Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Sunneklaas
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Sunneklaas » Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 am

Anyone attending the June 22nd Off-campus housing fair? Ill be in Newton this Fall and am def gonna be looking to nab a place with a roommate or two to split up the costs... Haven't been able to login to BC's roommate finder though so just throwin it out there

allmodcons
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby allmodcons » Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 am

.
Last edited by allmodcons on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruz
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Bruz » Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 am

I got scholly info on Monday, but I also emailed them as soon as I heard on Friday asking for Scholarship money and the other offers I had.

User avatar
mwels7070
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:18 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mwels7070 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Sunneklaas wrote:Anyone attending the June 22nd Off-campus housing fair? Ill be in Newton this Fall and am def gonna be looking to nab a place with a roommate or two to split up the costs... Haven't been able to login to BC's roommate finder though so just throwin it out there



I will be there as well. I have had problems with the roommate finder as well, and seeing how I am out in Colorado, it makes more sense for me to wait until then to see the area. Hopefully there will some decent places left

aad05001
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby aad05001 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 am

Those of you who got off the WL, did you get calls prior to it? Also, did you tour the campus and/or submit LOCI(s)?

I am touring tomorrow, but since it's an exam week all they have is self-guided tours...From the sounds of it they aren't admitting many off of the WL this year but who knows.

User avatar
Sunneklaas
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Sunneklaas » Wed May 02, 2012 10:16 am

mwels7070 wrote:
Sunneklaas wrote:Anyone attending the June 22nd Off-campus housing fair? Ill be in Newton this Fall and am def gonna be looking to nab a place with a roommate or two to split up the costs... Haven't been able to login to BC's roommate finder though so just throwin it out there



I will be there as well. I have had problems with the roommate finder as well, and seeing how I am out in Colorado, it makes more sense for me to wait until then to see the area. Hopefully there will some decent places left


I'll second that I'm not coming from quite as far but certainly far enough (CHI).

Mizz
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Mizz » Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 am

aad05001 wrote:Those of you who got off the WL, did you get calls prior to it? Also, did you tour the campus and/or submit LOCI(s)?

I am touring tomorrow, but since it's an exam week all they have is self-guided tours...From the sounds of it they aren't admitting many off of the WL this year but who knows.


Got a call Monday, received an acceptance today off the WL. Never toured but I did submit a LOCI.

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby freaknroll » Wed May 02, 2012 11:38 am

Mizz wrote:
aad05001 wrote:Those of you who got off the WL, did you get calls prior to it? Also, did you tour the campus and/or submit LOCI(s)?

I am touring tomorrow, but since it's an exam week all they have is self-guided tours...From the sounds of it they aren't admitting many off of the WL this year but who knows.


Got a call Monday, received an acceptance today off the WL. Never toured but I did submit a LOCI.


How did you find out you got in?

Mizz
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Mizz » Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 am

freaknroll wrote:
Mizz wrote:
aad05001 wrote:Those of you who got off the WL, did you get calls prior to it? Also, did you tour the campus and/or submit LOCI(s)?

I am touring tomorrow, but since it's an exam week all they have is self-guided tours...From the sounds of it they aren't admitting many off of the WL this year but who knows.


Got a call Monday, received an acceptance today off the WL. Never toured but I did submit a LOCI.


How did you find out you got in?


Video via email

GBURGLAW
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby GBURGLAW » Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 pm

I just got in today as well (off of the waitlist) via video email. I'm torn between Fordham and BC now.. anyone have any advice?? Fordham has given me 5k (basically nothing) and I haven't heard anything from BC yet, obviously. I'm also interested (for now, at least) in BigLaw and I'm inclined to think that BC does a better job than Fordham at placing it students into BigLaw. Thoughts?

User avatar
Sunneklaas
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Sunneklaas » Wed May 02, 2012 2:49 pm

GBURGLAW wrote:I just got in today as well (off of the waitlist) via video email. I'm torn between Fordham and BC now.. anyone have any advice?? Fordham has given me 5k (basically nothing) and I haven't heard anything from BC yet, obviously. I'm also interested (for now, at least) in BigLaw and I'm inclined to think that BC does a better job than Fordham at placing it students into BigLaw. Thoughts?



What were your numbers if you dont mind me asking because I got accepted two weeks ago and got my scholly info last week...It was way more than I was expecting with my numbers below 25% GPA but above 75% LSAT for BC so theres hope

User avatar
mwels7070
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:18 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mwels7070 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:14 pm

GBURGLAW wrote:I just got in today as well (off of the waitlist) via video email. I'm torn between Fordham and BC now.. anyone have any advice?? Fordham has given me 5k (basically nothing) and I haven't heard anything from BC yet, obviously. I'm also interested (for now, at least) in BigLaw and I'm inclined to think that BC does a better job than Fordham at placing it students into BigLaw. Thoughts?



Do you want to work in NY? If you do, then Fordham is probably the better choice, but you would need to distinguish yourself at Fordham.

The reason I picked BC over a few other schools is because of how well they place in Big Law in Boston. I know a few recent graduates and they said that networking and landing interviews has been relatively painless for them.

Nationwide, I am not positive, but in my own opinion, I feel BC is a stronger national name. I wouldnt factor in the scholly at all because in the grand scheme of things, what is 5K when you are about to go in 150K of debt regardless?

Hope this helps

sequins
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby sequins » Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Well, dropping BC for Hastings - so good luck - hope someone gets my spot!

greek18
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby greek18 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:02 am

For the people accepted off the wait list, what were your numbers if you don't mind me asking..

Mizz
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Mizz » Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Has anyone that got in off the waitlist gotten the packet in the mail yet?

mrjohnsterman
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mrjohnsterman » Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 pm

I was accepted off the WL this other day and had a bit different experience then it sounds like others did. If anyone on WL has questions they can PM me about how it went down.

Splitteroni
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Splitteroni » Tue May 08, 2012 11:39 am

So I got waitlisted at BC around 2 weeks ago, sent in a LOCI on April 30 and I haven't heard anything back. This is driving me insane because I got very generous scholly offers from UMN and GWU. I want to be in Boston!! Any advice at all would be great.

GoUBears
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby GoUBears » Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am

Splitteroni wrote:So I got waitlisted at BC around 2 weeks ago, sent in a LOCI on April 30 and I haven't heard anything back. This is driving me insane because I got very generous scholly offers from UMN and GWU. I want to be in Boston!! Any advice at all would be great.


Ditto this. Waitlisted in March, submitted a LOCI, and sitting tight ever since. This waiting game is crazy! Suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

greek18
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby greek18 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Same exact thing here. Submitted a LOCI last week and also did a tour this week. So anxious...

Splitteroni
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Splitteroni » Wed May 09, 2012 12:39 pm

greek18 wrote:For the people accepted off the wait list, what were your numbers if you don't mind me asking..



+1

Splitteroni
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Splitteroni » Wed May 09, 2012 2:28 pm

In via phone call just now, wooohooo...money?? Oh BC please justify me choosing you over GW's offer!!

aad05001
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby aad05001 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm in as well!! Got a phone call from the Assistant Dean around 2:15. Said they'd send an email as well as some stuff in the mail as well.

FWIW:

Applied: 1/23
Waitlist email: 4/5
LOCI: 5/7
Admit Call = 5/9

I have 3 years WE in the insurance industry which I showed how it would help me in law school and there after. LOCI i made sure to tell them i'd attend if admitted, which I will hold true to. I am also a MA resident if that makes a difference.

GPA = 3.7
LSAT = Cancel; 158; 161

Still am in shock, but I'll be in Chestnut Hill next year!

GoUBears
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby GoUBears » Wed May 09, 2012 3:37 pm

aad05001 wrote:I'm in as well!! Got a phone call from the Assistant Dean around 2:15. Said they'd send an email as well as some stuff in the mail as well.

FWIW:

Applied: 1/23
Waitlist email: 4/5
LOCI: 5/7
Admit Call = 5/9

I have 3 years WE in the insurance industry which I showed how it would help me in law school and there after. LOCI i made sure to tell them i'd attend if admitted, which I will hold true to. I am also a MA resident if that makes a difference.

GPA = 3.7
LSAT = Cancel; 158; 161

Still am in shock, but I'll be in Chestnut Hill next year!


Congrats! And thanks for that additional info. That's very helpful. Hopefully I will get a similar call and can join you next year! :)

greek18
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby greek18 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Accepted off the wait list today. Absolutely ecstatic. My top choice by far. In by phone as well.

Splitteroni
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Splitteroni » Wed May 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Congrats everybody!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”