Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:27 pm

splbagel wrote:
gaud wrote:
Dani.B wrote:I'm in class, just received a phone call from Austin, TX. They left a voice mail. :shock:



Good news hopefully!


My call was from 512 232 1206...


1208 for me.

My cell has caller ID tho, so it actually said "Univ of TX Aust" lol

daydreamer
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby daydreamer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Just got the call, at work so I couldn't answer but I listened to the voicemail and I'm in!!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Dani.B wrote:I'm in class, just received a phone call from Austin, TX. They left a voice mail. :shock:


:shock: :shock: I would totally leave class to go check.


I got an unknown number phone call today, got all excited, then realized it wasn't a Texas area code. fail.

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby seanPtheB » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:
splbagel wrote:
gaud wrote:
Dani.B wrote:I'm in class, just received a phone call from Austin, TX. They left a voice mail. :shock:



Good news hopefully!


My call was from 512 232 1206...


1208 for me.

My cell has caller ID tho, so it actually said "Univ of TX Aust" lol


That's so tight what kind of phone do you have?? Anyone with an iPhone 4s have this? Would ease so much stress in getting rando phone calls.

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby seanPtheB » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm

daydreamer wrote:Just got the call, at work so I couldn't answer but I listened to the voicemail and I'm in!!


Congrats! When did you submit?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:52 pm

seanPtheB wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:
splbagel wrote:
gaud wrote:Good news hopefully!


My call was from 512 232 1206...


1208 for me.

My cell has caller ID tho, so it actually said "Univ of TX Aust" lol


That's so tight what kind of phone do you have?? Anyone with an iPhone 4s have this? Would ease so much stress in getting rando phone calls.


Samsung Galaxy SII

Got it when it came out last month. Love this caller ID lol, its great during law school admission cycles

Dani.B
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Dani.B » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Dani.B wrote:I'm in class, just received a phone call from Austin, TX. They left a voice mail. :shock:


Im in!

submitted 10/26, application processed 11/3

the status checker never changed

Question, for those that received a voicemail, did he mention scholarship?

User avatar
AmoryB
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby AmoryB » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:02 pm

In today as well! Recieved: 11/27, Complete: 11/04

User avatar
outsidethescope
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby outsidethescope » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:19 pm

:( Haven't even gotten a received email. Submitted 11/1. Why unolove me, TX?

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby splbagel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Dani.B wrote:Question, for those that received a voicemail, did he mention scholarship?


I spoke to him directly - he said scholarship info will follow about a week after the welcome packet.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:31 pm

outsidethescope wrote::( Haven't even gotten a received email. Submitted 11/1. Why unolove me, TX?


at least I've gotten that email. But no love :( I know my numbers suck, but I'm in-state! Texas, why won't you love me?

the_phoenix612
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby the_phoenix612 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:45 pm

So, I got an email titled UT-LAW APPLICATION RECEIVED on the 12th, but didn't get a status checker email. Should I start worrying?

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm

the_phoenix612 wrote:So, I got an email titled UT-LAW APPLICATION RECEIVED on the 12th, but didn't get a status checker email. Should I start worrying?

Nope, it'll be awhile until you get the status checker after they received it

edit: I got that e-mail on 11-3, didn't get a status checker until 11-14
Last edited by ThreeRivers on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
outsidethescope wrote::( Haven't even gotten a received email. Submitted 11/1. Why unolove me, TX?


at least I've gotten that email. But no love :( I know my numbers suck, but I'm in-state! Texas, why won't you love me?

Numbers twins but I'm OOS :( ... not even sure why I'm trying lol

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
outsidethescope wrote::( Haven't even gotten a received email. Submitted 11/1. Why unolove me, TX?


at least I've gotten that email. But no love :( I know my numbers suck, but I'm in-state! Texas, why won't you love me?

Numbers twins but I'm OOS :( ... not even sure why I'm trying lol


same. I'm hoping being in-state and hispanic will tip me over to an acceptance.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
outsidethescope wrote::( Haven't even gotten a received email. Submitted 11/1. Why unolove me, TX?


at least I've gotten that email. But no love :( I know my numbers suck, but I'm in-state! Texas, why won't you love me?

Numbers twins but I'm OOS :( ... not even sure why I'm trying lol


same. I'm hoping being in-state and hispanic will tip me over to an acceptance.

<White, middle-class from Pittsburgh :( lol

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby beezy08 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
outsidethescope wrote::( Haven't even gotten a received email. Submitted 11/1. Why unolove me, TX?


at least I've gotten that email. But no love :( I know my numbers suck, but I'm in-state! Texas, why won't you love me?

Numbers twins but I'm OOS :( ... not even sure why I'm trying lol


same. I'm hoping being in-state and hispanic will tip me over to an acceptance.



My numbers are similar to you all. White, OOS...I basically have very little hope lol

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gavinstevens » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:02 pm

AmoryB wrote:In today as well! Recieved: 11/27, Complete: 11/04


Congrats, cool avatar/name.

User avatar
Champion
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Champion » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Got a scholarship today $36K offer three years...is that good? I'm out of state.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 pm

So what I'm gathering from this thread is that a 168 is not good for Texas?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 pm

because that wouldn't be ideal

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby beezy08 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

msblaw89 wrote:So what I'm gathering from this thread is that a 168 is not good for Texas?


Probably depends on your GPA

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:17 pm

beezy08 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:So what I'm gathering from this thread is that a 168 is not good for Texas?


Probably depends on your GPA


3.8?

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Real Madrid » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
beezy08 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:So what I'm gathering from this thread is that a 168 is not good for Texas?


Probably depends on your GPA


3.8?


How would being above both medians be considered "not good" in a year that's almost guaranteed to see a huge drop in applicants?

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
beezy08 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:So what I'm gathering from this thread is that a 168 is not good for Texas?


Probably depends on your GPA


3.8?


....GOODGOD




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”