting to hear back from Emory and GSU about scholarship info, but I've been offered a free ride at Mercer which I hope helps some in negotiating. I plan on telling them that although their tuition rates are already a great deal compared to other schools in the state (ie; Emory, Mercer), I would still have to relocate to Athens and pay for rent there (I currently don't pay to live in ATL, nor would I have to while in law school if I stayed here), which is obviously a pretty significant additional cost. Does anyone have experience with actually soliciting more merit scholarship money from UGA? I am obviously going to include my offers from other GA schools, but do you guys think it would also be helpful to include other OOS schools, or are these less relevant?

charon
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby charon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:25 pm

I applied on January 23rd and already have my acceptance letter, but it didn't mention anything about scholarship. My stats are 3.92 and 169 so I was kind of surprised. On the other hand, I did take the LSAT twice (163 the first time) and had to write a C&F addendum :/ Do they usually sent scholly info with the acceptance letter or do they send it later?

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Its been mentioned in earlier pages. Some people receive scholarships with acceptances while others did not. According to the admissions officers, they are making more decisions this month.

It kind of sucks that they are increasing some people's scholarships before giving ou scholarships to everyone, but it doesn't seem to be a large increase.

charon wrote:I applied on January 23rd and already have my acceptance letter, but it didn't mention anything about scholarship. My stats are 3.92 and 169 so I was kind of surprised. On the other hand, I did take the LSAT twice (163 the first time) and had to write a C&F addendum :/ Do they usually sent scholly info with the acceptance letter or do they send it later?

charon
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby charon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:07 pm

cutecarmel wrote:Its been mentioned in earlier pages. Some people receive scholarships with acceptances while others did not. According to the admissions officers, they are making more decisions this month.

It kind of sucks that they are increasing some people's scholarships before giving ou scholarships to everyone, but it doesn't seem to be a large increase.

charon wrote:I applied on January 23rd and already have my acceptance letter, but it didn't mention anything about scholarship. My stats are 3.92 and 169 so I was kind of surprised. On the other hand, I did take the LSAT twice (163 the first time) and had to write a C&F addendum :/ Do they usually sent scholly info with the acceptance letter or do they send it later?

Thanks for the reply. I skimmed some of the earlier pages but I still wasn't completely sure.

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:15 pm

So it looks like I'll be going to the Jones Day reception since I just got into W&M and their ASW is the same weekend. Also it's a great excuse to fly in Thursday morning then spend the weekend with my buddy stationed at Fort Benning. Anyone else thinking of sticking around Atlanta that weekend just to check it out?

User avatar
Ga0-3L
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ga0-3L » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Lvaughn714 wrote:So it looks like I'll be going to the Jones Day reception since I just got into W&M and their ASW is the same weekend. Also it's a great excuse to fly in Thursday morning then spend the weekend with my buddy stationed at Fort Benning. Anyone else thinking of sticking around Atlanta that weekend just to check it out?



Fort Benning is a WAYS away from Athens, though. To the tune of 4 hours. That'll be a busy weekend for you.

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Ga0-3L wrote:
Lvaughn714 wrote:So it looks like I'll be going to the Jones Day reception since I just got into W&M and their ASW is the same weekend. Also it's a great excuse to fly in Thursday morning then spend the weekend with my buddy stationed at Fort Benning. Anyone else thinking of sticking around Atlanta that weekend just to check it out?



Fort Benning is a WAYS away from Athens, though. To the tune of 4 hours. That'll be a busy weekend for you.


I know but I'm not going out there we are staying in atlanta for the weekend.

User avatar
Ga0-3L
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ga0-3L » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Lvaughn714 wrote:
Ga0-3L wrote:
Lvaughn714 wrote:So it looks like I'll be going to the Jones Day reception since I just got into W&M and their ASW is the same weekend. Also it's a great excuse to fly in Thursday morning then spend the weekend with my buddy stationed at Fort Benning. Anyone else thinking of sticking around Atlanta that weekend just to check it out?



Fort Benning is a WAYS away from Athens, though. To the tune of 4 hours. That'll be a busy weekend for you.


