W&L c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Preferred ASW Weekend

February 17-18
35%
March 16-17
36%
March 30-31
30%

Total votes: 101

lakers3peat

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby lakers3peat » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:55 pm

beezy08 wrote:
lakers3peat wrote:anyone else nervous to move to lexington virginia? :( I'm scared I wont fit in

What makes you feel like you won't fit in? I know Lexington is probably a slight culture shock for most, but it seems like the law school is very into having a diverse class. I guess ASW would be a good time to see if that's true.

well for starters, I have never been in cold weather in my life... ever... secondly, i've never been in a red state in my life... ever... oh and its also complete other side of the continent and theres 7000 people that live there, i think theres 7000 people on my block ha

ashley12

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm

skolks wrote:
ashley12 wrote:
jaysgirl42671 wrote:I posted them with my admittance screaming and dancing, but I have a 161/3.68. I am a reapplicant so I don't know if that helped me at all.

And yes! They are blue and pretty and say W&L Law on them. They are winners. :D

I love stickers... when not just a term to describe the small fortune I would have to pay to attend a school. Leeeeeggoooo scholarship letter! (Disclaimer: Also not expecting much)

Am I the only one who is optimistic about scholarship? My low GPA with my mediocre LSAT I think warrants money! haha

I think my LSAT is too low to be optimistic about moneys. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like they're going to tell me I should just be happy I got in and stop bitchin'.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm

lakers3peat wrote:
beezy08 wrote:
lakers3peat wrote:anyone else nervous to move to lexington virginia? :( I'm scared I wont fit in

What makes you feel like you won't fit in? I know Lexington is probably a slight culture shock for most, but it seems like the law school is very into having a diverse class. I guess ASW would be a good time to see if that's true.

well for starters, I have never been in cold weather in my life... ever... secondly, i've never been in a red state in my life... ever... oh and its also complete other side of the continent and theres 7000 people that live there, i think theres 7000 people on my block ha

Lived in hot weather but a blue only state? Southern California? Hawaii? lol

I'd consider VA a swing state, maybe leaning slightly red.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Thursday, please be kind to me (and hurry up).

btw384

Postby btw384 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:09 pm

nshapkar wrote:Anyone planning on the last open house in march? I want to check out Lexington ASAP but February is too soon and the second one I can't attend because radiohead is coming to town.

I'm going to be at the ASW on March 30-31. I've already got visits lined up for the other two weekends. Looks like it is going to be the least crowded of the three weekends (unless people just now being admitted fill it up).

P.S. Terrible avatar. Blue is the color. :D

nshapkar

Postby nshapkar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:20 pm

lakers3peat wrote:
beezy08 wrote:

Virginia isn't that bad, I used to live in Fairfax just outside DC. In terms of political leanings it's definitely leaning right but not like a real southern red state obsessed with the bible fearful of anything not white. The weather isn't that bad, and really should be the least of your worries....more than anything you might be surprised how brutal summer time is, like 100% humidity brutal. As far as there being only 7000 people, I'm kind of looking forward to it. I've lived in large cities my entire life, I think I can handle three years of minimal distractions.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:20 pm

ashley12 wrote:
skolks wrote:
ashley12 wrote:
jaysgirl42671 wrote:I posted them with my admittance screaming and dancing, but I have a 161/3.68. I am a reapplicant so I don't know if that helped me at all.

And yes! They are blue and pretty and say W&L Law on them. They are winners. :D

I love stickers... when not just a term to describe the small fortune I would have to pay to attend a school. Leeeeeggoooo scholarship letter! (Disclaimer: Also not expecting much)

Am I the only one who is optimistic about scholarship? My low GPA with my mediocre LSAT I think warrants money! haha

I think my LSAT is too low to be optimistic about moneys. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like they're going to tell me I should just be happy I got in and stop bitchin'.

I got 15k per year, ashley. So I imagine you'll get at least that if not 20k.

nshapkar

Postby nshapkar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 pm

btw384 wrote:
nshapkar wrote:Anyone planning on the last open house in march? I want to check out Lexington ASAP but February is too soon and the second one I can't attend because radiohead is coming to town.

I'm going to be at the ASW on March 30-31. I've already got visits lined up for the other two weekends. Looks like it is going to be the least crowded of the three weekends (unless people just now being admitted fill it up).

