Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
outsidethescope
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby outsidethescope » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Image

Here is a kitten to cheer up this thread.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gaud » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:52 pm

how can one not smile at such a cute picture lol

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Oftranch » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:02 pm

moshid wrote:
cch24 wrote:
moshid wrote:rejected. reverse splitter above 75th GPA below 25th LSAT


Can I ask how you found out? You don't have to answer if it's too personal.


e-mail. feel free to ask me anything else


were you in state?

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby paul34 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:09 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gaud » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:10 pm

paul34 wrote:
gaud wrote:how can one not smile at such a cute picture lol


Do you think that if I e-mail it as an addendum to my application they'll let me in?



i'm pretty sure they would be obligated to

moshid
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby moshid » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm

.
Last edited by moshid on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby horrorbusiness » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:25 pm

outsidethescope wrote:Image

Here is a kitten to cheer up this thread.


QFreddit

User avatar
Cartman
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Cartman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Rejected via email today (11/18). Applied ED 10/05, 169/3.31. Bummer. I did get in to Cornell already though, so I'm really not too worried :D

Unfortunately I think that UT Austin's trying to hold onto their new found coveted T-14 status, and I doubt this will bode well for us border-liners.

GL all!

dkb17xzx
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby dkb17xzx » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 am

gavinstevens wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
dkb17xzx wrote:I need advice:

Texas is my #1 choice (below the median by a hair, but above the 25th / TX resident). I have already secured one letter of recommendation from a professor, and am currently waiting on another one. I really want to send in both letters because I know they will both be good and boost my mediocre numbers. Problem is I'm not quite sure when the letter will come in (my bet is sometime after Thanksgiving break). Should I wait? Or just send it in? Is there any chance that Texas will consider my second letter if it arrives a week or two after my completed application?


I would go ahead and apply now. Chances are they won't begin to even look at your application for at least 3 weeks after you submit you application. You should have plenty of time to get the LOR in your file before they review it.


I second this. I was faced with a similar situation and submitted with one LOR.



Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna do one final review of my PS and resume, and submit my app in the next few hours.

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby beezy08 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:12 am

Got the dreaded rejection email this morning. It was pretty much expected though, so no worries. Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 am

beezy08 wrote:Got the dreaded rejection email this morning. It was pretty much expected though, so no worries. Good luck to everyone else!

I'm sorry beezy! Hang in there!

User avatar
stingray
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby stingray » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:56 am

rejected via email 167 3.74

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gavinstevens » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:14 am

stingray wrote:rejected via email 167 3.74


Darn, that's surprising.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:15 am

Oh jeez guys I'm really sorry! UT doesn't know what they are missing!You will get in somewhere better anyway. Did you apply pretty early in the cycle?

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Real Madrid » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Cartman wrote:Rejected via email today (11/18). Applied ED 10/05, 169/3.31. Bummer. I did get in to Cornell already though, so I'm really not too worried :D

Unfortunately I think that UT Austin's trying to hold onto their new found coveted T-14 status, and I doubt this will bode well for us border-liners.

GL all!


Probably so, though I don't think they're considered a traditional T-14 yet. You got into a real T-14 in Cornell. Congrats! 8)
Last edited by Real Madrid on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sarahmargie
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby sarahmargie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Why are they doing rejections on Saturday?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm

sarahmargie wrote:Why are they doing rejections on Saturday?


Good question. I thought most law schools were closed on Saturdays

User avatar
Flappy Scribbleneck
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Flappy Scribbleneck » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Rejected by email. In state non-trad who had an unimpressive swim through UT in the 90s, 165/3.4, not too surprised, but still . . .

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby emkay625 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Cartman wrote:Rejected via email today (11/18). Applied ED 10/05, 169/3.31. Bummer. I did get in to Cornell already though, so I'm really not too worried :D

Unfortunately I think that UT Austin's trying to hold onto their new found coveted T-14 status, and I doubt this will bode well for us border-liners.

GL all!


This does not bode well for me......

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby emkay625 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:34 pm

gavinstevens wrote:
stingray wrote:rejected via email 167 3.74


Darn, that's surprising.


Yeah.....I'm worried Texas might raise their medians this cycle.....they've been reporting that apps are up 15 percent..... 167/3.74 seems like it would've been a lock last cycle....

advocate1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby advocate1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Here is my issue with the apps up 15% discussion. It would seem to me that due to the in state requirements that you could view the admissions process as having two groups. There are a certain amount of in state spots and TX applicants are competing for those. Then there is the out of state applicant competing for the other seats.

It would seem that the 15% increase would mostly be coming from out of state applicants. They have seen the low COL and good job prospects in TX (not to mention the general awesomness of the state) plus the USNWR rating bump. I know very few TX residents that don't apply to TX. I mean in state is like a huge automatic scholarship.

So I would think that for out of state it is going to be harder to get in this year. In state perhaps a little bit harder but not really exceedingly different from last year.

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gavinstevens » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:02 pm

advocate1 wrote:Here is my issue with the apps up 15% discussion. It would seem to me that due to the in state requirements that you could view the admissions process as having two groups. There are a certain amount of in state spots and TX applicants are competing for those. Then there is the out of state applicant competing for the other seats.

It would seem that the 15% increase would mostly be coming from out of state applicants. They have seen the low COL and good job prospects in TX (not to mention the general awesomness of the state) plus the USNWR rating bump. I know very few TX residents that don't apply to TX. I mean in state is like a huge automatic scholarship.

So I would think that for out of state it is going to be harder to get in this year. In state perhaps a little bit harder but not really exceedingly different from last year.


Not good news for most of us, but a good point.

advocate1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby advocate1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:09 pm

gavinstevens wrote:
advocate1 wrote:Here is my issue with the apps up 15% discussion. It would seem to me that due to the in state requirements that you could view the admissions process as having two groups. There are a certain amount of in state spots and TX applicants are competing for those. Then there is the out of state applicant competing for the other seats.

It would seem that the 15% increase would mostly be coming from out of state applicants. They have seen the low COL and good job prospects in TX (not to mention the general awesomness of the state) plus the USNWR rating bump. I know very few TX residents that don't apply to TX. I mean in state is like a huge automatic scholarship.

So I would think that for out of state it is going to be harder to get in this year. In state perhaps a little bit harder but not really exceedingly different from last year.


Not good news for most of us, but a good point.


said as an in-stater who is hoping beyond hope that this is true! Who knows, I could be way off and all of TX has decided to go to law school this year.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gaud » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:11 pm

so does anyone think the 'rejection wave' is over??? or are we just in the eye of the storm?

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gavinstevens » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:12 pm

I think the consensus is that the in/out of state thing really only becomes an issue at UT if you apply late in the cycle.

@Gaud, who knows?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drillteam, hwwong, lawlawland16, myronbolitar, tangers91, xn3345 and 21 guests