2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby YankeeFan2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:36 pm

milljp02 wrote:Also in via e-mail. I guess no money though :( - for you all with $, did that come in a separate e-mail or in the acceptance one?



+1 -- Same question and would love to know.

horsesrule2006
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby horsesrule2006 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm

In via email today. Status checker changed as well but only says "Decision Processed". No money :( Not that surprised though given my stats.

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby coldshoulder » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:20 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
milljp02 wrote:Also in via e-mail. I guess no money though :( - for you all with $, did that come in a separate e-mail or in the acceptance one?



+1 -- Same question and would love to know.


Money came in through snail mail with acceptance letter.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:53 pm

milljp02 wrote:Also in via e-mail. I guess no money though :( - for you all with $, did that come in a separate e-mail or in the acceptance one?


My scholarship info was with the acceptance email and then I also got that "Anticipated Financial Aid" email.

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Ginj » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 pm

ashley12 wrote:
milljp02 wrote:Also in via e-mail. I guess no money though :( - for you all with $, did that come in a separate e-mail or in the acceptance one?


My scholarship info was with the acceptance email and then I also got that "Anticipated Financial Aid" email.


Ditto.

caller10
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby caller10 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Does anybody know if Denver offers a travel stipend for accepted students to go visit the school? I know some other law schools do

efcaley
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby efcaley » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:59 pm

In via email at sticker. Really excited, but I'm not sure about leaving my career for sticker...decisions...

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Ginj » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Just visited DU for the second time and scoped out some apartments. If I choose DU, I'll probably be living further away from campus. The apartments around the school seem swamped with undergrads.

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Ginj wrote:Just visited DU for the second time and scoped out some apartments. If I choose DU, I'll probably be living further away from campus. The apartments around the school seem swamped with undergrads.


Were you the visitor in our property class today?

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Ginj » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:24 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Ginj wrote:Just visited DU for the second time and scoped out some apartments. If I choose DU, I'll probably be living further away from campus. The apartments around the school seem swamped with undergrads.


Were you the visitor in our property class today?


I was not. I didn't sit in on any class this time around. But I hope they were hot.

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Ginj wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
Ginj wrote:Just visited DU for the second time and scoped out some apartments. If I choose DU, I'll probably be living further away from campus. The apartments around the school seem swamped with undergrads.


Were you the visitor in our property class today?


I was not. I didn't sit in on any class this time around. But I hope they were hot.


Lol - I didn't mean it that way! We're just always curious about visitors in our classes.

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Ginj » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:33 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Ginj wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
Ginj wrote:Just visited DU for the second time and scoped out some apartments. If I choose DU, I'll probably be living further away from campus. The apartments around the school seem swamped with undergrads.


Were you the visitor in our property class today?


I was not. I didn't sit in on any class this time around. But I hope they were hot.


Lol - I didn't mean it that way! We're just always curious about visitors in our classes.


Ah. I did visit last semester. A Contracts class. Prof had big, brown, curly hair.

And I'm a short redhead.

That's all I got.

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Ginj wrote:Just visited DU for the second time and scoped out some apartments. If I choose DU, I'll probably be living further away from campus. The apartments around the school seem swamped with undergrads.


Of the schools I'm accepted at so far, my fiance likes DU the most. What we both like about it is the amount of cool little houses not far from the light rail. If I decide on Denver, that's the kind of place we'll be looking to rent (and recruiting friends for roomies if we have to).

User avatar
Stefyhead
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:48 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Stefyhead » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:43 am

flem wrote:To any current students - where do most people live? I'm starting to peruse for apartments and I'm not sure where I should be looking or how much I should be spending. Thanks!


+1

User avatar
Stefyhead
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:48 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Stefyhead » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:11 pm

flem wrote:Still wondering where I should be looking for housing, if anyone has any insight.


I'm going to scope it out this weekend, so I'd be interested to know what others think. I would really like to have bus or lightrail transportation within a few blocks.

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Ginj » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:18 pm

The Admissions office has a list of properties that law students (supposedly) favor. Be sure to drop by and grab one.

OhioRider22
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby OhioRider22 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Status checker went blank, come on DU, give me some news!

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby YankeeFan2 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:24 pm

OhioRider22 wrote:Status checker went blank, come on DU, give me some news!


Mine did too before a decision came via email. I would give it 3 days.

OhioRider22
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby OhioRider22 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
OhioRider22 wrote:Status checker went blank, come on DU, give me some news!


Mine did too before a decision came via email. I would give it 3 days.


Cool, thanks!

msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby msu1077 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Withdrew my application on Friday. I hope that opens up a spot for someone! Good luck to all of those still waiting!

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Ginj » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Withdrew my acceptance and freed up $21k a year. Good luck, waiters!

User avatar
bigtexmex
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby bigtexmex » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Will be withdrawing my application and the 30K a year scholly. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

User avatar
Stefyhead
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:48 am

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby Stefyhead » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 pm

bigtexmex wrote:Will be withdrawing my application and the 30K a year scholly. Good luck to everyone still waiting.


Have you withdrawn yet? I'm really hoping to negotiate a little more scholarship money. Hoping that if those with scholarships are withdrawing around the same time that I ask, that I'll have a better chance!

User avatar
bigtexmex
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby bigtexmex » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Stefyhead wrote:
bigtexmex wrote:Will be withdrawing my application and the 30K a year scholly. Good luck to everyone still waiting.


Have you withdrawn yet? I'm really hoping to negotiate a little more scholarship money. Hoping that if those with scholarships are withdrawing around the same time that I ask, that I'll have a better chance!


Within the next week or so. Waiting on the admissions package from my top choice which should be in by the end of the week or the middle of next week.

It's almost like a paranoia to make sure that my top choice wasn't messing with me or that someone hacked their email account and sent me an admissions email.

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle: University of Denver c/o 2015

Postby milljp02 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:58 pm

. n/m




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests