W&L c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Preferred ASW Weekend

February 17-18
35
35%
March 16-17
36
36%
March 30-31
30
30%
 
Total votes: 101

TheNav
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby TheNav » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Admitted today. Looking forward to adding to the ranks of Double Generals. :)

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby seancris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:56 am

TheNav wrote:Admitted today. Looking forward to adding to the ranks of Double Generals. :)


Congrats!

And GL to everyone at ASW! Let us know how it went.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Any tlsers meeting up for drinks tonight?

SPE155
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby SPE155 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:39 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:Any tlsers meeting up for drinks tonight?

@ macados right now.

wskbarrett
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wskbarrett » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:30 am

shaboom
Last edited by wskbarrett on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby seancris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:34 am

Arabic? That's really strange. Sarcasm meter broken.

For those in Lexington, how are you enjoying it?
Last edited by seancris on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
anjmissy
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby anjmissy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:22 am

wskbarrett wrote:I just got a postcard from Brett Twitty. I can't read it, and I'm not sure, but I think half of the words are written in Arabic. Anybody else have this issue?


This was discussef earlier...this is indeed how he writes..i went to w&l for a private tour and someone told me that he tries really hard to improve it with no luck

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby seancris » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am

So how was ASW?

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:00 pm

ASW was awesome. I left Wake's on Friday really impressed and thinking W&L would really have to impress me, then I left W&L on Saturday and sent in my deposit. :lol:

Hope to see some of you all in August!

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby seancris » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:04 pm

wvuchip wrote:ASW was awesome. I left Wake's on Friday really impressed and thinking W&L would really have to impress me, then I left W&L on Saturday and sent in my deposit. :lol:


That's pretty impressive. What stood out to you about W&L that made you send in the seat deposit?

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Partly personal, where I want to work more in the DC/MD/VA/WV area. The professors and students were all extremely nice and open, the town is really nice and serene (I personally prefer more of a small-town vibe vs big city). The Honor Code is big to me. The facilities were nice, and I was really taken with their "experiential" 3L program and the opportunities afforded by it (even though I probably won't get to study abroad, sadface).

I dunno. It just felt like the right fit for me. I'd been thinking that for a while but wanted to hold off until I visited. When I got there I realized I was right. :)

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:12 pm

seancris wrote:So how was ASW?


It was amazing...the campus is gorgeous...the law school building not so much as everything else just becasue it was built in a different era but the layout of the buliding has a very homey calm feel to it instead of just a building....I loved the whole honor code deal...the town is small but that is made up for because everyone knows everyone and its like a family environment...I must have met 40 current students at Macs and they were all real cool laid back but still know when and how to take care of business....the third year program sounded great and really innovative...as far as job prospects go I didnt meet one 2l or 3l that didnt have a job lined up...( some biglaw..some gov. some elsewhere)...and only heard great things about how strong the alumni network is and how they really want you to succeed....and i am still waiting for a current student to tell me one bad thing about the school besideds small town....I say all this but I still havent made my mind 100 percent yet but thats mainly because i like to overanalyze and reanalyze every detail about this kind of thing but this weekend put W&L at the top of my list right now

edit: oh I forgot one ...Twitty is the man

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby T00L » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:30 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:edit: oh I forgot one ...Twitty is the man


That is what makes me sad to withdraw. Doing so today. I couldn't handle Lex-vegas. Found equally nice people in a bigger setting.

Best wishes to everyone... especially those of you I saw at Feb ASW.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:42 pm

T00L wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:edit: oh I forgot one ...Twitty is the man


That is what makes me sad to withdraw. Doing so today. I couldn't handle Lex-vegas. Found equally nice people in a bigger setting.

Best wishes to everyone... especially those of you I saw at Feb ASW.


Definately understand..thats one of my biggest struggles on whether or not I could truly handle it or not....best of luck to you

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby seancris » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:as far as job prospects go I didnt meet one 2l or 3l that didnt have a job lined up...( some biglaw..some gov. some elsewhere)


How does that match up with W&L's placement data?

Something like 50% (IE 60 total) grads have FT JD work at graduation.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:12 pm

seancris wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:as far as job prospects go I didnt meet one 2l or 3l that didnt have a job lined up...( some biglaw..some gov. some elsewhere)


How does that match up with W&L's placement data?

