W&L c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Preferred ASW Weekend

February 17-18
35%
March 16-17
36%
March 30-31
30%

Total votes: 101

LKI716

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby LKI716 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:13 am

wvuchip wrote:That's pretty awesome. I'm even more giddy to visit and officially say I'll be attending now. :lol:

Second this!

chw123

Postby chw123 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm

I got an e-mail saying exactly what day and even time my admissions decision would post (Thursday,March 29th). I'm a little late in the cyle (late LSAT), but did this happen to everyone else? I find it really helpful but still kinda odd.

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm

chw123 wrote:I got an e-mail saying exactly what day and even time my admissions decision would post (Thursday,March 29th). I'm a little late in the cyle (late LSAT), but did this happen to everyone else? I find it really helpful but still kinda odd.

Yesh. To everyone.

chw123

Postby chw123 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

BKCentral wrote:
chw123 wrote:I got an e-mail saying exactly what day and even time my admissions decision would post (Thursday,March 29th). I'm a little late in the cyle (late LSAT), but did this happen to everyone else? I find it really helpful but still kinda odd.

Yesh. To everyone.

Another fine example of W&L/Brett's helpful and personal touches. :)

skolks

Postby skolks » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Withdrew my application. Was a sad moment, filling out the withdrawal survey. Was a tough choice for me, but Lexington vs. Atlanta was the main thing for me. Good luck to everyone, and hope someone gets my moneys!

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm

skolks wrote:Withdrew my application. Was a sad moment, filling out the withdrawal survey. Was a tough choice for me, but Lexington vs. Atlanta was the main thing for me. Good luck to everyone, and hope someone gets my moneys!

Where'd you accept? I got same $$ as you at W&L and Emory, and some $$ at UGA as well. I'm really struggling between W&L and UGA right now.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:53 pm

did anyone that applied for travel reimbursements for the first asw not go to the coffee thing of firday night

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:did anyone that applied for travel reimbursements for the first asw not go to the coffee thing of firday night

I did. I drove and didn't get into Lexington until about 9 PM that night. I actually just received my reimbursement check yesterday.

skolks

Postby skolks » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:09 pm

BKCentral wrote:
skolks wrote:Withdrew my application. Was a sad moment, filling out the withdrawal survey. Was a tough choice for me, but Lexington vs. Atlanta was the main thing for me. Good luck to everyone, and hope someone gets my moneys!

Where'd you accept? I got same $$ as you at W&L and Emory, and some $$ at UGA as well. I'm really struggling between W&L and UGA right now.

I decided on Emory. The difference in money between UGA and Emory is fine for me to keep my options open to working somewhere that isn't JUST in Georgia. That said, I do love living in Atlanta, and part of me just felt that Emory fit, and UGA just didn't. I guess that's my Georgia Tech bias

barbaraeliz

Postby barbaraeliz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 pm

edit for double post.
Last edited by barbaraeliz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barbaraeliz

Postby barbaraeliz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 pm

LKI716 wrote:
wvuchip wrote:That's pretty awesome. I'm even more giddy to visit and officially say I'll be attending now. :lol:

Second this!

Holy moly another PR major. :shock: I thought I was alone on TLS.

I will be withdrawing this week, unless someone can justify W&L at sticker. Was really hoping for some kind of scholarship, but got the scholly ding letter shortly after acceptence.

KayKay8709

Postby KayKay8709 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:10 pm

I will be withdrawing this week, unless someone can justify W&L at sticker. Was really hoping for some kind of scholarship, but got the scholly ding letter shortly after acceptence.

ditto. It hurts to have to cross them off (everyone's been SO nice and helpful) but I can't really justify being in the middle of nowhere (far away from internship opportunities) AND paying sticker, especially when I have $$ at similiarly ranked schools. Good luck to those on the W/L.

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:29 pm

barbaraeliz wrote:
LKI716 wrote:

Second this!

Holy moly another PR major. :shock: I thought I was alone on TLS.