I know but I'm not going out there we are staying in atlanta for the weekend.


That'll be a fun trip then... <3 this city.

User avatar
JuneLSATFail
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JuneLSATFail » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Just got a letter from UGA for in-state tutition the first year. 167/3.54.. was hoping for more. I have a lot of better offers, but I really want to go to UGA. Think they will negotiate?

Christine12456
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Christine12456 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:27 pm

JuneLSATFail wrote:Just got a letter from UGA for in-state tutition the first year. 167/3.54.. was hoping for more. I have a lot of better offers, but I really want to go to UGA. Think they will negotiate?


I have the same problem. I love UGA but I have better options and would like more money. Im going to try to negotiate, I figure it can not hurt. I wonder if anyone has negotiated successfully though.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sandro » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 pm

JuneLSATFail wrote:Just got a letter from UGA for in-state tutition the first year. 167/3.54.. was hoping for more. I have a lot of better offers, but I really want to go to UGA. Think they will negotiate?


what offers ya got ?

User avatar
ClassyKelly
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:29 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ClassyKelly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Hubby and I will be looking for a luxury apartment or townhouse extremely close to the campus. Does anyone know any good rental communities close by.

We'd like the neighborhood have more of a family/grown up atmosphere, less dorm/campus living.

PM me!

User avatar
prettyhorsederpychan
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby prettyhorsederpychan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:26 pm

so anyone tried registering for the public interest conference yet? There's so many different events and I'm not sure if we're suppose to do all of it or just some of it (in regard to friday events). I'M LOST : (.

iosborn12
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iosborn12 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 pm

prettyhorsederpychan wrote:so anyone tried registering for the public interest conference yet? There's so many different events and I'm not sure if we're suppose to do all of it or just some of it (in regard to friday events). I'M LOST : (.


I just did all the stuff, and picked one of the two when you had options. The auction seems like it should be a good time.

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hookem7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Just got the tuition equalization letter in the mail. Welcome back to the decision table UGA 8)

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:48 pm

hookem7 wrote:Just got the tuition equalization letter in the mail. Welcome back to the decision table UGA 8)


Are you in some amazing place where they deliver mail on Sundays?

User avatar
prettyhorsederpychan
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby prettyhorsederpychan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:38 pm

iosborn12 wrote:
prettyhorsederpychan wrote:so anyone tried registering for the public interest conference yet? There's so many different events and I'm not sure if we're suppose to do all of it or just some of it (in regard to friday events). I'M LOST : (.


I just did all the stuff, and picked one of the two when you had options. The auction seems like it should be a good time.


agreed! some of the panels sound legit interesting too, I'm looking forward to it :). Hopefully it will be fun times in athen.

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hookem7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Lvaughn714 wrote:
hookem7 wrote:Just got the tuition equalization letter in the mail. Welcome back to the decision table UGA 8)


Are you in some amazing place where they deliver mail on Sundays?



Hah nope, I actually got it yesterday but I was given the letter by one of my roomies today

iosborn12
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iosborn12 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 pm

prettyhorsederpychan wrote:
iosborn12 wrote:
prettyhorsederpychan wrote:so anyone tried registering for the public interest conference yet? There's so many different events and I'm not sure if we're suppose to do all of it or just some of it (in regard to friday events). I'M LOST : (.


I just did all the stuff, and picked one of the two when you had options. The auction seems like it should be a good time.


agreed! some of the panels sound legit interesting too, I'm looking forward to it :). Hopefully it will be fun times in athen.


Have you heard anything about housing yet?

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 pm

iosborn12 wrote:
prettyhorsederpychan wrote:
iosborn12 wrote:
prettyhorsederpychan wrote:so anyone tried registering for the public interest conference yet? There's so many different events and I'm not sure if we're suppose to do all of it or just some of it (in regard to friday events). I'M LOST : (.


I just did all the stuff, and picked one of the two when you had options. The auction seems like it should be a good time.


agreed! some of the panels sound legit interesting too, I'm looking forward to it :). Hopefully it will be fun times in athen.


Have you heard anything about housing yet?


Where did you guys get the info on this?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”