Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pedroia
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby pedroia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:46 pm

freaknroll wrote:is there a differance between when yal say that your app is UR and what is says in mine, "your application is being reviewed"?

Are these the same?


I think they're the same - that's what I mean when I say under review anyway!

pedroia
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby pedroia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 pm

stillwater wrote:
pedroia wrote:
freaknroll wrote:
stillwater wrote:In today via email/video message. 3.1/167. On hold 12/22. Decision Rendered today.


Congrats.


Congratulations! Good news, both for you and for those of us still waiting. Was there any kind of status update or did it go straight from hold to decision rendered?

Still waiting on my UR 12/23 to materialize into a decision, and hoping that your 12/22 might mean something is coming soon....

Congratulations again.


Thanks! It went from Decision Rendered on 12/22 (which was a hold), back under review 2/6, updated again to 2/10 UR, then Decision Rendered today (2/14). I originally submitted back in late September.


Ah, OK. Well at least they turned it around quickly once they decided to review it again.

gthopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby gthopeful » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Finally just went under review!!!

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 am

Complete since early December, UR since 1/6. Am I in danger of being WLed? 169/3.45.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby thelong » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:02 am

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:Complete since early December, UR since 1/6. Am I in danger of being WLed? 169/3.45.


Same boat! Except I was complete in November. I have a feeling they'll WL me, but I bet you'll get in. Those numbers seem to be pretty spot on for BC.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby 20130312 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 am

RoseMVP wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:I've been complete since late November... what're they waiting for? :shock:


ingoodfaith, you're not under review yet??? I applied a few weeks ago and have been under review for about a week. weird since we have the same numbers.


Been under review since mid December

User avatar
barbaraeliz
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby barbaraeliz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Hope we get some answers before the start of the semester :wink:


Sorry, bad waiting humor. :roll:

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 pm

thelong wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:Complete since early December, UR since 1/6. Am I in danger of being WLed? 169/3.45.


Same boat! Except I was complete in November. I have a feeling they'll WL me, but I bet you'll get in. Those numbers seem to be pretty spot on for BC.


Your profile says you have a 177...do you mock me, sir?

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby confusedlaw » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Congratulations! Good news, both for you and for those of us still waiting. Was there any kind of status update or did it go straight from hold to decision rendered?

Still waiting on my UR 12/23 to materialize into a decision, and hoping that your 12/22 might mean something is coming soon....THS SAme

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby thelong » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:47 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
thelong wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:Complete since early December, UR since 1/6. Am I in danger of being WLed? 169/3.45.


Same boat! Except I was complete in November. I have a feeling they'll WL me, but I bet you'll get in. Those numbers seem to be pretty spot on for BC.


Your profile says you have a 177...do you mock me, sir?


No, they're more likely to waitlist me because of my numbers. Your numbers are great for BC!

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby masked kavana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 pm

thelong wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
thelong wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:Complete since early December, UR since 1/6. Am I in danger of being WLed? 169/3.45.


Same boat! Except I was complete in November. I have a feeling they'll WL me, but I bet you'll get in. Those numbers seem to be pretty spot on for BC.


Your profile says you have a 177...do you mock me, sir?


No, they're more likely to waitlist me because of my numbers. Your numbers are great for BC!



177!!! You are a beast!! Congrats :)

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Geneva » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:26 am

application complete 1/13 and no movement since then
soooo frustrating!!!!!!

hope other ppl are having better luck w/ their cycles!

dnyr2b
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby dnyr2b » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Just updated to 2/15 from 12/13. Hmmmm

TB12
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby TB12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm

ganggreen wrote:Since they've already been rolling out scholarships, any idea whether having not heard back will put you at a disadvantage? I just wonder for how much longer they'll be sending out offers...


Just so you know, I didn't hear anything from BC originally when a bunch of other people on here were getting scholarship offers. In the end, they ended up offering one of the larger scholarships that they give out to 1Ls. Don't panic.

By the way, if any applicants have questions, they can shoot me a PM. I don't remember too much about how the application cycle played out because it was a while ago, but any general questions you have I can answer.

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hob12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Waitlisted as of today. I just went "under review" yesterday.

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby irish1485 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Was yesterday your first time being under review?

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hob12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:56 pm

irish1485 wrote:Was yesterday your first time being under review?


Before I believe it was something like "Sent to committee"

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:31 pm

hob12 wrote:
irish1485 wrote:Was yesterday your first time being under review?


Before I believe it was something like "Sent to committee"


Your avatar is kick-ass...BC doesn't deserve you. AVPM/S ftw <3

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hob12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:05 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
hob12 wrote:
irish1485 wrote:Was yesterday your first time being under review?


Before I believe it was something like "Sent to committee"


Your avatar is kick-ass...BC doesn't deserve you. AVPM/S ftw <3


You, my friend, are totally awesome.

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby landla » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 pm

TB12 wrote:
ganggreen wrote:Since they've already been rolling out scholarships, any idea whether having not heard back will put you at a disadvantage? I just wonder for how much longer they'll be sending out offers...


Just so you know, I didn't hear anything from BC originally when a bunch of other people on here were getting scholarship offers. In the end, they ended up offering one of the larger scholarships that they give out to 1Ls. Don't panic.

By the way, if any applicants have questions, they can shoot me a PM. I don't remember too much about how the application cycle played out because it was a while ago, but any general questions you have I can answer.


Thanks for letting us know - very helpful/calming!

scram202
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby scram202 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:06 pm

I got a fee waiver from BC and decided to throw my hat in the ring, even if they are only trying to boost their stats. However, I submitted my application 2 days ago now through LSAC. LSAC says the reports have been generated and sent yesterday. My question is how long, in the past, did it take for people to get acknowledgment of their application from BC.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby confusedlaw » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm

does my first two 158's hurt me now i have 167?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby stillwater » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:23 pm

confusedlaw wrote:does my first two 158's hurt me now i have 167?


Shouldn't

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:41 am

confusedlaw wrote:does my first two 158's hurt me now i have 167?


If you have a compelling story, throw in an addendum explaining the circumstances (less than half a page). Otherwise, with that kind of a jump, I wouldn't worry. If anything, taking the LSAT a third time and drastically improving shows commitment and unwillingness to accept mediocrity. Congrats on the your 167.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm

dproduct wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:does my first two 158's hurt me now i have 167?


If you have a compelling story, throw in an addendum explaining the circumstances (less than half a page). Otherwise, with that kind of a jump, I wouldn't worry. If anything, taking the LSAT a third time and drastically improving shows commitment and unwillingness to accept mediocrity. Congrats on the your 167.


I agree with this.

I had two lower LSATs then a third higher one that still didn't hit 167 and they let me in during the month of November.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, lillawyer2, tinafeyclone and 5 guests