Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Killingly » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 pm

BC says they're sending my packet to my current address - which I listed as expiring three days ago. I leave school (graduating) on Monday. Stupid BC, why can't you just send it to my permanent address? :roll:

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby confusedlaw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 am

still complete at 11/21 damnit

zurcaled11
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby zurcaled11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:25 am

Killingly wrote:BC says they're sending my packet to my current address - which I listed as expiring three days ago. I leave school (graduating) on Monday. Stupid BC, why can't you just send it to my permanent address? :roll:



Just try and find out how they are shipping it (fedex, ups, usps) and set up a forwarding address online. Shouldn't take very long.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Killingly » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:29 am

zurcaled11 wrote:
Killingly wrote:BC says they're sending my packet to my current address - which I listed as expiring three days ago. I leave school (graduating) on Monday. Stupid BC, why can't you just send it to my permanent address? :roll:



Just try and find out how they are shipping it (fedex, ups, usps) and set up a forwarding address online. Shouldn't take very long.


Yeah, I was just being dramatic and sullen about it. Planning on doing something like this if it doesn't arrive before I leave.

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby landla » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 am

Killingly wrote:Yeah, I was just being dramatic and sullen about it. Planning on doing something like this if it doesn't arrive before I leave.


Just to let you know, it can take a few days for this to take effect, so you might want to set it up now.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby puremorning » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Decision rendered. Since acceptances went out yesterday and BC was a long shot for me, in addition to not having anything in my inbox, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume I'll be getting a rejection letter in the mail in a few days.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:09 pm

puremorning wrote:Decision rendered. Since acceptances went out yesterday and BC was a long shot for me, in addition to not having anything in my inbox, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume I'll be getting a rejection letter in the mail in a few days.

Don't think it until its happened.... you might be surprised

shumon
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby shumon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 pm

puremorning wrote:Decision rendered. Since acceptances went out yesterday and BC was a long shot for me, in addition to not having anything in my inbox, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume I'll be getting a rejection letter in the mail in a few days.





Decision rendered.....Same here. I hope its good news, though

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby minnbills » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Still under review

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby stillwater » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:19 pm

minnbills wrote:Still under review


+1

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Elendil » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm sitting at application complete since 11/9... about how long does it usually take to go UR?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Elendil wrote:I'm sitting at application complete since 11/9... about how long does it usually take to go UR?

I went complete 11/02 and didn't got under review until 12/06

shumon
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby shumon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Elendil wrote:I'm sitting at application complete since 11/9... about how long does it usually take to go UR?





mine took about a week

shumon
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby shumon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Anyone have their decision rendered on 12/14? I am freaking out right now.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby puremorning » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm

shumon wrote:Anyone have their decision rendered on 12/14? I am freaking out right now.


Yeah, I just posted about that. Seeing as all the acceptances were emailed yesterday, I have a feeling we're going to have some thin envelopes waiting at our permanent addresses in 3-5 days.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby catholicgirl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm

shumon wrote:Anyone have their decision rendered on 12/14? I am freaking out right now.

Yup. Just called to make sure they're sending whatever materials to where I'm living now and not my home address...(not going home until Christmas Eve and I don't trust my parents to not accidentally throw stuff out).

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby catholicgirl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:40 pm

puremorning wrote:
shumon wrote:Anyone have their decision rendered on 12/14? I am freaking out right now.


Yeah, I just posted about that. Seeing as all the acceptances were emailed yesterday, I have a feeling we're going to have some thin envelopes waiting at our permanent addresses in 3-5 days.


Eh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Weirder things have happened this cycle.

shumon
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby shumon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:48 pm

puremorning wrote:
shumon wrote:Anyone have their decision rendered on 12/14? I am freaking out right now.


Yeah, I just posted about that. Seeing as all the acceptances were emailed yesterday, I have a feeling we're going to have some thin envelopes waiting at our permanent addresses in 3-5 days.




I really hope you are wrong and we could all get accepted. I dont want to wait for 5 days in agony only to find that i am being rejected.

cstan
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cstan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 pm

In on 12/13! Do we know anything about BC and scholarship money?

hurricane12345
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hurricane12345 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 pm

cstan wrote:In on 12/13! Do we know anything about BC and scholarship money?


+1 also curious. If you click the link to financial aid on the video, it gives aid info for last year and it looks like scholarship decisions began in January. Can anyone accepted last year verify when decisions came out and how (email, letter) ?

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby bostonlawchick » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:04 pm

hurricane12345 wrote:
cstan wrote:In on 12/13! Do we know anything about BC and scholarship money?


+1 also curious. If you click the link to financial aid on the video, it gives aid info for last year and it looks like scholarship decisions began in January. Can anyone accepted last year verify when decisions came out and how (email, letter) ?


I got my financial aid info in March, the info went up on agora which is bc's portal thing. This could also be because I got in late (February) and because my aid was a combo of need/merit.

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby tadlbb » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Has anyone established if its a good/bad thing to update multiple times with no decision? I went UR on 12/7 and just updated to today's date still UR.

Ec84
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Ec84 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:39 pm

tadlbb wrote:Has anyone established if its a good/bad thing to update multiple times with no decision? I went UR on 12/7 and just updated to today's date still UR.


Not sure, I went UR 12/6 and still no movement...

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby stillwater » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Ec84 wrote:
tadlbb wrote:Has anyone established if its a good/bad thing to update multiple times with no decision? I went UR on 12/7 and just updated to today's date still UR.


Not sure, I went UR 12/6 and still no movement...


I am not sure what the logic of the updates. I updated 3 times under review, the last time being 12/6 and still nothing in terms of a decision.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby puremorning » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 pm

shumon wrote:
puremorning wrote:
shumon wrote:Anyone have their decision rendered on 12/14? I am freaking out right now.


Yeah, I just posted about that. Seeing as all the acceptances were emailed yesterday, I have a feeling we're going to have some thin envelopes waiting at our permanent addresses in 3-5 days.




I really hope you are wrong and we could all get accepted. I dont want to wait for 5 days in agony only to find that i am being rejected.


You're right, I'm sorry for being so negative. I always try to prepare for the worst.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: genjustice, YoungSimba and 8 guests