Something like 50% (IE 60 total) grads have FT JD work at graduation.


let me put that in better context when I say I didn't meet one...I should have said that of the about 20 current students give or take a few all of them had jobs lined up

NJDevilsfan
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby NJDevilsfan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:43 pm

I loved everything about the school (was only able to come on Saturday). I am about 90% sure I will be attending. Just one more school to visit and it will be decision time.

tallgaloot
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby tallgaloot » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 pm

seancris wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:as far as job prospects go I didnt meet one 2l or 3l that didnt have a job lined up...( some biglaw..some gov. some elsewhere)


How does that match up with W&L's placement data?

Something like 50% (IE 60 total) grads have FT JD work at graduation.

I think your number might be a little off. According to W&L data:
59 permanently employed
51 Employed- Post Grad. Fellows
5 Seeking advanced degree
= 115 employed or seeking higher degrees (93.5%)

Only 8 unemployed (6.51%)

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby seancris » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 pm

tallgaloot wrote:
seancris wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:as far as job prospects go I didnt meet one 2l or 3l that didnt have a job lined up...( some biglaw..some gov. some elsewhere)


How does that match up with W&L's placement data?

Something like 50% (IE 60 total) grads have FT JD work at graduation.

I think your number might be a little off. According to W&L data:
59 permanently employed
51 Employed- Post Grad. Fellows
5 Seeking advanced degree
= 115 employed or seeking higher degrees (93.5%)

Only 8 unemployed (6.51%)


59 found non-university funded work (not post-grad fellows, not seeking another degree), so those were the 60 I was referring to.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm VERY glad I went to ASW as well... prior to last weekend I was 90% sure I'd be attending W&L, and now I'm fairly sure I'll withdraw. After visiting William & Mary and GW, I was shocked at how poor all of the professors were at W&L. The mock torts class was very unimpressive, as was the school itself. It's very tough to consider a school where the professors were well below expectations, the campus was very dull (Law campus, not undergrad), and the town is TINY and nowhere near civilization.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Nammertat wrote:I'm VERY glad I went to ASW as well... prior to last weekend I was 90% sure I'd be attending W&L, and now I'm fairly sure I'll withdraw. After visiting William & Mary and GW, I was shocked at how poor all of the professors were at W&L. The mock torts class was very unimpressive, as was the school itself. It's very tough to consider a school where the professors were well below expectations, the campus was very dull (Law campus, not undergrad), and the town is TINY and nowhere near civilization.


The building may not be awe-inspiring, but every interaction I had with the professors showed how engaging/friendly/intelligent they are, so I'm not sure who you interacted with.

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 pm

:roll:

That was absolutely not my experience at all.

game6
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby game6 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:43 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:I'm VERY glad I went to ASW as well... prior to last weekend I was 90% sure I'd be attending W&L, and now I'm fairly sure I'll withdraw. After visiting William & Mary and GW, I was shocked at how poor all of the professors were at W&L. The mock torts class was very unimpressive, as was the school itself. It's very tough to consider a school where the professors were well below expectations, the campus was very dull (Law campus, not undergrad), and the town is TINY and nowhere near civilization.


The building may not be awe-inspiring, but every interaction I had with the professors showed how engaging/friendly/intelligent they are, so I'm not sure who you interacted with.


You sure we're talking about the same W&L?

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:45 pm

game6 wrote:
jaysgirl42671 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:I'm VERY glad I went to ASW as well... prior to last weekend I was 90% sure I'd be attending W&L, and now I'm fairly sure I'll withdraw. After visiting William & Mary and GW, I was shocked at how poor all of the professors were at W&L. The mock torts class was very unimpressive, as was the school itself. It's very tough to consider a school where the professors were well below expectations, the campus was very dull (Law campus, not undergrad), and the town is TINY and nowhere near civilization.


The building may not be awe-inspiring, but every interaction I had with the professors showed how engaging/friendly/intelligent they are, so I'm not sure who you interacted with.


You sure we're talking about the same W&L?


I think I was just spoiled @ the other places I visited, but was definitely left with a bad taste for W&L.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Aww, I totally got defensive over my school!! :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], guybourdin, Lmorina126, thg1870, xnsch, yuppitsme and 17 guests