Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby top30man » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:13 pm

crabcakes wrote:
hurricane12345 wrote:Just logged into Status Checker, says Decision Rendered (12/8)!!! Here is what it says exactly:

A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School by the Admissions Committee. A decision letter will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service within 3-5 days from the Decision Status Date and will be sent to your current address.

Best,

Boston College Law School

Admissions office


I am almost certainly a reject/WL candidate, and if I remember correctly on LSN for last year's data there were quite a few rejections along with the acceptances in the first batch of letters that year. But BC is definitely my first choice, so...

Here's to hoping! Good luck to everyone


+1! yay! i went from UR 10/6 - decision 12/8.

Decision yesterday for me as well.

ionoiforgot
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:24 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby ionoiforgot » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:16 pm

So it begins.

bostonlaw0514
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby bostonlaw0514 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:04 pm

i applied 11/21, file was complete a few days later, and on 12/1 my file is being reviewed. it seems like it took some of you a while to go under review and i'm a little curious as to why mine went under review so quickly. Any reason why it would go under review so quickly? Could this be a bad thing?

Leighmak
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Leighmak » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:09 pm

.
Last edited by Leighmak on Wed May 16, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane12345
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hurricane12345 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Does anyone know how BC typically sends rejections (via snail mail or email)? It seems like some schools that send letters of acceptances in the mail will reject other people via email, but I don't know if this is considered a general trend.

I'm trying to keep positive about this letter being mailed to me :)

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:58 pm

hurricane12345 wrote:Does anyone know how BC typically sends rejections (via snail mail or email)? It seems like some schools that send letters of acceptances in the mail will reject other people via email, but I don't know if this is considered a general trend.

I'm trying to keep positive about this letter being mailed to me :)


They may be doing it differently this year, but last year I was accepted via email. This was also in March though, so maybe they change depending on the time of year as well.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby stillwater » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm

I was hoping for some more decisions today, probably looking unlikely at this point.

hurricane12345
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hurricane12345 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Looking through last the thread for last year, looks like the first batch of people were a mix of Acceptance/WL/Hold/Denial.

Everyone received the same message saying decision rendered & letter mailed in 3-5, but acceptances came in via email a few days later and those that received an actual letter were WL/Hold/Denial.

Of course, this is a small sample size, but that seemed to be the initial trend for last year anyways.

Leighmak
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Leighmak » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:39 pm

.
Last edited by Leighmak on Wed May 16, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane12345
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby hurricane12345 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Leighmak wrote:
hurricane12345 wrote:Looking through last the thread for last year, looks like the first batch of people were a mix of Acceptance/WL/Hold/Denial.

Everyone received the same message saying decision rendered & letter mailed in 3-5, but acceptances came in via email a few days later and those that received an actual letter were WL/Hold/Denial.

Of course, this is a small sample size, but that seemed to be the initial trend for last year anyways.


I feel like that was a rather torturous way to go about things. Make the rejected people wait longer in anticipation. I hope they've re-thought that process a bit.


+1

Also, to correct my post above, the people last year who were accepted received their email video acceptance the day after their "Decision Rendered" date. So for us 12/8 people, if trends continue from last year....that means we should get an email today, otherwise bad news in the mail :?

gdh
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby gdh » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Decision mailed. I'll be in Hawaii for work next week when it arrives so I wont see this for 8 days... my wait continues!

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:56 pm

hurricane12345 wrote:
Leighmak wrote:
hurricane12345 wrote:Looking through last the thread for last year, looks like the first batch of people were a mix of Acceptance/WL/Hold/Denial.

Everyone received the same message saying decision rendered & letter mailed in 3-5, but acceptances came in via email a few days later and those that received an actual letter were WL/Hold/Denial.

Of course, this is a small sample size, but that seemed to be the initial trend for last year anyways.


I feel like that was a rather torturous way to go about things. Make the rejected people wait longer in anticipation. I hope they've re-thought that process a bit.


+1

Also, to correct my post above, the people last year who were accepted received their email video acceptance the day after their "Decision Rendered" date. So for us 12/8 people, if trends continue from last year....that means we should get an email today, otherwise bad news in the mail :?


If this is the case, then I would assume someone would verify that this is the case this year by posting that they received this email?

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby 46nyc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 pm

I just went back and read too many pages of the BC applicants for class of 2014 thread and yeah, the accepted people got an email saying congratulations the day after their status checker changed to Decision Rendered. But who knows, maybe they aren't doing the emails this year? Here's the thread. Original Decision Rendered statuses went out on Wednesday 12/1, people started getting the rejection letters Friday 12/3 (I think), other people got Decision Rendered statuses on Monday 12/6 and got the acceptance email 12/7. I didn't keep reading long enough to find out if all people with the first day of Decision Rendered statuses were rejected, or if they got the email a few days late... the thread is seriously depressing since all the rejections came out first!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133172&hilit=boston+college+applicants+2014&start=150

thesteelers
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:06 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby thesteelers » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Aw, while I study for my finals, the next crop of BC 1Ls is baking in the oven. Good luck guys, let me know if you have questions. I remember when this was me last year.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:22 pm

