W&L c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Preferred ASW Weekend

February 17-18
35
35%
March 16-17
36
36%
March 30-31
30
30%
 
Total votes: 101

gpnm
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby gpnm » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:19 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Thank you!!! Congrats to you both on being accepted by the way. W&L is a great school!


Thanks :) W&L is definitely at the top of my list!

User avatar
April Ludgate
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby April Ludgate » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:47 pm

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, so I decided to finally post.

Just admitted to W&L on 1/12. It's looking like my top choice so far.

Good luck to those still waiting!

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:04 am

April Ludgate wrote:I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, so I decided to finally post.

Just admitted to W&L on 1/12. It's looking like my top choice so far.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Welcome to the party. Congrats on your admission.

skolks
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby skolks » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 am

ASW march 16-17! WOOOO spring break 2012!!

LKI716
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby LKI716 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Just got an email that I'm under review and that there will be a decision on Thursday, January 19th.


I received the same email, good luck!

User avatar
Flappy Scribbleneck
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby Flappy Scribbleneck » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Just registered for February ASW, leaving Mrs. Scribbleneck at home. What happens in Lexington stays in Lexington.

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby beezy08 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Flappy Scribbleneck wrote:Just registered for February ASW, leaving Mrs. Scribbleneck at home. What happens in Lexington stays in Lexington.


Buying plane tickets right now. Originally couldn't decide between Feb and March, but I finally made some moves.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:50 pm

anyone else nervous to move to lexington virginia? :( I'm scared I wont fit in

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby beezy08 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:52 pm

lakers3peat wrote:anyone else nervous to move to lexington virginia? :( I'm scared I wont fit in


What makes you feel like you won't fit in? I know Lexington is probably a slight culture shock for most, but it seems like the law school is very into having a diverse class. I guess ASW would be a good time to see if that's true.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Flappy Scribbleneck wrote:Just registered for February ASW, leaving Mrs. Scribbleneck at home. What happens in Lexington stays in Lexington.


Only a month away!

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Who has two thumbs and is going to be camping at the mailbox on Wednesday hoping for a scholarship letter?

this guy

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby chill » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

wvuchip wrote:Who has two thumbs and is going to be camping at the mailbox on Wednesday hoping for a scholarship letter?

this guy


How were they planning on mailing them out today? Federal holiday! Also, my part of the country is expecting a huge snowstorm this week... I'm hoping my mailman slogs through the snow bearing good news!

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:19 pm

chill wrote:
wvuchip wrote:Who has two thumbs and is going to be camping at the mailbox on Wednesday hoping for a scholarship letter?

this guy


How were they planning on mailing them out today? Federal holiday! Also, my part of the country is expecting a huge snowstorm this week... I'm hoping my mailman slogs through the snow bearing good news!

I'm reasonably close to Lexington so I'm hoping it gets up here by Wednesday mail time. Waiting until Thursday would suck (for no real reason).

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm

chill wrote:
wvuchip wrote:Who has two thumbs and is going to be camping at the mailbox on Wednesday hoping for a scholarship letter?

this guy


How were they planning on mailing them out today? Federal holiday! Also, my part of the country is expecting a huge snowstorm this week... I'm hoping my mailman slogs through the snow bearing good news!


I think maybe "putting them into the mail" might have meant they put them into the campus mail system today. Or they forgot about the holiday (sorry MLK!) Either way, I'd say they won't be mailed mailed until tomorrow. The sucky thing is that I live on campus and therefore also have to deal with OUR stinky campus mail that takes forever. I will probably get the money letter next year. Bureaucracy!

eta. "live on campus" = not at W&L

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby pret » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 pm

I received a fee waiver email from W&L. (Doesn't the school have a $0 fee to begin with?). My numbers are well below the school's medians which leads me to wonder why this school must play with my emotions!

User avatar
April Ludgate
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby April Ludgate » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:36 pm

lakers3peat wrote:anyone else nervous to move to lexington virginia? :( I'm scared I wont fit in


Yes. Lexington is very different from where I currently live.

User avatar
nshapkar
Posts: 2444
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby nshapkar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Anyone planning on the last open house in march? I want to check out Lexington ASAP but February is too soon and the second one I can't attend because radiohead is coming to town.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Got my letter and sticker today!! :D

skolks
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby skolks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:35 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:Got my letter and sticker today!! :D


Did it come with scholarship info? The wait to get that is excruciating (though they were "mailed" yesterday)

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Unfortunately, not yet. Not expecting anything until next week, realistically. Although I will admit that I'm worried - seems like at least a few people have gotten nothing already, and my numbers are comparatively pretty low.

ziegltic
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby ziegltic » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:Unfortunately, not yet. Not expecting anything until next week, realistically. Although I will admit that I'm worried - seems like at least a few people have gotten nothing already, and my numbers are comparatively pretty low.


Do you mind giving your numbers?

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 pm

We get stickers? :o

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:48 pm

I posted them with my admittance screaming and dancing, but I have a 161/3.68. I am a reapplicant so I don't know if that helped me at all.

And yes! They are blue and pretty and say W&L Law on them. They are winners. :D

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:I posted them with my admittance screaming and dancing, but I have a 161/3.68. I am a reapplicant so I don't know if that helped me at all.

And yes! They are blue and pretty and say W&L Law on them. They are winners. :D


I love stickers... when not just a term to describe the small fortune I would have to pay to attend a school. Leeeeeggoooo scholarship letter! (Disclaimer: Also not expecting much)

skolks
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby skolks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:54 pm

ashley12 wrote:
jaysgirl42671 wrote:I posted them with my admittance screaming and dancing, but I have a 161/3.68. I am a reapplicant so I don't know if that helped me at all.

And yes! They are blue and pretty and say W&L Law on them. They are winners. :D


I love stickers... when not just a term to describe the small fortune I would have to pay to attend a school. Leeeeeggoooo scholarship letter! (Disclaimer: Also not expecting much)


Am I the only one who is optimistic about scholarship? My low GPA with my mediocre LSAT I think warrants money! haha




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests