Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
landla

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby landla » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:03 pm

moxy wrote:
martorem wrote:
moxy wrote:
martorem wrote:Me! Anything to avoid going home to shovel snow :(

I am looking out of the window, and it is raining pretty hard. I am hoping for the snow to melt!!!

Wait, where are you that it's raining? I hope that happens here...

I was at Wellesley two hours ago, and I am at Quincy now, looking out the window .. still rain. I live close to Worcester near the boonies .. and it was snowing like a mofo this morning.

My boonies this morning was fun to drive in as well, but I'm in Boston (work - near South Station) and it doesn't look like it is doing anything... but it's extraordinarily difficult to see out of the windows so I don't trust it. (This is also annoying, since I'm debating walking or taking a taxi... which are clearly different time wise and rely entirely on the weather.)

Looking forward to meeting people tonight (even if we won't know fellow TLSers in any way).

P.S. I agree about getting out of shoveling! I'm hoping it'll be done by the time I get back... wishful thinking.
Last edited by landla on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

martorem

Postby martorem » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:04 pm

I was at Wellesley two hours ago, and I am at Quincy now, looking out the window .. still rain. I live close to Worcester near the boonies .. and it was snowing like a mofo this morning.[/quote]

Ahhh gotcha. Well hopefully it's started raining and melting the snow in Somerville by the time I get home tonight! I assume you aren't going to the reception?

landla

Postby landla » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:05 pm

martorem wrote:I was at Wellesley two hours ago, and I am at Quincy now, looking out the window .. still rain. I live close to Worcester near the boonies .. and it was snowing like a mofo this morning.

Ahhh gotcha. Well hopefully it's started raining and melting the snow in Somerville by the time I get home tonight! I assume you aren't going to the reception?[/quote]

...and not just black ice!

martorem

Postby martorem » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:07 pm

landla wrote:
martorem wrote:I was at Wellesley two hours ago, and I am at Quincy now, looking out the window .. still rain. I live close to Worcester near the boonies .. and it was snowing like a mofo this morning.

Ahhh gotcha. Well hopefully it's started raining and melting the snow in Somerville by the time I get home tonight! I assume you aren't going to the reception?

...and not just black ice![/quote]

Ugh. The walk to my house from Davis is going to SUCK

moxy

Postby moxy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:26 pm

martorem wrote:
landla wrote:

Ugh. The walk to my house from Davis is going to SUCK[/quote]

I have a ton of work, and I couldn't quite plan for this. I received an acceptance two days ago, so yea .. you should tell me how it went!!

landla

Postby landla » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:18 pm

moxy wrote:
martorem wrote:
landla wrote:

Ugh. The walk to my house from Davis is going to SUCK

I have a ton of work, and I couldn't quite plan for this. I received an acceptance two days ago, so yea .. you should tell me how it went!![/quote]

It was really good. I didn't learn anything astonishingly new, but it is great to hear about the school from a variety of sources. An alum, the dean, and a professor all spoke. Otherwise, we milled around speaking with other admitted students, alums, professors, and admissions people. The food looked great, but it was a short time there with a lot of people wanting to talk to each other and convince you to go to BC (though not intensely and many said to find the best fit, even if it isn't them) so I barely got to eat or drink anything.

I think the ASW would be more informative, but I'm very glad I attended.

martorem

Postby martorem » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:23 pm

landla wrote:
It was really good. I didn't learn anything astonishingly new, but it is great to hear about the school from a variety of sources. An alum, the dean, and a professor all spoke. Otherwise, we milled around speaking with other admitted students, alums, professors, and admissions people. The food looked great, but it was a short time there with a lot of people wanting to talk to each other and convince you to go to BC (though not intensely and many said to find the best fit, even if it isn't them) so I barely got to eat or drink anything.