Unless you have a job lined up w/ family/connections, nowhere save HYS is worth sticker. Smarter to go with another school that will leave you with less crippling debt. Good luck in your legal pursuits!

srrrrh

Postby srrrrh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:05 pm

same here. i wish w&l was located basically anywhere else besides the middle of nowhere, virginia. it's funny coz i applied with no real interest in w&l but it was the only school i really had second thoughts about withdrawing from so far

Yummybread

Postby Yummybread » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:29 am

Can someone who have already attended one of the Open Houses or visited W&L tell us if the town is walkable? I'm flying in early Friday on the 30th so I'm wondering if I can look around the town without driving/taking a cab. Any advice will be much appreciated!! :D

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 am

Yummybread wrote:Can someone who have already attended one of the Open Houses or visited W&L tell us if the town is walkable? I'm flying in early Friday on the 30th so I'm wondering if I can look around the town without driving/taking a cab. Any advice will be much appreciated!! :D

Town is definitely walkable (and their are no cabs in Lexington IIRC). I was easily able to walk downtown from the Col Alto hotel and check everything out. The school itself is a bit further, but I made that walk multiple times as well.

jaysgirl42671

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:51 am

I know they suggest something dressier for Saturday dinner, but I don't really know what to make of that. I have a blue floral sundress that I was planning on bringing but I don't know if that would be too casual? What did most people wear??

aeiouy

Postby aeiouy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:03 pm

To piggyback the question before me, what about the coffee reception on Friday night?

crouton62

Postby crouton62 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:11 pm

they suggested casual dress in something I read on-line. They mentioned that most kids wear "jeans and sweater," whatever that actually means. I went to W&L UG and can say that kids there tend to dress up. On that note, if anyone has any Lex/W&L related quetions, I'd be glad to take them.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:19 pm

skolks wrote:
BKCentral wrote:

I decided on Emory. The difference in money between UGA and Emory is fine for me to keep my options open to working somewhere that isn't JUST in Georgia. That said, I do love living in Atlanta, and part of me just felt that Emory fit, and UGA just didn't. I guess that's my Georgia Tech bias

I'm actually having the same difficulty deciding, but am leaning towards UGA myself. That in-state tuition is so nice, and though I don't really want to say no to W&L, I do want to end up in Atlanta. I think that UGA (or Emory) is the safer choice for job prospects, but it's still a tough one.

aeiouy

Postby aeiouy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Anyone else getting there in the early afternoon on Friday to go see what the town is like and possibly stuff their face with delicious food?

jaysgirl42671

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

aeiouy wrote:Anyone else getting there in the early afternoon on Friday to go see what the town is like and possibly stuff their face with delicious food?

Me!! I'm actually flying out of St Pete, Fl. at the crack of dawn tomorrow but will be staying in Roanoke to see family. I'm leaning towards the Blue Sky for lunch and the Bistro on Main (which I adore) for dinner. :lol: No, who, me? I never eat.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Visiting the 6th of April! :) even though I am on the waitlist this school is worth a visit.

Comoncents

Postby Comoncents » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:48 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:
aeiouy wrote:Anyone else getting there in the early afternoon on Friday to go see what the town is like and possibly stuff their face with delicious food?

Me!! I'm actually flying out of St Pete, Fl. at the crack of dawn tomorrow but will be staying in Roanoke to see family. I'm leaning towards the Blue Sky for lunch and the Bistro on Main (which I adore) for dinner. :lol: No, who, me? I never eat.

Carlos brazilian is the best in Roanoke.
Blue Apron is the best in Salem.

skolks

Postby skolks » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:50 pm

gregfootball2001 wrote:
skolks wrote:
BKCentral wrote:

I'm actually having the same difficulty deciding, but am leaning towards UGA myself. That in-state tuition is so nice, and though I don't really want to say no to W&L, I do want to end up in Atlanta. I think that UGA (or Emory) is the safer choice for job prospects, but it's still a tough one.

Yeah, I'm aware I'm not making the smart ECONOMIC decision, but I paid 0 dollars for tuition undergrad. Emory just felt right for me when I visited, and I can't say anything more than that. Sometimes you just know. Like when I met my girlfriend (why would I say that, knowing she would never read this forum? I must be pretty whipped)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”