IOWA 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Opie

Silver

Re: IOWA 2012

Post by Opie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
ionoiforgot wrote:I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has been asked before, but does anyone know when financial aid information is given? I recall some people noting earlier in the thread about scholarships they got, but so far I haven't gotten any information about it. Should I presume as an OOS I'm going to be stuck footing a big bill, or should I be waiting till February/March for additional information?
Oh nice! A new question for once!

Come on, this question has literally been answered at least 4 or 5 times. Just to make sure you don't have to do too much work, I'll give you a start. Page 45.
This is why I like you.

Seriously, Shredderrr is probably one of the nicest people on this thread. But he's only going to answer the same question 3 or 4 times before you get snark.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 pm

So does anyone know how long after acceptances scholarships come out?! :)

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:13 pm

typ3 wrote:So does anyone know how long after acceptances scholarships come out?! :)
It says on page 45 that Iowa doesn't give scholarships. It's sticker or gtfo.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 pm

In other news, snow removal here SUCKS. So learn to drive in snow, or leave your car home for the winter. I giggled to myself this morning as a big truck with a Texas license plate struggled up a moderate hill, spinning his tires, sliding, etc. while I followed behind in my Nissan Sentra with no problems.

apeopleshistory

Bronze

Post by apeopleshistory » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jbabs

New

Post by jbabs » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Iowa City winters: when we all become immensely grateful to public transit for sparing us the hassle of driving.

Seriously, we do a lousy job plowing for a Midwestern city. Burlington St. (one of the main downtown roads) spent a good chunk of last winter with only half its lanes driveable.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
ionoiforgot wrote:I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has been asked before, but does anyone know when financial aid information is given? I recall some people noting earlier in the thread about scholarships they got, but so far I haven't gotten any information about it. Should I presume as an OOS I'm going to be stuck footing a big bill, or should I be waiting till February/March for additional information?
Oh nice! A new question for once!

Come on, this question has literally been answered at least 4 or 5 times. Just to make sure you don't have to do too much work, I'll give you a start. Page 45.
This is why I like you.

Seriously, Shredderrr is probably one of the nicest people on this thread. But he's only going to answer the same question 3 or 4 times before you get snark.
Haha I appreciate the compliments. TBH, I felt bad posting a snarky response even if it was warranted.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:24 pm

chrisbru wrote:In other news, snow removal here SUCKS. So learn to drive in snow, or leave your car home for the winter. I giggled to myself this morning as a big truck with a Texas license plate struggled up a moderate hill, spinning his tires, sliding, etc. while I followed behind in my Nissan Sentra with no problems.
Very true. It is a skill us kids born in towns like Iowa City take for granted.

Lol one of the first things my dad did after I got my license was to take me to a huge parking lot covered in ice and snow and make me try to lose control of the car to teach me how to regain it.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 pm

chrisbru wrote:In other news, snow removal here SUCKS. So learn to drive in snow, or leave your car home for the winter. I giggled to myself this morning as a big truck with a Texas license plate struggled up a moderate hill, spinning his tires, sliding, etc. while I followed behind in my Nissan Sentra with no problems.
People here need to learn how to drive in snow. It's driving me insane being stuck behind noobies getting to class.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sebastian0622

Bronze

Post by sebastian0622 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:17 pm

typ3 wrote:
People here need to learn how to drive in snow. It's driving me insane being stuck behind noobies getting to class.
People were driving down the Coralville strip at 20 MPH. In both lanes. Get snow tires, people!

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:44 pm

sebastian0622 wrote:
typ3 wrote:
People were driving down the Coralville strip at 20 MPH. In both lanes. Get snow tires, people!
Well jeez, I can't blame them, what with all of the strip's hairpin turns and unending hills.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:04 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
sebastian0622 wrote:
typ3 wrote:
Well jeez, I can't blame them, what with all of the strip's hairpin turns and unending hills.
Someone's snarky today! Do me a favor and call Drake and mouth off to them for me. :mrgreen:

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Someone's snarky today! Do me a favor and call Drake and mouth off to them for me.
You know I was joking right? Lol the Corallville strip is probably the easiest road I could imagine driving on. Unless you were referring to my snarkiness as being directed towards the slow drivers (instead of sebastian). In that case, I let the snarkiness stand.

I called Drake and gave them an earful for you and they promised to comply. They said you will have an acceptance within 7 days and lots of money. I tried to demand an Opperman, but they wouldn't make any promises.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 pm

I updated a second time to 1/13 today. Hopefully this means decision soon?

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Someone's snarky today! Do me a favor and call Drake and mouth off to them for me.
You know I was joking right? Lol the Corallville strip is probably the easiest road I could imagine driving on. Unless you were referring to my snarkiness as being directed towards the slow drivers (instead of sebastian). In that case, I let the snarkiness stand.

I called Drake and gave them an earful for you and they promised to comply. They said you will have an acceptance within 7 days and lots of money. I tried to demand an Opperman, but they wouldn't make any promises.
Haha! Yeah, I knew that. I just meant that you're in a sarcastic mood.

And thanks for the "call". Though both of those were likely anyway. :mrgreen:

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Haha! Yeah, I knew that. I just meant that you're in a sarcastic mood.

And thanks for the "call". Though both of those were likely anyway. :mrgreen:
Haha just had to make sure I'm not losing this nice-guy reputation I now have!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 pm

sebastian0622 wrote:
typ3 wrote:

You don't even need snow tires in Iowa. Just learn how to not be an idiot. There's no reason you can't drive the speed limit on main roads, especially the Coralville Strip.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 pm

chrisbru wrote:
sebastian0622 wrote:
typ3 wrote:

You don't even need snow tires in Iowa. Just learn how to not be an idiot. There's no reason you can't drive the speed limit on main roads, especially the Coralville Strip.
Definitely. Those speed limits are designed for all normal driving conditions and snow is pretty normal for about 30% of the year in Iowa.

ilovetonyromo

New

Post by ilovetonyromo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm

im on the prelim waitlist, should i send a loci

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:56 pm

ilovetonyromo wrote:im on the prelim waitlist, should i send a loci
Sure

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 am

The prelim waitlist is such an odd thing. It's better than the schools who do essentially the same thing (saving your application to take a second look at later) without any notification though.

An LOCI can't hurt at all.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:32 pm

chrisbru wrote:
The prelim waitlist is such an odd thing. It's better than the schools who do essentially the same thing (saving your application to take a second look at later) without any notification though.

That is if anyone is still interested in Iowa after the snow we got last night. I have about 5 inches at my house in Urbandale.

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Opie wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

That is if anyone is still interested in Iowa after the snow we got last night. I have about 5 inches at my house in Urbandale.
I wish 5 inches of snow was a lot.

nickjive

Bronze

Post by nickjive » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Can anyone recommend a rental agency in the Iowa City/Coralville area? Or at least agencies I should stay away from? I googled some places and they all averaged 1 star reviews :?

Preferably we'd like a house, duplex, or townhouse.

P.S. We visited the law school and the surrounding area yesterday. A lot more stuff to do than Ames!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 pm

buckythebadger wrote:
Opie wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

I wish 5 inches of snow was a lot.
It's not for here either, but for this winter it is!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”