Agreed! I had a really great time, and I didn't really feel pressured at all, they want you to go to the right place for you. I also didn't feel like I was being 'tricked' like I did at the Northeastern event (PM me if you want details). All in all, my decision is going to be A LOT harder - I want to leave Boston, but I love BC, and all the double eagles were so nice, and I just miss BC sooo much...haha

moxy

Postby moxy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:56 pm

martorem wrote:
landla wrote:

Agreed! I had a really great time, and I didn't really feel pressured at all, they want you to go to the right place for you. I also didn't feel like I was being 'tricked' like I did at the Northeastern event (PM me if you want details). All in all, my decision is going to be A LOT harder - I want to leave Boston, but I love BC, and all the double eagles were so nice, and I just miss BC sooo much...haha

Hi! Thanks for the update. Which school do you have in mind.. for a top choice? Also, how did Northeaster trick you hahaha I am curious!!!!!

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 pm

someone in here wanted some info about the p.i. scholly. please p.m. me, i have an update for you.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:00 pm

any idea why bc doesn't want to read my app? still at "complete" almost 2 months in...
i applied to bu weeks later than bc and they already offered me a huge scholarship and personalized acceptance note.
i was favoring bc over bu, but this is frustrating.

pedroia

Postby pedroia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:03 pm

martorem wrote:
landla wrote:

Haha - I felt pressured a few times, to be honest! A few alums were giving the hard sell - it felt like they had been prepped beforehand to make a strong pitch for the school. But overall I thought it was a good time.

Anyway - I know this has been asked before but what's the latest on scholly info? I think I read somewhere that BC tends to release all (or the vast majority anyway) its merit offers on the same day, sometime in mid-March. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm? Would appreciate any info or guidance. Thanks!

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Geneva wrote:any idea why bc doesn't want to read my app? still at "complete" almost 2 months in...
i applied to bu weeks later than bc and they already offered me a huge scholarship and personalized acceptance note.

bump

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Geneva wrote:
Geneva wrote:any idea why bc doesn't want to read my app? still at "complete" almost 2 months in...

bump

Haha, relax. I submitted in September and didnt hear until mid-February. Some schools take longer than others. They aren't "disrespecting" you. Different schools different systems.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:30 pm

stillwater wrote:
Geneva wrote:

bump

Haha, relax. I submitted in September and didnt hear until mid-February. Some schools take longer than others. They aren't "disrespecting" you. Different schools different systems.

haha i know they aren't disrespecting me. i was just legitimately concerned bc this is the only school that i haven't seen any movement on. thanks for the reassurance. :)
congrats to everyone already in!

ButwhereforeIknownot

Postby ButwhereforeIknownot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 am

Hi...sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed already, but if anyone can give me a quick answer:I was admitted early last week. Any idea as to how/when scholarship info is communicated to admits following an offer of admission?

Thanks in advance :)

fishy

Postby fishy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 am

They said most merit/need aid will be available when they send the Agora (campusweb) info sometime in the middle of the month.

ButwhereforeIknownot

Postby ButwhereforeIknownot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:34 am

fishy wrote:They said most merit/need aid will be available when they send the Agora (campusweb) info sometime in the middle of the month.

Thanks! Is there no ASW yet?

avd90

Postby avd90 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm

literally JUST checked here to see news about schollys, only to get a notification that I've been granted $30,000/year. BU offered $45, is this negotiable?

mathlawcombo

Postby mathlawcombo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:52 pm

25,000/year!

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:55 pm

avd90 wrote:literally JUST checked here to see news about schollys, only to get a notification that I've been granted $30,000/year. BU offered $45, is this negotiable?

mathlawcombo wrote:25,000/year!

how did you all find out?

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:56 pm

avd90 wrote:literally JUST checked here to see news about schollys, only to get a notification that I've been granted $30,000/year. BU offered $45, is this negotiable?

when did u apply?

avd90

Postby avd90 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:00 pm

I submitted 1/9, heard 2/27

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:03 pm

avd90 wrote:I submitted 1/9, heard 2/27

gracias. congrats!

drobe24

Postby drobe24 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Just got an email from BC. $25k/year.
166/3.67

pedroia

Postby pedroia » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:25 pm

drobe24 wrote:Just got an email from BC. $25k/year.
166/3.67

Congratulations to you and the others who have gotten money! Well done. I'm still waiting to hear myself, anxiously.

Questions, if you don't mind? Is it merit or need based? Or do you know? And also, when did you submit your FAFSA/financial aid info?

Thanks!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”