46nyc wrote:I just went back and read too many pages of the BC applicants for class of 2014 thread and yeah, the accepted people got an email saying congratulations the day after their status checker changed to Decision Rendered. But who knows, maybe they aren't doing the emails this year? Here's the thread. Original Decision Rendered statuses went out on Wednesday 12/1, people started getting the rejection letters Friday 12/3 (I think), other people got Decision Rendered statuses on Monday 12/6 and got the acceptance email 12/7. I didn't keep reading long enough to find out if all people with the first day of Decision Rendered statuses were rejected, or if they got the email a few days late... the thread is seriously depressing since all the rejections came out first!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133172&hilit=boston+college+applicants+2014&start=150



I read a few pages of that threat too, and i didn't see any mention of day after emails from acceptances???!! could you please show me one in specific?
EDIT: never mind, i see after 12/6. I was looking after 12/1

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby 46nyc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:29 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
46nyc wrote:I just went back and read too many pages of the BC applicants for class of 2014 thread and yeah, the accepted people got an email saying congratulations the day after their status checker changed to Decision Rendered. But who knows, maybe they aren't doing the emails this year? Here's the thread. Original Decision Rendered statuses went out on Wednesday 12/1, people started getting the rejection letters Friday 12/3 (I think), other people got Decision Rendered statuses on Monday 12/6 and got the acceptance email 12/7. I didn't keep reading long enough to find out if all people with the first day of Decision Rendered statuses were rejected, or if they got the email a few days late... the thread is seriously depressing since all the rejections came out first!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133172&hilit=boston+college+applicants+2014&start=150



I read a few pages of that threat too, and i didn't see any mention of day after emails from acceptances???!! could you please show me one in specific?
EDIT: never mind, i see after 12/6. I was looking after 12/1



viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133172&hilit=boston+college+applicants+2014&start=350

That link is to page 15. Kiwi917 posts on Tuesday 12/7 that they got an acceptance email that morning after going to Decision Rendered 12/6.. It's pretty hard to follow all of the different people with the different dates in there

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:32 pm

46nyc wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:
46nyc wrote:I just went back and read too many pages of the BC applicants for class of 2014 thread and yeah, the accepted people got an email saying congratulations the day after their status checker changed to Decision Rendered. But who knows, maybe they aren't doing the emails this year? Here's the thread. Original Decision Rendered statuses went out on Wednesday 12/1, people started getting the rejection letters Friday 12/3 (I think), other people got Decision Rendered statuses on Monday 12/6 and got the acceptance email 12/7. I didn't keep reading long enough to find out if all people with the first day of Decision Rendered statuses were rejected, or if they got the email a few days late... the thread is seriously depressing since all the rejections came out first!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133172&hilit=boston+college+applicants+2014&start=150



I read a few pages of that threat too, and i didn't see any mention of day after emails from acceptances???!! could you please show me one in specific?
EDIT: never mind, i see after 12/6. I was looking after 12/1



viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133172&hilit=boston+college+applicants+2014&start=350

That link is to page 15. Kiwi917 posts on Tuesday 12/7 that they got an acceptance email that morning after going to Decision Rendered 12/6.. It's pretty hard to follow all of the different people with the different dates in there


yeah, i see. i guess all we can do now is wait...

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby 46nyc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Oh okay! Actually I just noticed then that the guy with the taco picture for his avatar had Decision Rendered 12/4 and didn't get the acceptance email til 12/7.

And scruffs mcguff had Decision Rendered 12/5 and got the email 12/7. So maybe they are just waiting a few days to send out the emails.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby catholicgirl » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Trying not panic. Applied early September, went complete at beginning of october, under review for a while. 165/3.91. Am so not freaking out right now. At all.

I WANT MY DECISION PLEASE THANKS

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Take Two » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 pm

still at 12/7 review here.

Best of luck to everyone, but especially those with letters imminent!

mooseman2216
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:21 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mooseman2216 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:22 am

current status date updated to 12/12... WHAT DOES IT MEAN!

applied mid october

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mijenks » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 am

mooseman2216 wrote:current status date updated to 12/12... WHAT DOES IT MEAN!

applied mid october

Mine too. Original under review date was 11/2.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby law2015 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:42 am

My status also changed to 12/12, previously i was under review 10/24. I also noticed that the top of the page where it previously said that decision should come in approximately 8-12 weeks is now blank.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 am

mijenks wrote:
mooseman2216 wrote:current status date updated to 12/12... WHAT DOES IT MEAN!

applied mid october

Mine too. Original under review date was 11/2.


Does it say decision rendered?

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mijenks » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
mijenks wrote:
mooseman2216 wrote:current status date updated to 12/12... WHAT DOES IT MEAN!

applied mid october

Mine too. Original under review date was 11/2.


Does it say decision rendered?

No, it still says "being reviewed"




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayylmao, dmc1275, ellielaw, Jellypyoo, katthegreat11, monotonemr, ohgosh, oliviaj_j, tparty and 45 guests