Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:07 pm

naw wrote:I'm hoping to hear back from them EA by mid-December (though they say mid-January...sigh). If its an admit at sticker, I'll more than likely apply. I don't have the best case, but they say on the site they're willing to accept any volunteer/PI stuff going back to high school, so that'll certainly help my case.


I applied EA, too...I'm hoping I'll have a decision before January, though. Northeastern is my first choice, so the wait is killing me. Also, that's good that they'll accept volunteer work from that far back...I did a lot of volunteering in high school, so that's good to know. ^^

Ec84
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Ec84 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Just sent in my EA this morning. Went complete at 8 AM. How long did it take for everyone to get confirmation emails?

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Ec84 wrote:Just sent in my EA this morning. Went complete at 8 AM. How long did it take for everyone to get confirmation emails?


Do you mean confirmation emails for a complete file? If I remember correctly, I sent my EA app in during late September, went complete in mid October, and received a confirmation email the same day (as my file went complete). There's been no movement since. =/

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby puremorning » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 pm

vpintz wrote:
naw wrote:I'm hoping to hear back from them EA by mid-December (though they say mid-January...sigh). If its an admit at sticker, I'll more than likely apply. I don't have the best case, but they say on the site they're willing to accept any volunteer/PI stuff going back to high school, so that'll certainly help my case.


I applied EA, too...I'm hoping I'll have a decision before January, though. Northeastern is my first choice, so the wait is killing me. Also, that's good that they'll accept volunteer work from that far back...I did a lot of volunteering in high school, so that's good to know. ^^


Same. Went there Monday and wandered through students in a finals haze. I liked it :-) My second rec went through today so hopefully I'll go complete soon.

Ec84
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Ec84 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Just went complete today. Anyone know when they usually send out decisions for EA?

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Ec84 wrote:Just went complete today. Anyone know when they usually send out decisions for EA?


No idea, sadly. I applied EA and I've been complete since October 13-ish.

Sidenote: my status checker says that I'm paid $0 of the $75 app fee. I'm mildly concerned, but I figured I would check here and see if anybody else had the same thing before I frantically called the admissions office.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby puremorning » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Ec84 wrote:Just went complete today. Anyone know when they usually send out decisions for EA?



Supposedly by Jan. 15.

Ec84
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Ec84 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 pm

vpintz wrote:
Ec84 wrote:Just went complete today. Anyone know when they usually send out decisions for EA?


No idea, sadly. I applied EA and I've been complete since October 13-ish.

Sidenote: my status checker says that I'm paid $0 of the $75 app fee. I'm mildly concerned, but I figured I would check here and see if anybody else had the same thing before I frantically called the admissions office.



For what its worth mine says that I am paid in full for the 75.00. You might want to check on that...

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Ec84 wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Ec84 wrote:Just went complete today. Anyone know when they usually send out decisions for EA?


No idea, sadly. I applied EA and I've been complete since October 13-ish.

Sidenote: my status checker says that I'm paid $0 of the $75 app fee. I'm mildly concerned, but I figured I would check here and see if anybody else had the same thing before I frantically called the admissions office.



For what its worth mine says that I am paid in full for the 75.00. You might want to check on that...


Yeah, I think I'll shoot them an email. I definitely paid it, and I have proof of payment (I think, I'll have to search for the paperwork), so...hopefully this won't be a big damn deal. I would hate to be screwed over by such a stupid fluke. Thanks for your input. C:

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:18 pm

In case anybody else had the issue of the status checker saying that I had not paid the app fee--I emailed Admissions and they told me that my files showed that I had paid the fee, and to ignore that part of the status checker.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby 89vision » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:01 pm

I think I'm going to throw in an application. I received a fee waiver, but am waiting until I get paid to pay the LSAC charge. I have a 158/3.42(will be at least 3.5 by December) and am retaking in December. I also received an email about the Social Justice scholarship, but I haven't volunteered. I am really active in student groups though.

kickthebcket
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby kickthebcket » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:27 am

89vision wrote:I think I'm going to throw in an application. I received a fee waiver, but am waiting until I get paid to pay the LSAC charge. I have a 158/3.42(will be at least 3.5 by December) and am retaking in December. I also received an email about the Social Justice scholarship, but I haven't volunteered. I am really active in student groups though.


