Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:26 pm

So would that mean that current medians aren't an accurate predictor for acceptance/denial?

ASAP
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby ASAP » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:35 am

msblaw89 wrote:So would that mean that current medians aren't an accurate predictor for acceptance/denial?


They are accurate. If they go up at all, it won't be a large jump, IMO.

User avatar
TexasWave
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby TexasWave » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 am

So it sounds like the scholarship increments are 21k, 28.5k, and full ride (plus in-state tuition for some people?)

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:44 am

Finally got my status checker today! Bu I am having issues finding where my status is.... I signed on with my UT EID and I can't find my status? help?

User avatar
catmo
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby catmo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:59 am

outsidethescope wrote:
apeopleshistory wrote:
outsidethescope wrote:
apeopleshistory wrote:Just got notice that my fee waiver was approved and my apllication is complete. I'm stoked!


Same boat as you, but no email yet. When did you mail in your application?

I mailed it 11/1, status checker 11/3, fee waiver approval via status checker 11/15.


I mailed mine the same day as you, but I haven't even gotten a status checker email yet. I wonder at what point I should email them and make sure they've gotten my application. (Though their website is pretty clear about not getting updates through email or phone calls.) :x


I got in via a call from Dean Ingram on 11/9 and have received my admissions packet but no scholarship offer. How long should it take from the time you get the call to receive a scholarship offer?

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Olive » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 pm

catmo wrote:
I got in via a call from Dean Ingram on 11/9 and have received my admissions packet but no scholarship offer. How long should it take from the time you get the call to receive a scholarship offer?



I got the call 10/31 and still no admissions packet. Anxiously waiting to see if there is a scholarship offer . . .

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 pm

For those who were already accepted, about how long did a decision take after you received your status checker?

apeopleshistory
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby apeopleshistory » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 pm

.
Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby paul34 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 pm

The scholarship letter usually comes in its own envelope a few days after the acceptance letter (at least it did last year).

I recieved the "receipt" email on 10/6 and the UT EID on 10/13. Got a call on Monday, 11/14.

User avatar
sdwhodat
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby sdwhodat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:52 pm

TexasWave wrote:So it sounds like the scholarship increments are 21k, 28.5k, and full ride (plus in-state tuition for some people?)


I got 36k with instate tuition.

User avatar
jwalterweatherman
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby jwalterweatherman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:11 pm

sdwhodat wrote:
TexasWave wrote:So it sounds like the scholarship increments are 21k, 28.5k, and full ride (plus in-state tuition for some people?)


I got 36k with instate tuition.


Same here! Just got my letter in the mail today. I received my acceptance call on 11/11, for those curious. Hook 'em!

apeopleshistory
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby apeopleshistory » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:28 pm

.
Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasWave
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby TexasWave » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm seeing a lot of 21k total scholarships where there were 28.5k ones last year. But 36k ones? Hrmmm.

I had a 169, 3.83, strong softs and good lors. Wonder what mine will be. I live abroad so it will take me a while to get the details...

User avatar
sdwhodat
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby sdwhodat » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:02 am

jwalterweatherman wrote:
sdwhodat wrote:
TexasWave wrote:So it sounds like the scholarship increments are 21k, 28.5k, and full ride (plus in-state tuition for some people?)


I got 36k with instate tuition.


Same here! Just got my letter in the mail today. I received my acceptance call on 11/11, for those curious. Hook 'em!


Haha, we're number twins :)

This may mean they're basing scholarships on numbers.

User avatar
username08
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby username08 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:02 am

I've received nothing since the application receipt 2 weeks ago. I guess they'll eventually send me a status checker.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:05 am

username08 wrote:I've received nothing since the application receipt 2 weeks ago. I guess they'll eventually send me a status checker.

I finally got one yesterday after more than two weeks...hang in there

User avatar
Justdoingmybest
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Justdoingmybest » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Got the call. I'm IN

Applied 10/30. Got status checker 11/7.

RD

Dani.B
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Dani.B » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Justdoingmybest wrote:Got the call. I'm IN

Applied 10/30. Got status checker 11/7.

RD


Congrats! Now Im worried though. Applied 10/26 got checker 11/3 and heard nothing. Still says my file is complete.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Justdoingmybest wrote:Got the call. I'm IN

Applied 10/30. Got status checker 11/7.

RD


Congrats!!!

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby paul34 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby splbagel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:00 pm

In via phone call today!

3.79 / 174, no "why Texas" essay

Submitted 10/25
Status checker 11/4

Dani.B
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Dani.B » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm in class, just received a phone call from Austin, TX. They left a voice mail. :shock:

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby gaud » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Dani.B wrote:I'm in class, just received a phone call from Austin, TX. They left a voice mail. :shock:



Good news hopefully!

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby splbagel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:22 pm

gaud wrote:
Dani.B wrote:I'm in class, just received a phone call from Austin, TX. They left a voice mail. :shock:



Good news hopefully!


My call was from 512 232 1206...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, draymondgreen, hellohalo, premalone, rush4334, stewhan and 20 guests