Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vguerra
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vguerra » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 am

Under review since 11/8....whyyyyy?! No love from UGA and I am officially worried.

User avatar
auburnbelle89
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby auburnbelle89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 pm

vguerra wrote:Under review since 11/8....whyyyyy?! No love from UGA and I am officially worried.


We have similar numbers, and I've been under review since 10/31. According to LSN, it looks like UGA hasn't admitted anyone below 165 that isn't a URM. We might be waiting a while :?

User avatar
epistemizer
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby epistemizer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:28 pm

auburnbelle89 wrote:
vguerra wrote:Under review since 11/8....whyyyyy?! No love from UGA and I am officially worried.


We have similar numbers, and I've been under review since 10/31. According to LSN, it looks like UGA hasn't admitted anyone below 165 that isn't a URM. We might be waiting a while :?


Hang in there, you too. With the number of LSAT takers (and presumably applicants) down this year, I'll bet UGA's median is going to drop back off of last year's 165. It will probably just take them later in the cycle to admit you is all. I'd have faith for now.

User avatar
westinghouse60
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby westinghouse60 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Mine went complete 12/5, found out I was accepted 12/12. But I submitted 11/1 and was just waiting for 1 LOR, so that may have had something to do with the quick turn around.

User avatar
VanillaBear
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby VanillaBear » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 pm

My application went complete around 12/8 and my status checker already says "under review." Is this a normal turn-around time for being under review? I'm from Georgia, but I don't think my numbers would warrant any kind of special treatment.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eandy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:56 pm

VanillaBear wrote:My application went complete around 12/8 and my status checker already says "under review." Is this a normal turn-around time for being under review? I'm from Georgia, but I don't think my numbers would warrant any kind of special treatment.

Yes. Uga gets you in and out in one to two weeks this time of year, and a month later in. Unless you are questionable.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm

I submitted my app very early. Back in Sept. I've been UR forever. I thought I'd be in by now. At the beginning of my cycle, they were definitely my first choice.

User avatar
VanillaBear
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby VanillaBear » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

eandy wrote:
VanillaBear wrote:My application went complete around 12/8 and my status checker already says "under review." Is this a normal turn-around time for being under review? I'm from Georgia, but I don't think my numbers would warrant any kind of special treatment.

Yes. Uga gets you in and out in one to two weeks this time of year, and a month later in. Unless you are questionable.



Oh ok. I just thought it seemed a little quick to go under review, especially since it's at the end of the semester. I guess I'll just hope for a response early in January.

User avatar
epistemizer
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby epistemizer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:08 am

VanillaBear wrote:
eandy wrote:
VanillaBear wrote:My application went complete around 12/8 and my status checker already says "under review." Is this a normal turn-around time for being under review? I'm from Georgia, but I don't think my numbers would warrant any kind of special treatment.

Yes. Uga gets you in and out in one to two weeks this time of year, and a month later in. Unless you are questionable.



Oh ok. I just thought it seemed a little quick to go under review, especially since it's at the end of the semester. I guess I'll just hope for a response early in January.


You probably got lucky and timed it just right. They want to get a bunch of decisions made over the holidays, and you got yours in right as they were getting ready to gather them all up.

User avatar
VanillaBear
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby VanillaBear » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:00 pm

epistemizer wrote:
VanillaBear wrote:
eandy wrote:
VanillaBear wrote:My application went complete around 12/8 and my status checker already says "under review." Is this a normal turn-around time for being under review? I'm from Georgia, but I don't think my numbers would warrant any kind of special treatment.

Yes. Uga gets you in and out in one to two weeks this time of year, and a month later in. Unless you are questionable.



Oh ok. I just thought it seemed a little quick to go under review, especially since it's at the end of the semester. I guess I'll just hope for a response early in January.


You probably got lucky and timed it just right. They want to get a bunch of decisions made over the holidays, and you got yours in right as they were getting ready to gather them all up.


Cool. Will UGA (or any schools) update statuses over the Christmas break? I got emails from a few schools about the law school being closed, but I wasn't sure if that meant no movement on apps at all.

User avatar
epistemizer
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby epistemizer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 pm

VanillaBear wrote:
epistemizer wrote:
VanillaBear wrote:Oh ok. I just thought it seemed a little quick to go under review, especially since it's at the end of the semester. I guess I'll just hope for a response early in January.


You probably got lucky and timed it just right. They want to get a bunch of decisions made over the holidays, and you got yours in right as they were getting ready to gather them all up.


As a fellow 0L I'm not sure of the answer to this question. I would bank on early January and be pleasantly surprised otherwise.