As in Everton? We'll see February 25th.

And if you meant Chelsea....*facepalm*

btw384

Postby btw384 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:27 pm

nshapkar wrote:
btw384 wrote:

I meant Chelsea. Though I suppose I shouldn't be talking trash too much. Our recent record against you hasn't exactly been stellar.

nshapkar

Postby nshapkar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:31 pm

btw384 wrote:
nshapkar wrote:
btw384 wrote:

I meant Chelsea. Though I suppose I shouldn't be talking trash too much. Our recent record against you hasn't exactly been stellar.

It hasn't but at least you guys are comfortably in a CL spot. The way things have been going we need to win the carling cup to have a shot at any European competition.....Europa, ftw lol

btw, check out this thread if you dig the beautiful game: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... start=2850

btw384

Postby btw384 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm

nshapkar wrote:It hasn't but at least you guys are comfortably in a CL spot. The way things have been going we need to win the carling cup to have a shot at any European competition.....Europa, ftw lol

btw, check out this thread if you dig the beautiful game: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... start=2850

Beautiful. How did I not know about this until now?

I can provide the thread with a solid Chelsea fan for everybody to rag on.

wvu

Postby wvu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Got a letter from W&L in the mail today... but it was just the acceptance letter. More waiting for scholly news. :cry:

On the bright side, though... OMG STICKERS!!!

Not fair, playing on the latent desire of a return to things from our childhood, W&L. Very dirty.

wvu

Postby wvu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Anyone know how essential that first day of ASW is?

Wake's ASD is March 30, and I wanted to go to W&Ls on the 30-31, so I'd probably get to Lexington pretty late on the 30th.

skolks

Postby skolks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:16 pm

wvuchip wrote:Got a letter from W&L in the mail today... but it was just the acceptance letter. More waiting for scholly news. :cry:

Not fair, playing on the latent desire of a return to things from our childhood, W&L. Very dirty.

StickerSSSS?? I only got 1! If you got more than me then W&L is definitely out

wvu

Postby wvu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

skolks wrote:
wvuchip wrote:Got a letter from W&L in the mail today... but it was just the acceptance letter. More waiting for scholly news. :cry:

StickerSSSS?? I only got 1! If you got more than me then W&L is definitely out

No, I only got one. Sorry for the confusion, plz don't make Dean Twitty hate me. =(

ensign85

Postby ensign85 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Just got an email saying they plan to make a decision on my file Jan 26. Quite pleased with this school so far.

Dash41

Postby Dash41 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:29 pm

I just got an email saying that I was now under review and should receive a decision on my file by Thursday, January 26. I like this approach by W&L. Knowing this is really nice.

smhaaty

Postby smhaaty » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:26 am

Haven't heard back yet, but I was wondering... What airport do you fly into to get to Lexington???

ricky340

Postby ricky340 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 am

Who's going to ASW in February?!?!?!?!?!?!

wvu

Postby wvu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:30 am

smhaaty wrote:Haven't heard back yet, but I was wondering... What airport do you fly into to get to Lexington???

Good question. I'd help, since I know I saw a suggestion on their website, but it decided to go offline (W&L protesting SOPA? :o ).

ricky340

Postby ricky340 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:43 am

wvuchip wrote:
smhaaty wrote:Haven't heard back yet, but I was wondering... What airport do you fly into to get to Lexington???

Good question. I'd help, since I know I saw a suggestion on their website, but it decided to go offline (W&L protesting SOPA? :o ).

Roanoke

smhaaty

Postby smhaaty » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:30 am

ricky340 wrote:
wvuchip wrote:

Roanoke

Wow, that's an hour away.

wvu

Postby wvu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:50 am

smhaaty wrote:
ricky340 wrote:
wvuchip wrote:

Roanoke

Welcome to Lexington?

PrincetonLaw

Postby PrincetonLaw » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:20 pm

smhaaty wrote:
ricky340 wrote:
wvuchip wrote:

Roanoke

If I recall, W&L is going to be shuttling students from Roanoke to LexVegas if you provide them your flight info.

On a related note, flights from Austin are $411!!!!

freaknroll

Postby freaknroll » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:24 pm

If you don't mind flying out of Houston around 7am friday there are flights for as cheap as $280. I'm sure there are much cheaper deals out there for ATX as well if you are willing to leave early.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”