Texas 2011-2012 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mzells

New

Re: Texas 2011-2012 Applicants

Post by mzells » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Anyone on the waitlist receive an email from Monica Ingram today? I just received my second email in the last month from her asking if I was still VERY interested...how many times do I have to tell them that I desperately want to be a longhorn?!?

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

mzells wrote:Anyone on the waitlist receive an email from Monica Ingram today? I just received my second email in the last month from her asking if I was still VERY interested...how many times do I have to tell them that I desperately want to be a longhorn?!?

This could be the one! After my second email one asking if I was SERIOUSLY interested. I replied with a yes and got an acceptance call the next day.

This has happened to a couple of people who have gotten in off the waitlist.

mzells

New

Post by mzells » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:
mzells wrote:Anyone on the waitlist receive an email from Monica Ingram today? I just received my second email in the last month from her asking if I was still VERY interested...how many times do I have to tell them that I desperately want to be a longhorn?!?

This could be the one! After my second email one asking if I was SERIOUSLY interested. I replied with a yes and got an acceptance call the next day.

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback!

mzells

New

Post by mzells » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:53 pm

mzells wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback!
Sorry to clog the forum today, but eek! Just got the acceptance call! :)

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:32 pm

mzells wrote:
Sorry to clog the forum today, but eek! Just got the acceptance call! :)

Congrats!

On another note, is anyone still looking for housing? Everything I've found near the law school I feel has been over priced or filled with Undergrads.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JimmysParty

New

Post by JimmysParty » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:32 pm

I got the call today as well.

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 pm

JimmysParty wrote:I got the call today as well.
Congrats!

amoricaorbust

New

Post by amoricaorbust » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Is there an admitted students website or anything along those lines? Also, how do get to the facebook page?

dcoi

New

Post by dcoi » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 am

Wanted to say a quick thank you to the posters in this thread. After just about giving up, I saw that an additional email to the admissions department was going a long way-- emailed Friday, got the phone call and some financial consideration on Monday. Look forward to seeing everyone this Fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 am

dcoi wrote:Wanted to say a quick thank you to the posters in this thread. After just about giving up, I saw that an additional email to the admissions department was going a long way-- emailed Friday, got the phone call and some financial consideration on Monday. Look forward to seeing everyone this Fall.
Good to hear! See you in a few weeks.

TonYNWA

New

Post by TonYNWA » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:44 pm

I applied during the 2010 cycle and was waitlisted. Took a year off after graduation to work abroad, applied again and was denied in February this cycle. I haven't talked to UT at all since then via email or anything else.

That said...I just got a call from Dean Ingram this afternoon saying that she had reviewed my file again and offered me a spot in the class this year.

I'm already deposited at SMU and moved in to an apartment in Dallas, but UT is a pretty big draw.

Anyone have any tips on how to make this decision, or insight as to how/why I got randomly accepted after being denied?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:55 pm

TonYNWA wrote:I applied during the 2010 cycle and was waitlisted. Took a year off after graduation to work abroad, applied again and was denied in February this cycle. I haven't talked to UT at all since then via email or anything else.

That said...I just got a call from Dean Ingram this afternoon saying that she had reviewed my file again and offered me a spot in the class this year.

I'm already deposited at SMU and moved in to an apartment in Dallas, but UT is a pretty big draw.

Anyone have any tips on how to make this decision, or insight as to how/why I got randomly accepted after being denied?
WOW, so odd! hm, applications have been down this year--maybe they've exhausted the wl? unless youre looking at a huge difference in total cost, i would go to UT. u also may be able to finegal some money out of UT to help cover the costs of ur apt at SMU...
good luck!

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:12 am

TonYNWA wrote:I applied during the 2010 cycle and was waitlisted. Took a year off after graduation to work abroad, applied again and was denied in February this cycle. I haven't talked to UT at all since then via email or anything else.

Cost of attending each school? Unless, you have a very significant/full scholarship to SMU, I think UT is probably the best choice. The cost of breaking your lease, losing your SMU deposit, and going through the hassle of moving is relatively minor in the long run. Job prospects are significantly better at UT and it is most likely worth it (unless, you have a hefty scholarship at SMU and you're trying to limit debt).

I would assume the call came because this cycle has been particularly weird for admins with such a low number of applicants. They also might be close to boosting their GPA numbers and burned through the waitlist for high GPAs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 am

Strange year. Congratulations.

sorry, I am not much help.

JimmysParty

New

Post by JimmysParty » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 pm

I suspect you have me to thank for that. I turned them down the day before you got your offer so that probably means I was the last person on the waitlist.

PM me if you want more info.

hookem7

Bronze

Post by hookem7 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:52 pm

JimmysParty wrote:

I suspect you have me to thank for that. I turned them down the day before you got your offer so that probably means I was the last person on the waitlist.

PM me if you want more info.
There must have been more than one example of this, I went randomly from rejected to admitted as well. They probably needed to get to the required 65% Texas residents

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Strange year indeed guys. I'm actually attending UT Law this Fall but received a call from Case Western (applied in 2010, didn't apply this cycle at all because I wanted to leave Cleveland) asking me if I had started law school and wanted to transfer. I told them that I hadn't entered law school at the time I applied and they offered to reactivate my application and give me a seat in this year's class.

Applications must be scarce.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”