You said you're from GA, are you at UGA for UG?
Cool. Will UGA (or any schools) update statuses over the Christmas break? I got emails from a few schools about the law school being closed, but I wasn't sure if that meant no movement on apps at all.

User avatar
VanillaBear
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby VanillaBear » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 pm

No, I don't go to UGA, even though I would have loved to if I would have been able to go for free. I go to Mercer. Do you go to UGA?

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby john1990 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:21 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
gavinstevens wrote:
john1990 wrote:Sent my application out on 12/5 and still haven't gotten an email back from UGA yet :shock:
166/3.3 here

I submitted the day after and haven't heard either. Someone else posted that they got a status checker two weeks after submitting, and it already indicated acceptance when they got it.

UGA has a unique status-checker system. If you create an account on the UGA website, you should be able to check your status before receiving any emails from UGA

http://www.law.uga.edu/user/register


i registered, but i can't find the status checker :?:

User avatar
epistemizer
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby epistemizer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:49 pm

john1990 wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:
gavinstevens wrote:
john1990 wrote:Sent my application out on 12/5 and still haven't gotten an email back from UGA yet :shock:
166/3.3 here

I submitted the day after and haven't heard either. Someone else posted that they got a status checker two weeks after submitting, and it already indicated acceptance when they got it.

UGA has a unique status-checker system. If you create an account on the UGA website, you should be able to check your status before receiving any emails from UGA

http://www.law.uga.edu/user/register


i registered, but i can't find the status checker :?:


If you click the purple box that says "Prospective Students" at the top of law.uga.edu, it will let you log in. Once you're logged in, just look at the lower right of the screen and it has a little "Status Checker" info for you. There's nothing to click; it's just right there, telling you yo business.

User avatar
epistemizer
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby epistemizer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:51 pm

VanillaBear wrote:No, I don't go to UGA, even though I would have loved to if I would have been able to go for free. I go to Mercer. Do you go to UGA?


I got a grad degree at UGA. I am a fan (of the school and of Athens).

Here's the applicants' thread from last year, and it looks like people were having actions taken on their apps through the Christmas holidays. So maybe you will find out any day.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133105&start=250

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:58 pm

epistemizer wrote:
john1990 wrote:i registered, but i can't find the status checker :?:


If you click the purple box that says "Prospective Students" at the top of law.uga.edu, it will let you log in. Once you're logged in, just look at the lower right of the screen and it has a little "Status Checker" info for you. There's nothing to click; it's just right there, telling you yo business.

Yup, unlike other schools, there is no special link to click.

I really like UGA's status checker system. If you use the same computer and browser, you should be able to stay logged in for weeks - so no re-entering your information every time you visit, like every other school. And unlike most other schools, they actually use the status checker - it lists your decision as soon as they make it. I got a decision at UVA the week before last and my status checker there still hasn't moved beyond 'complete'

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eandy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:05 pm

For people who may care--career services people are working/doing appointments over christmas break, so I am sure admissions is working as well. Also, yes, last year a bunch of decisions were made around NYE.

User avatar
VanillaBear
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby VanillaBear » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm glad they'll be working over the break a little. Hopefully I can get a Christmas present from them!!

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Your application has been processed but is incomplete

Any idea on how to figure out what makes it incomplete?

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eandy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
Your application has been processed but is incomplete

Any idea on how to figure out what makes it incomplete?

Call them tomorrow if you're worried about it. It took a week for mine to go complete, though, so it may be nothing.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 pm

eandy wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:
Your application has been processed but is incomplete

Any idea on how to figure out what makes it incomplete?

Call them tomorrow if you're worried about it. It took a week for mine to go complete, though, so it may be nothing.

Roger that --then I'm not worried

User avatar
epistemizer
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby epistemizer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
Your application has been processed but is incomplete

Any idea on how to figure out what makes it incomplete?


I've wondered that too, but like eandy said it's likely nothing to sweat. Mine was incomplete for a couple of days, even though everything was definitely in. It's just what they name the phase before "under review," for some reason.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby laxbrah420 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 am

you'd think if you built your own custom status check web app that you'd make it better than the default lsac one :lol:

vguerra
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vguerra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:33 pm

citykitty wrote:I submitted my app very early. Back in Sept. I've been UR forever. I thought I'd be in by now. At the beginning of my cycle, they were definitely my first choice.


right there with ya. nothing from UGA, applied awhile ago, thinking the worst by now

vbc515
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vbc515 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:30 pm

In via email today! I think I submitted right before Thanksgiving and went complete the first week of December. For those of you who have already received the acceptance package in the mail... is that where the scholly info is? I live in GA but I'm back home in NY for the holidays so I won't get my hands on the package for a while.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Bing [Bot], mse2020, proteinshake and 16 guests