No offense to you and your numbers (mine are almost identical), but how did you manage to get a fee waiver?

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby 89vision » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 pm

kickthebcket wrote:
89vision wrote:I think I'm going to throw in an application. I received a fee waiver, but am waiting until I get paid to pay the LSAC charge. I have a 158/3.42(will be at least 3.5 by December, currently a 3.5 from my UG) and am retaking in December. I also received an email about the Social Justice scholarship, but I haven't volunteered. I am really active in student groups though.


No offense to you and your numbers (mine are almost identical), but how did you manage to get a fee waiver?


Need based. If I didn't get unsolicited fee waivers, I emailed the schools, who either sent me one *without mentioning my stats* or an application for a need based one. I haven't been turned down for a need based one. I haven't paid an application fee yet. which is great because I'm broke. I didn't apply for an LSAC fee waiver, because I didn't know about it until after I paid for everything.

Good luck, any statss?

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Every time there's a new reply ITT, I have a heart attack. NEU, y u do this to me? ;_;

In any case, my stats:
154 (yes I know, should have retaken) / 3.7 ish

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby 89vision » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:22 pm

vpintz wrote:Every time there's a new reply ITT, I have a heart attack. NEU, y u do this to me? ;_;

In any case, my stats:
154 (yes I know, should have retaken) / 3.7 ish


Thanks. I taking it tomorrow (can't wait for it to be done), and hopefully can grab 3-5 more points. I think I'd love Boston, and there's no way I'm getting into Harvard, BC, or BU with my stats.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:31 pm

89vision wrote:
vpintz wrote:Every time there's a new reply ITT, I have a heart attack. NEU, y u do this to me? ;_;

In any case, my stats:
154 (yes I know, should have retaken) / 3.7 ish


Thanks. I taking it tomorrow (can't wait for it to be done), and hopefully can grab 3-5 more points. I think I'd love Boston, and there's no way I'm getting into Harvard, BC, or BU with my stats.


No prob! Good luck on the retake, I'm sure you'll kill it =D

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby 89vision » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:48 pm

vpintz wrote:
89vision wrote:
vpintz wrote:Every time there's a new reply ITT, I have a heart attack. NEU, y u do this to me? ;_;

In any case, my stats:
154 (yes I know, should have retaken) / 3.7 ish


Thanks. I taking it tomorrow (can't wait for it to be done), and hopefully can grab 3-5 more points. I think I'd love Boston, and there's no way I'm getting into Harvard, BC, or BU with my stats.


No prob! Good luck on the retake, I'm sure you'll kill it =D


Thanks! I hope so. My lowest PT is a 161, which is an improvement I'd be happy with. I don't think I'll be as nervous. Just need to get a few more questions right. My LG has gotten a lot better since I took the LSAT in October, went from -5-7 to -1-3. Good luck to everyone applying and retaking tomorrow!

For anyone admitted, I'd love to see your stats, even if you PM me!

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby naw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:29 pm

IN! First acceptance to law school!!! YEAHHHH.

barbizon
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby barbizon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm in as well. Submitted 11/19.

knightjd
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby knightjd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 pm

naw wrote:IN! First acceptance to law school!!! YEAHHHH.


+1

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Congrats, naw, knightjd, and barbizon! =D Did any of you submit EA, or were you RD? (relevant to my interests, as I submitted EA)

Also, mind sharing yr numbers? c:

mooseman2216
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:21 am

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby mooseman2216 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 pm

In via email which redirected me to my status checker! 3.6 166

sfamor
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby sfamor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:46 pm

In as well today! Got an email telling me to check the status checker for a decision. I was regular decision with 164 LSAT and no gpa.

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby naw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:55 pm

vpintz wrote:Congrats, naw, knightjd, and barbizon! =D Did any of you submit EA, or were you RD? (relevant to my interests, as I submitted EA)

Also, mind sharing yr numbers? c:

PM'd.

knightjd
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Northeastern c/o 2015 applicants

Postby knightjd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:59 pm

vpintz wrote:Congrats, naw, knightjd, and barbizon! =D Did any of you submit EA, or were you RD? (relevant to my interests, as I submitted EA)

Also, mind sharing yr numbers? c:


Thanks! I applied RD on 9/22, complete on 10/13... 2.95gpa 165 lsat URM-MA.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, KatCoco, Lumis and 15 guests