cbcoop wrote:Geneva wrote:cbcoop wrote:I was trying to choose between BC, Notre Dame, and W&M over the last couple of months, but the scholarship tilted the scales in BC's favor, so I'll be sending in my deposit soon. Has anyone else decided yet?
i haven't heard back from bc yet, which makes it harder to decide. my application went complete 1/13, but no news since then. wonder if i should tell them bu offered me 105K (total) and i'd really appreciate it if they could give me as estimate of if i'll be accepted/how much merit aid i might get if so?
Yeah that's a tough situation. If you're accepted (and it seems you would have a really good shot) then you should certainly hit them with the BU scholarship offer right away to see what they give you. It's probably best to try to wait for the acceptance first though. Maybe give it about one more week, and if no reply, call them and try to get a response. Last year I applied really late (with a very poorly written PS) and I received a BC rejection letter in the mail that was postdated March 21st.
I've heard that BU is a little more generous with scholarships than BC, so they may not match the 105 exactly. However, I'll point out that every scholarship I received stipulated that I maintain a 3.0, but BC's stipulated that I maintain a GPA of 2.0, well below the median grading curve. Of course, not sure if they're all like that.
Thanks for the info! Thinking of just sending in a LOCI and letting the chips fall where they may. Congrats on making a final decision! I think making that decision is going to be the hardest part of this process. Just wondering, how did your app change to lead you from a rejection last year to a scholarship this year at BC? Congrats on that, BTW:)