W&L c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Preferred ASW Weekend

February 17-18
35
35%
March 16-17
36
36%
March 30-31
30
30%
 
Total votes: 101

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:49 pm

How big of offers is W&L compared to W&M when it comes to scholarship offers?

I view those 2 schools as basically = and probably will prefer the one that is cheaper (which is looking like it'll be W&M based on the 41 k tuition of w&L)

wl1l
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wl1l » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:10 am

beezy08 wrote:
auburnbelle89 wrote:Is there anyone from the 11/10 acceptance group who still hasn't gotten their letter in the mail? Although from previous posts, it doesn't seem to be all that important. I'm just concerned I will miss more important mailings (i.e. $) in the future. On that note, I just checked my status checker and it mentioned a WLSO mailing last Friday. Could that stand for W&L scholarship office? It said it was a letter, not an email.


Mine says that too. I hope that it is $$ info. Now I can't wait to check my mailbox when I get back to my apt!


Heads up: WLSO stands for Women Law Students Organization, unfortunately (unfortunate in that it isn't scholarship news... WLSO is actually a really active student org that throws GREAT events/cocktail parties).

Edit: merit scholarships don't roll out til mid-Jan, so you can stop compulsively refreshing your status checker and enjoy your holidays!

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:32 am

wl1l wrote:
beezy08 wrote:
auburnbelle89 wrote:Is there anyone from the 11/10 acceptance group who still hasn't gotten their letter in the mail? Although from previous posts, it doesn't seem to be all that important. I'm just concerned I will miss more important mailings (i.e. $) in the future. On that note, I just checked my status checker and it mentioned a WLSO mailing last Friday. Could that stand for W&L scholarship office? It said it was a letter, not an email.


Mine says that too. I hope that it is $$ info. Now I can't wait to check my mailbox when I get back to my apt!


Heads up: WLSO stands for Women Law Students Organization, unfortunately (unfortunate in that it isn't scholarship news... WLSO is actually a really active student org that throws GREAT events/cocktail parties).

Edit: merit scholarships don't roll out til mid-Jan, so you can stop compulsively refreshing your status checker and enjoy your holidays!

Historically, we have made our first round of awards in mid-January. However, this year, we anticipate making our first awards before January, and we will be in touch by email once we have more definitive information regarding this timeline

From the acceptance e-mail ^. Knowing W&L admission process this year they'll tell us the exact date we will know before, then on that day they'll tell us the exact time we'll know by lol

wl1l
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wl1l » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:43 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
wl1l wrote:
beezy08 wrote:
auburnbelle89 wrote:Is there anyone from the 11/10 acceptance group who still hasn't gotten their letter in the mail? Although from previous posts, it doesn't seem to be all that important. I'm just concerned I will miss more important mailings (i.e. $) in the future. On that note, I just checked my status checker and it mentioned a WLSO mailing last Friday. Could that stand for W&L scholarship office? It said it was a letter, not an email.


Mine says that too. I hope that it is $$ info. Now I can't wait to check my mailbox when I get back to my apt!


Heads up: WLSO stands for Women Law Students Organization, unfortunately (unfortunate in that it isn't scholarship news... WLSO is actually a really active student org that throws GREAT events/cocktail parties).

Edit: merit scholarships don't roll out til mid-Jan, so you can stop compulsively refreshing your status checker and enjoy your holidays!

Historically, we have made our first round of awards in mid-January. However, this year, we anticipate making our first awards before January, and we will be in touch by email once we have more definitive information regarding this timeline

From the acceptance e-mail ^. Knowing W&L admission process this year they'll tell us the exact date we will know before, then on that day they'll tell us the exact time we'll know by lol


Ahh, gotcha. Last year was mid-Jan. Obviously I didn't get an acceptance e-mail this year so I was unaware of the change. And yes, Brett Twitty is incredibly on top of his shit, so I'm sure you will know the time, date, hour, and minute of that announcement when the time comes! Good luck!

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby 20130312 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:41 am

Just went complete today!

ETA: And under review as of 3PM :shock: Loving this damn school already. Decision to come by December 9th according to Twitty email!
Last edited by 20130312 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tivo152
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby tivo152 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:52 am

Accepted! 3.86/164. I'm rather impressed with how W&L handles their admissions... they bend over backwards to make the process as painless as possible. And they sent me a nice W&L auto decal.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby 20130312 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:54 am

tivo152 wrote:Accepted! 3.86/164. I'm rather impressed with how W&L handles their admissions... they bend over backwards to make the process as painless as possible. And they sent me a nice W&L auto decal.


Congrats tivo! W&L has been the best with this admissions process so far in terms of keeping us updated (Rutgers has easily been the worst...)

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:05 pm

For those that got the "Decision by December 2nd email"; I just received an email stating they having revised the time and we will be receiving decisions December 1st, Thursday afternoon!! They will send another email Thursday with an exact time.

Good luck to everyone!

User avatar
BKCentral
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby BKCentral » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:07 pm

It has literally been day and night from being spoiled by W&L admissions to waiting to hear back from my 11 other schools. Frustrating.

User avatar
rich_4
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby rich_4 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:57 pm

BKCentral wrote:It has literally been day and night from being spoiled by W&L admissions to waiting to hear back from my 11 other schools. Frustrating.


this. except I'm waiting on 15 others. gahhh :roll:

User avatar
EMH99
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby EMH99 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Applied over Thanksgiving & supposed to hear by Dec. 9th! Can't wait to hear back!

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby hookem7 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:51 pm

^ Same here, good luck man. Literally received 5 emails from them today, really on top of their stuff at W&L

User avatar
tryingtowin
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:28 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby tryingtowin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:16 am

InGoodFaith wrote:Just went complete today!

ETA: And under review as of 3PM :shock: Loving this damn school already. Decision to come by December 9th according to Twitty email!


+1

sums
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby sums » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:40 pm

In as well as of 11/18! :P

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby charliep » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

hoping for a decision tomorrow. after i get my first acceptance, i can at least breathe a tempered sigh of partial relief

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby PrincetonLaw » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:13 am

let's see how many times i can push F5 in one day

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Good luck to everyone today!

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:07 pm

no real reason to f5 like crazy, they'll send you an e-mail telling you the exact time a decision will come.

Good luck to all

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby beezy08 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 pm

I got a packet in the mail from them today and I was like "OMG MONEY" but then it was letters from some administrators and a professor. Of course Brett Twitty will email us when the $$ comes out so I don't know why I got so hopeful lol

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Just got the email... Decisions no later than 12:30pm EST.

Here's to lots of refreshing and lots of acceptances :-D

User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby PurplePirate » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Admitted!

advocate1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby advocate1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm

PurplePirate wrote:Admitted!



+1

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby Worker and Parasite » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:02 pm

advocate1 wrote:
PurplePirate wrote:Admitted!



+1

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby PrincetonLaw » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 pm

what they said

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Admitted as well! GO TLS!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”