William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:56 pm

rdshore wrote:Created my user name a long time ago but this is my first post.

Applied 12/14
Complete 12/19

not expecting much as W&M is a reach school for me, but of course I would love to see that admit packet mailed message.

What are your stats?

User avatar
rdshore
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby rdshore » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Cornelius wrote:
rdshore wrote:Created my user name a long time ago but this is my first post.

Applied 12/14
Complete 12/19

not expecting much as W&M is a reach school for me, but of course I would love to see that admit packet mailed message.

What are your stats?


3.58 (3.72) and 161. Like I said not expecting much. I would be perfectly happy being waitlisted.

I like to think I have good softs, but I know that can only count for so much.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:21 am

rdshore wrote:3.58 (3.72) and 161. Like I said not expecting much. I would be perfectly happy being waitlisted.

I like to think I have good softs, but I know that can only count for so much.

That is a bit of a reach. Have you considered retaking the LSAT? You've got a decent GPA, and 4 or 5 points could really help you out.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 am

Officially withdrawn. I love you W&M.

User avatar
rdshore
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby rdshore » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Cornelius wrote:
rdshore wrote:3.58 (3.72) and 161. Like I said not expecting much. I would be perfectly happy being waitlisted.

I like to think I have good softs, but I know that can only count for so much.

That is a bit of a reach. Have you considered retaking the LSAT? You've got a decent GPA, and 4 or 5 points could really help you out.


I know I can improve my score, but i feel like it is a little late for that. Considering my LSAT experience was a nightmare, I would rather not take it again.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:12 pm

still at 12/7 167 3.7

goblue99
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby goblue99 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:49 pm

i'm in already, and had a missed call from an unknown number today. i googled it and it was from the w&m dean's office, but no voicemail...do i just hope they call me back again??

northside
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby northside » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:19 pm

goblue99 wrote:i'm in already, and had a missed call from an unknown number today. i googled it and it was from the w&m dean's office, but no voicemail...do i just hope they call me back again??


Don't fret. I was thinking it was an acceptence to a fellowship and dropped everything to answer the call and pulled over and put my hazards on. It ended up being a student wondering if I had any questions about life at W&M. She was super helpful. I love just about everything about W&M except the geography.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ashley12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 pm

For anybody who got asked by W&M to submit fall grades (or anyone who is not an idiot like me and knows the answer to my question):

Do we need to do it through the CAS again or should we have a transcript sent from our school directly to each school's admissions office? I really want my schools to get my new grades ASAP since it's decision makin' seaon. W&M didn't ask for mine, but I am going to send them anyways.

User avatar
Redclh
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:14 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Redclh » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:46 pm

ashley12 wrote:For anybody who got asked by W&M to submit fall grades (or anyone who is not an idiot like me and knows the answer to my question):

Do we need to do it through the CAS again or should we have a transcript sent from our school directly to each school's admissions office? I really want my schools to get my new grades ASAP since it's decision makin' seaon. W&M didn't ask for mine, but I am going to send them anyways.


Most schools say that you need to do it through LSAC (don't know of any who don't). And since most schools say it, might as well do it for all, since they will auto-send the new report for you.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ashley12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Redclh wrote:
ashley12 wrote:For anybody who got asked by W&M to submit fall grades (or anyone who is not an idiot like me and knows the answer to my question):

Do we need to do it through the CAS again or should we have a transcript sent from our school directly to each school's admissions office? I really want my schools to get my new grades ASAP since it's decision makin' seaon. W&M didn't ask for mine, but I am going to send them anyways.


Most schools say that you need to do it through LSAC (don't know of any who don't). And since most schools say it, might as well do it for all, since they will auto-send the new report for you.



