btw384 wrote:So today, I decided to email and ask about scholarship information, since I have gotten info for all of my top choices except Iowa. I sent in a nice letter explaining my interest in the school and asking about the availability of merit-based aid. They responded by saying that if I am awarded a scholarship, I will be contacted sometime towards the end of March. Most of my deposit deadlines are April 1-15, and I would like to have some time for negotiations.
I know a lot of other people haven't gotten offers either, so I more or less hoped to show my interest and see if I could get a timeline out of them. Its just stressful when you are ready to start negotiations and you've got that one straggler school who won't let you know one way or the other. It is unfortunate that I might have to throw a school out of contention if I haven't received an offer by April, as I certainly can't attend at sticker.
I don't blame you! I withdrew from a school simply because they said their scholarship committee didn't start meeting until Feb. Hell, I'm going crazy not hearing a response from Iowa about stipulations! If I don't hear back soon, I'm just going to end up withdrawing.