Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby landla » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:39 pm

FYI, just got scholarship info via email. I was accepted just before Christmas.

cstan
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cstan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:43 pm

ditto...anyone know how to haggle with the first offer?

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby landla » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:26 pm

cstan wrote:ditto...anyone know how to haggle with the first offer?


I'm planning on working my way up, but I've heard BC is very tough (and case dependent) to negotiate with.

KayKay8709
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby KayKay8709 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:37 pm

landla wrote:FYI, just got scholarship info via email. I was accepted just before Christmas.


Oh man! I hope there's still money left by the time they evaluate me for aid--I only got accepted about a month ago. :(

NJDevilsfan
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby NJDevilsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Just went under review. Does anyone know how long this process could take?

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby sdphill » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm

KayKay8709 wrote:
landla wrote:FYI, just got scholarship info via email. I was accepted just before Christmas.


Oh man! I hope there's still money left by the time they evaluate me for aid--I only got accepted about a month ago. :(


+1

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby stillwater » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm

NJDevilsfan wrote:Just went under review. Does anyone know how long this process could take?


Years.

NJDevilsfan
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby NJDevilsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm

stillwater wrote:
NJDevilsfan wrote:Just went under review. Does anyone know how long this process could take?


Years.


Thanks for that. Feels like it!

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby stillwater » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:44 pm

NJDevilsfan wrote:
stillwater wrote:
NJDevilsfan wrote:Just went under review. Does anyone know how long this process could take?


Years.


Thanks for that. Feels like it!


There is only a finite amount of time left for reviewing applications, so it shouldn't be long.

pedroia
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby pedroia » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 pm

NJDevilsfan wrote:
stillwater wrote:
NJDevilsfan wrote:Just went under review. Does anyone know how long this process could take?


Years.


Thanks for that. Feels like it!


Haha so true.

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."
-Einstein

User avatar
barbaraeliz
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby barbaraeliz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 pm

another week no rain. :(

congrats to everyone who heard back.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Geneva » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:30 pm

i've been "complete" for over 2 months. would it be ill advised to send bc a loci? i don't want to be rude or pushy, but i'd like to visit bc when i visit bu. when are the asws for bc?

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby landla » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Geneva wrote:i've been "complete" for over 2 months. would it be ill advised to send bc a loci? i don't want to be rude or pushy, but i'd like to visit bc when i visit bu. when are the asws for bc?


ASD are this Friday and next Friday. Alumni Receptions have past. (I believe they have; I only looked at when the Boston one was.)

You can send one, but I can't speak to how beneficial it'd be. My personal opinion on LOCI is that they can't hurt if they are done well and that, if you are going to consider sending one and likely feel that you could have done more if you are rejected or WL, send a very good one.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm

If I haven't got a decision yet I am riding the train to WL/reject city or do they have acceptances this late as well???

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Geneva » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:56 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:If I haven't got a decision yet I am riding the train to WL/reject city or do they have acceptances this late as well???


i would imagine they have acceptances this late! my stats r above both 75th percentiles and i have decent softs, but i've been hovering at complete since january. apparently bc doesn't yield protect, so maybe they're just slow?

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Geneva wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:If I haven't got a decision yet I am riding the train to WL/reject city or do they have acceptances this late as well???


i would imagine they have acceptances this late! my stats r above both 75th percentiles and i have decent softs, but i've been hovering at complete since january. apparently bc doesn't yield protect, so maybe they're just slow?


Thank u ...you calmed my nerves a bit...heres to hoping they release some decisions this week

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Also if I do recieve an accpetance....am I screwed for not having completed the need access yet...BC is the only school that I have either been accepted to or still waiting on that requires it...so I completely forgot about it???

User avatar
SDPalmTree
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby SDPalmTree » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Hmmm, my 'under review' date has been upgraded to 3/19... UR2 then?

bne2103
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby bne2103 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Is anyone who does not live within reasonable driving distance to BC going to either ASD? Anyone have a hotel recommendation? I am debating going to this Friday's, but unsure if it will be worth it...I'm just as interested in meeting with potential classmates as I am in the day's scheduled activities...do we think it will be well-attended?

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby landla » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 am

bne2103 wrote:Is anyone who does not live within reasonable driving distance to BC going to either ASD? Anyone have a hotel recommendation? I am debating going to this Friday's, but unsure if it will be worth it...I'm just as interested in meeting with potential classmates as I am in the day's scheduled activities...do we think it will be well-attended?


I'm in the area, but I think it is a very good idea to attend, whether you are still deciding or already chose the school.

bne2103
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby bne2103 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

landla wrote:
bne2103 wrote:Is anyone who does not live within reasonable driving distance to BC going to either ASD? Anyone have a hotel recommendation? I am debating going to this Friday's, but unsure if it will be worth it...I'm just as interested in meeting with potential classmates as I am in the day's scheduled activities...do we think it will be well-attended?


I'm in the area, but I think it is a very good idea to attend, whether you are still deciding or already chose the school.


okay, im all in. leaning heavily towards bc anyway.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

does everyone get a UR 2? i just went under review for the first time yesterday.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:32 pm

I really hope we get some decision rendered soon!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Withdrew! I hope some one gets my spot!

hurricane12345
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hurricane12345 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Finally received Agora info! Still nothing showing there for merit or need aid though...*sigh*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”