Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mahayes99
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:54 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mahayes99 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Third UR 3/30 just in the past week- what are they waiting for??

ohcanada
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby ohcanada » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Has anyone whose received scholarship information also heard of anything on need based aid as well? I emailed them but haven't received anything back, just wondering if having scholarship nullifies need based aid.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby sdphill » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 am

ohcanada wrote:Has anyone whose received scholarship information also heard of anything on need based aid as well? I emailed them but haven't received anything back, just wondering if having scholarship nullifies need based aid.


Not me..

cbcoop
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:04 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cbcoop » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:12 am

ohcanada wrote:Has anyone whose received scholarship information also heard of anything on need based aid as well? I emailed them but haven't received anything back, just wondering if having scholarship nullifies need based aid.


I spoke with a lady in the financial aid department about this last week. She said that a substantial merit based scholarship would waive one's eligibility for a need based grant. Students who have large merit scholarships but who still qualify for need based aid will nevertheless have their financial aid packages "rounded out" with low interest Perkins and BC law school loans.

Where the line is actually drawn may be evaluated on a case by case basis, but to give you an idea of what the magic number may be, I was originally awarded $15k per year (about two months ago) of merit and when my financial aid was complete on Agora portal, it was increased to $20k per year. And they still gave me small amounts of Perkins and BC law school loans as well. Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect! (By the way, I expected to be eligible for more money in need based form than merit).

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 am

on the waitlist but my status checker wa s just updated with first deposit 0000

aad05001
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby aad05001 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 am

How long did it take BC to notify most people of a decision? I'm stuck at 1/23 (my first UR), which is about 10 weeks. I got that same deposit thing as everyone else, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything...

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 am

ding via email

User avatar
cch24
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cch24 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:48 pm

I can finally review my Financial Aid Awards on Agora. With my scholarship and the amount of loans they offer me it still doesn't equal the full cost of attendance. I can't figure out what's going on with that, but I'll probably withdraw in the next couple of days.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:12 am

"Decision rendered" this morning.

Burton8219
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Burton8219 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 am

Stuck on 2nd UR from 3/9

User avatar
Munchkin318
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Munchkin318 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:01 am

mcdeeremitch and cogitoergosum when did you apply? Just wondering how long it took to get a decision and which batch is getting decisions this week.
Feels like I've been waiting forever for what is probably bad news!

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 am

Munchkin318 wrote:mcdeeremitch and cogitoergosum when did you apply? Just wondering how long it took to get a decision and which batch is getting decisions this week.
Feels like I've been waiting forever for what is probably bad news!


I applied 1/18 and went complete around 1/20...

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 am

I applied in early January.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

I haven't been keeping up with the BC process - does the fact that they're mailing my decision and not emailing it tell me anything?

User avatar
martorem
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby martorem » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:34 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the BC process - does the fact that they're mailing my decision and not emailing it tell me anything?


If you're accepted they send a video email the same day (usually). I got mine about an hour after I had DR on the status checker. Good luck!!

User avatar
MyPrecious
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby MyPrecious » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:48 pm

"Decision Rendered" today on Status Checker

Acceptance email about an hour ago. Went to my spam box

Submitted 1/19

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:52 pm

MyPrecious wrote:"Decision Rendered" today on Status Checker

Acceptance email about an hour ago. Went to my spam box

Submitted 1/19

+1

ninjaunderwear
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby ninjaunderwear » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:52 am

Decision rendered via tracker today. Nothing in email or spam yet.

User avatar
Munchkin318
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Munchkin318 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

I applied 2/06, almost a full month after everyone getting decisions. Hopefully that doesn't mean waiting another month for an answer... :?

ninjaunderwear
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby ninjaunderwear » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 am

Munchkin318 wrote:I applied 2/06, almost a full month after everyone getting decisions. Hopefully that doesn't mean waiting another month for an answer... :?

I applied 1/17 and had my second or third UR on 3/30

Right now my tracker says this, "A decision has been made on your application to Boston College Law School by the Admissions Committee. It will be sent via e-mail.

Best
Boston College Law School"

Fingers crossed.

ninjaunderwear
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby ninjaunderwear » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 am

ninjaunderwear wrote:
Munchkin318 wrote:I applied 2/06, almost a full month after everyone getting decisions. Hopefully that doesn't mean waiting another month for an answer... :?

I applied 1/17 and had my second or third UR on 3/30

Right now my tracker says this, "A decision has been made on your application to Boston College Law School by the Admissions Committee. It will be sent via e-mail.

Best
Boston College Law School"

Fingers crossed.

Nope, that message meant a ding via e-mail. Bummer.

User avatar
Munchkin318
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby Munchkin318 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:02 pm

ninjaunderwear wrote:
ninjaunderwear wrote:
Munchkin318 wrote:I applied 2/06, almost a full month after everyone getting decisions. Hopefully that doesn't mean waiting another month for an answer... :?

I applied 1/17 and had my second or third UR on 3/30

Right now my tracker says this, "A decision has been made on your application to Boston College Law School by the Admissions Committee. It will be sent via e-mail.

Best
Boston College Law School"

Fingers crossed.

Nope, that message meant a ding via e-mail. Bummer.


Too bad :( We have similar stats though so I expect the same. I just have to wait a little while longer for it..

ohcanada
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby ohcanada » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Has anyone tired to negotiate their scholarship? I sent an appeal to the financial aid office but haven't received a reply.

airbear1012
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby airbear1012 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:51 pm

ohcanada wrote:Has anyone tired to negotiate their scholarship? I sent an appeal to the financial aid office but haven't received a reply.


I just sent them an email about it a few days ago. Haven't heard back but hoping that they will send me a response soon so that I can make my decision.

User avatar
rich_4
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants 2011-2012 Cycle, c/o2015

Postby rich_4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm sure this has already been answered... but does merit scholarship info come via e-mail or snail mail? Thanks.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests