W&L c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Preferred ASW Weekend

February 17-18
35%
March 16-17
36%
March 30-31
30%

Total votes: 101

ashley12

Bronze

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Post by ashley12 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:27 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
ashley12 wrote:Looks like next Thursday will be the day for those of us still waiting. Same day the last other three I'm waiting on gave me. F5 prepare
They send you an e-mail on the exact day they will inform you your decision ... on that day they will then send you the time they will release decisions

No real reason for F5
Except for the fact that I will be waiting for three other decisions on the same day at unspecified times.

DonnaDraper

Bronze

Post by DonnaDraper » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Just filled out a Withdrawal survey for Washington and Lee and complimented their admissions process. They had the best system!

PrincetonLaw

Bronze

Post by PrincetonLaw » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Flappy Scribbleneck wrote:
hookem7 wrote:Just got to check my mailbox in Austin, 40k w/ the 3.25 stip. If you're going to the Feb. ASW, I'll be the guy wearing cowboy boots
There will probably be two of us wearing cowboy boots. You will probably be the good looking one, though.
There's a fair chance there will be 3 of us

Flappy Scribbleneck

Bronze

Post by Flappy Scribbleneck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:48 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:
hookem7 wrote:Just got to check my mailbox in Austin, 40k w/ the 3.25 stip. If you're going to the Feb. ASW, I'll be the guy wearing cowboy boots
There will probably be two of us wearing cowboy boots. You will probably be the good looking one, though.
Texas Mafia? or just Boot Mafia?

PrincetonLaw

Bronze

Post by PrincetonLaw » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:50 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:
TX

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PrincetonLaw

Bronze

Post by PrincetonLaw » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:50 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:
PrincetonLaw wrote:
Flappy Scribbleneck wrote: There will probably be two of us wearing cowboy boots. You will probably be the good looking one, though.
TX
Well both really

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:52 pm

I hope I'm not coming across as being insulting, but I've lived in the North my whole life and kind of thought the cowboy boot thing was just a stereotype / not actually a reality... I guess I was wrong lol

Flappy Scribbleneck

Bronze

Post by Flappy Scribbleneck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I hope I'm not coming across as being insulting, but I've lived in the North my whole life and kind of thought the cowboy boot thing was just a stereotype / not actually a reality... I guess I was wrong lol
It is for real. I am going to drive my heard of longhorn to Lexington for ASW. I hope there is a stable for my horse, Lyndon. I am bringing complimentary Stetsons for everyone so I need your hat size. We can discuss football and oil over a t-bone and some iced tea. I'm getting so gall durn excited fur ASW, ya'll.(shooting my six shooters in the sure right now) YEE-HAW!

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:14 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I hope I'm not coming across as being insulting, but I've lived in the North my whole life and kind of thought the cowboy boot thing was just a stereotype / not actually a reality... I guess I was wrong lol
It is for real. I am going to drive my heard of longhorn to Lexington for ASW. I hope there is a stable for my horse, Lyndon. I am bringing complimentary Stetsons for everyone so I need your hat size. We can discuss football and oil over a t-bone and some iced tea. I'm getting so gall durn excited fur ASW, ya'll.(shooting my six shooters in the sure right now) YEE-HAW!

Hahaha I'm gonna look for you at ASW. I'll obviously be wearing my Liverpool jersey, make a solid impression on the professors.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:19 pm

lololol, considering I didn't even think cowboy boots were that popular down South that's obviously not how I stereotyped.. but I admit funny post

Flappy Scribbleneck

Bronze

Post by Flappy Scribbleneck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:27 pm

nshapkar wrote:

Hahaha I'm gonna look for you at ASW. I'll obviously be wearing my Liverpool jersey, make a solid impression on the professors.
Totenham fan here, I should apologize on behalf of the city of Dallas for Tom Hicks. He did the same thing to the Rangers and Stars, but we ran him off.

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:34 pm

nshapkar wrote:

Totenham fan here, I should apologize on behalf of the city of Dallas for Tom Hicks. He did the same thing to the Rangers and Stars, but we ran him off.

Yeah man, those were very dark days for us. My favorite thing was when he tried to get an injunction from a US court to block a UK ruling on the sale of the club. Pretty happy with the new owners though, they seem to put their money where their mouth is.

Which ASW are you thinking of attending?

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 pm

*runs out to purchase cowboy boots*

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Flappy Scribbleneck

Bronze

Post by Flappy Scribbleneck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 pm

justonemoregame wrote:*runs out to purchase cowboy boots*
Texan?

Flappy Scribbleneck

Bronze

Post by Flappy Scribbleneck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 pm

nshapkar wrote:Which ASW are you thinking of attending?
February is what we've batted around. This topic seems tailor made for a poll. Should we add a poll and see if we can get a TLS-ASW set up?

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 pm

February is what we've batted around. This topic seems tailor made for a poll. Should we add a poll and see if we can get a TLS-ASW set up?
This would be relevant to my interests.

hadisious

Bronze

Post by hadisious » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:
This would be relevant to my interests.
February ASW is when I plan to visit as well. Would be great to meet other TLSers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jaysgirl42671

Bronze

Post by jaysgirl42671 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I felt silly adding a poll since I'm still waiting, but hopefully that doesn't end up biting me in the end.

anjmissy

Bronze

Post by anjmissy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

For those of you who have decided on w&l but still look for ways to justify your decision like me check this site out. --LinkRemoved--

Btw idk if these stats have been posted, sorry if has

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I think I'll go to the March 16-17 ASW. I'd go in Feb, but mother in law might be visiting, so...

Flappy Scribbleneck

Bronze

Post by Flappy Scribbleneck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:50 pm

So, great, inconclusive poll

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

freaknroll

Bronze

Post by freaknroll » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Another texan here. I'll be at the Feb. ASW, also sporting the cowboy boots. Does anyone know which hotel we shack up at in Lexington?

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:32 pm

anjmissy wrote:For those of you who have decided on w&l but still look for ways to justify your decision like me check this site out. --LinkRemoved--

Wow, that's awesome.

On a different note, I'm trying to decide between finding a roommate and getting a one bedroom. What are you guys thinking? Also, ill be at the second ASW, and will think of something distinctive to wear lol...

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:50 pm

anjmissy wrote:For those of you who have decided on w&l but still look for ways to justify your decision like me check this site out. --LinkRemoved--

That's pretty damn impressive. I am not obsessed with rankings and all, but this kind of sparked my interest. Bar passage plays part in them right? Coupled with the new "innovative" third year curriculum, on which the jury is still kind of out on, could we see a nice jump in this year's rankings?

anjmissy

Bronze

Post by anjmissy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 pm

nshapkar wrote:

That's pretty damn impressive. I am not obsessed with rankings and all, but this kind of sparked my interest. Bar passage plays part in them right? Coupled with the new "innovative" third year curriculum, on which the jury is still kind of out on, could we see a nice jump in this year's rankings?
yeah im hoping that next year ratings the school will be up a bit more, hopefully. Also when schools report bar passage rate im assuming they are considering all bars, va cali dc ny, and so on..but since i have plans on staying in va and probably waiving into dc's bar, these stats are great. Especially since I havent heard from neither w&m nor uva, and have no hope of getting into them..lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”