W&L c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Preferred ASW Weekend

February 17-18
35
35%
March 16-17
36
36%
March 30-31
30
30%
 
Total votes: 101

adc1222
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby adc1222 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:54 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
adc1222 wrote:Waitlisted 3.4/169...not going to go on the waitlist.

So they WL'd 3.4/169 and 3.7/164...they want 3.9/4.0 kids or something?


Did you kill someone???


Reckless Driving...in 2007? I'm from VA, too (it's a private but I did express interest in practicing in VA in the future). My actual UGPA was 3.34 but at a top-5 school in the country (proof that that doesn't really help much at some schools)...my school doesn't bump for A+s so my LSDAS was a 3.4.

BTW, did you apply to FSU? Apparently I have to send in an official document about my RD ahaha. Only school I've seen require that.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby noleknight16 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 pm

adc1222 wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
adc1222 wrote:Waitlisted 3.4/169...not going to go on the waitlist.

So they WL'd 3.4/169 and 3.7/164...they want 3.9/4.0 kids or something?


Did you kill someone???


Reckless Driving...in 2007? I'm from VA, too (it's a private but I did express interest in practicing in VA in the future). My actual UGPA was 3.34 but at a top-5 school in the country (proof that that doesn't really help much at some schools)...my school doesn't bump for A+s so my LSDAS was a 3.4.

BTW, did you apply to FSU? Apparently I have to send in an official document about my RD ahaha. Only school I've seen require that.


Sounds like they're getting too many deposits and having to waitlist people. Dammit. Not good for me sitting on the waitlist with low numbers.

Yeah, I applied to FSU but I didn't have to report C&F to them so I have no idea. I haven't heard a peep from them yet, which is starting to worry me.

adc1222
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby adc1222 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:01 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
adc1222 wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
adc1222 wrote:Waitlisted 3.4/169...not going to go on the waitlist.

So they WL'd 3.4/169 and 3.7/164...they want 3.9/4.0 kids or something?


Did you kill someone???


Reckless Driving...in 2007? I'm from VA, too (it's a private but I did express interest in practicing in VA in the future). My actual UGPA was 3.34 but at a top-5 school in the country (proof that that doesn't really help much at some schools)...my school doesn't bump for A+s so my LSDAS was a 3.4.

BTW, did you apply to FSU? Apparently I have to send in an official document about my RD ahaha. Only school I've seen require that.


Sounds like they're getting too many deposits and having to waitlist people. Dammit. Not good for me sitting on the waitlist with low numbers.

Yeah, I applied to FSU but I didn't have to report C&F to them so I have no idea. I haven't heard a peep from them yet, which is starting to worry me.


Good luck man! It's such a small class and a "different" type of school that I think the numbers don't matter as much as other schools. Especially if you did the app well...I bet they love a good "ethics" essay given the ethos of the school.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby noleknight16 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it. Best of luck to you as well!

adc1222
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby adc1222 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Lexington is an absolutely gorgeous and charming town, by the way, for those who haven't visited. (very quaint if you like that sort of environment...I do). Small town in VA and shares the town with VMI.

Being from VA, UVa and W&L lawyers run the state...it's a very good option for those wishing to stay in the area.

whoevencares
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby whoevencares » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:35 pm

.
Last edited by whoevencares on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aeiouy
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:07 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby aeiouy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Just registered for the March 16-17 ASW! I'm excited!

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby kroakstool » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:49 pm

aeiouy wrote:Just registered for the March 16-17 ASW! I'm excited!

Same here and I'm bringing my fiancee. Stoked to get up to Lexington

wl1l
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby wl1l » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:10 pm

For those who have high numbers and are perplexed by their WL...

W&L might be yield protecting, since application numbers are way down this year. This means they actually WL people with higher numbers because they think they might go T14 or something. So, if you have numbers at or above both medians and are genuinely interested in W&L, give Twitty a call and let him know W&L is your first choice. This late in the cycle they are probably wary of giving acceptances to people they think might not show up in August. Just a thought!

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby noleknight16 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 pm

wl1l wrote:For those who have high numbers and are perplexed by their WL...

W&L might be yield protecting, since application numbers are way down this year. This means they actually WL people with higher numbers because they think they might go T14 or something. So, if you have numbers at or above both medians and are genuinely interested in W&L, give Twitty a call and let him know W&L is your first choice. This late in the cycle they are probably wary of giving acceptances to people they think might not show up in August. Just a thought!


This explanation sounds good to me. I was worried they had too many deposits in.

adc1222
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby adc1222 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:02 pm

wl1l wrote:For those who have high numbers and are perplexed by their WL...

W&L might be yield protecting, since application numbers are way down this year. This means they actually WL people with higher numbers because they think they might go T14 or something. So, if you have numbers at or above both medians and are genuinely interested in W&L, give Twitty a call and let him know W&L is your first choice. This late in the cycle they are probably wary of giving acceptances to people they think might not show up in August. Just a thought!


you'd be a great shrink if law doesn't work out haha.

User avatar
anjmissy
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby anjmissy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Just opened a packet that contains letters from 6 professors, discussing things like the small section, clinics, and practicums

Also, did anyone who attended the asw get a hand written letter from brett?..omg his handwriting is awful, I couldn't even comprehend half of it..lol

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:52 pm

anjmissy wrote:Just opened a packet that contains letters from 6 professors, discussing things like the small section, clinics, and practicums

Also, did anyone who attended the asw get a hand written letter from brett?..omg his handwriting is awful, I couldn't even comprehend half of it..lol

His handwriting looks like hieroglyphics.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby vissidarte27 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Just wrote to withdraw, with much heaviness in my heart. I wish I could attend, but it just isn't feasible (why can't Lexington be transplanted to somewhere with an actual job market for SOs???).

User avatar
anjmissy
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby anjmissy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:23 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:Just wrote to withdraw, with much heaviness in my heart. I wish I could attend, but it just isn't feasible (why can't Lexington be transplanted to somewhere with an actual job market for SOs???).


Aww that sucks...so I'm guessing you've decided emory?

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby vissidarte27 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 pm

anjmissy wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:Just wrote to withdraw, with much heaviness in my heart. I wish I could attend, but it just isn't feasible (why can't Lexington be transplanted to somewhere with an actual job market for SOs???).


Aww that sucks...so I'm guessing you've decided emory?


Yeah. Looks like it'll be best for both of us. I'll be at a good school with a decent scholarship and a decent LRAP and she'll be in a good location where she'll be able to get a job, make friends, etc.

I would've loved W&L and, were I single or in a non-lifetime relationship, I probably would've jumped on that train months ago, but that's not the case. Relationships and compromise and all that.

dmak118
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby dmak118 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:28 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about W&L's LRAP program? I've been trying to research, but I haven't come across anything.

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby beezy08 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 am

hadisious wrote:
anjmissy wrote:Just opened a packet that contains letters from 6 professors, discussing things like the small section, clinics, and practicums

Also, did anyone who attended the asw get a hand written letter from brett?..omg his handwriting is awful, I couldn't even comprehend half of it..lol

His handwriting looks like hieroglyphics.


I remember a student at ASW giving my group funny stories about Brett Twitty's days in law school and one of them was that he had to translate his tests to professors because his handwriting was so bad lol. No idea if it's true but definitely sounds likely haha

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:18 pm

.
Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
anjmissy
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby anjmissy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Just left w&l for the second time, since I didn't let my fam attend for asw I took them today and Lisa from admissions showed us around, it was great..I met with a realtor, emily reel, who showed us a really nice 2 bedroom apt right above a shop in town..the 3L is currently using the 2nd one as a study, which I will do to, booked the apartment and when I get home I'll be depositing =)

mrjohnsterman
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby mrjohnsterman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Withdrawing this weekend. I hope that one of you on the WL gets my spot.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 pm

At the Hampton Inn next weekend! Would love to be in one of the manor rooms, but I doubt I will be ...

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby kroakstool » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:13 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:At the Hampton Inn next weekend! Would love to be in one of the manor rooms, but I doubt I will be ...


I'm in the holiday inn express

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby noleknight16 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Trying to find a weekend to come up to Lexington. On the waitlist, but I'd rather see them in person than phone interview.

User avatar
aeiouy
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:07 am

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Postby aeiouy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:58 pm

kroakstool wrote:
jaysgirl42671 wrote:At the Hampton Inn next weekend! Would love to be in one of the manor rooms, but I doubt I will be ...


I'm in the holiday inn express


Me too. I'll probably get there early on Friday to tour apartments before checking in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewan0707 and 6 guests