Ok. Wish there was a quicker way. I'm sure my school won't be sending that off until after the New Year so it'll be awhile. I shouldn't even care that much since it's not too much of a change and my GPA has never been the problem.... but you know... crazy and all because of decisions yet to be made. Thanks for the help!

vto35
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby vto35 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Just got my admit package yesterday =)

User avatar
cch24
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cch24 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:18 pm

vto35 wrote:Just got my admit package yesterday =)


I got mine today. $12,000/year OOS. Was hoping for a bit more, but any penny is welcome.

vto35
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby vto35 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 pm

cch24 wrote:
vto35 wrote:Just got my admit package yesterday =)


I got mine today. $12,000/year OOS. Was hoping for a bit more, but any penny is welcome.


yea i got 14K/year - which basically means wave the out of state fee...their package is a little low for similar ranked schools

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:24 pm

vto35 wrote:
cch24 wrote:
vto35 wrote:Just got my admit package yesterday =)


I got mine today. $12,000/year OOS. Was hoping for a bit more, but any penny is welcome.


yea i got 14K/year - which basically means wave the out of state fee...their package is a little low for similar ranked schools


I only got 6k a year which doesn't even waive the OOS fee. I was sad to see that.

goblue99
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby goblue99 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm

northside wrote:
goblue99 wrote:i'm in already, and had a missed call from an unknown number today. i googled it and it was from the w&m dean's office, but no voicemail...do i just hope they call me back again??


Don't fret. I was thinking it was an acceptence to a fellowship and dropped everything to answer the call and pulled over and put my hazards on. It ended up being a student wondering if I had any questions about life at W&M. She was super helpful. I love just about everything about W&M except the geography.



yea i've never actually been to the state of virginia soo i'm looking forward to being further swayed on admitted student day! haha

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby coldshoulder » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm hoping to negotiate. $8k from them, and $25k from Washington and Lee, which is only ranked 3 spots lower.

User avatar
rich_4
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby rich_4 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 pm

goblue99 wrote:
northside wrote:
goblue99 wrote:i'm in already, and had a missed call from an unknown number today. i googled it and it was from the w&m dean's office, but no voicemail...do i just hope they call me back again??


Don't fret. I was thinking it was an acceptence to a fellowship and dropped everything to answer the call and pulled over and put my hazards on. It ended up being a student wondering if I had any questions about life at W&M. She was super helpful. I love just about everything about W&M except the geography.



yea i've never actually been to the state of virginia soo i'm looking forward to being further swayed on admitted student day! haha



Virginia is unquestionably the best state.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby vissidarte27 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:00 am

rich_4 wrote:
goblue99 wrote:
northside wrote:
goblue99 wrote:i'm in already, and had a missed call from an unknown number today. i googled it and it was from the w&m dean's office, but no voicemail...do i just hope they call me back again??


Don't fret. I was thinking it was an acceptence to a fellowship and dropped everything to answer the call and pulled over and put my hazards on. It ended up being a student wondering if I had any questions about life at W&M. She was super helpful. I love just about everything about W&M except the geography.



yea i've never actually been to the state of virginia soo i'm looking forward to being further swayed on admitted student day! haha



Virginia is unquestionably the best state.


+1.

User avatar
EMH99
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby EMH99 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:09 am

Ughh.. W&M is amazing. I spent a week there over summer a few years back. This waiting is killing me, especially seeing all the acceptances on LSN. Good luck to all. Anyone know when the next round of decisions will be?

goblue99
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby goblue99 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Virginia is unquestionably the best state.[/quote]

+1.[/quote]

this is a serious question...how southern is virginia culturally though?

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby laxbrah420 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:32 pm

The north is pretty northern and everywhere else is Georgia

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:16 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:The north is pretty northern and everywhere else is Georgia


As someone that just visited Virginia for the first time, I can say with the confidence that this is the credited response.

User avatar
BeerMaker
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby BeerMaker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:39 pm

JoeMo wrote:
vto35 wrote:
cch24 wrote:
vto35 wrote:Just got my admit package yesterday =)


I got mine today. $12,000/year OOS. Was hoping for a bit more, but any penny is welcome.


yea i got 14K/year - which basically means wave the out of state fee...their package is a little low for similar ranked schools


I only got 6k a year which doesn't even waive the OOS fee. I was sad to see that.



Doesn't sound like scholarships have been incredibly generous. I guess with a 166/3.4 I will be luck to even be admitted. Bummer.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

BeerMaker wrote:Doesn't sound like scholarships have been incredibly generous. I guess with a 166/3.4 I will be luck to even be admitted. Bummer.


They have a pretty low tuition already and some of them have been generous given that. I have a 164 so that might've played into it. Also, it seems like they're just playing "pin the number on the dot" because people with similar numbers to each other have gotten offers on completely different ends of the spectrum.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”