William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
eleventhnight
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby eleventhnight » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:39 am

hadisious wrote:
otnemem wrote:Applied 11/22, complete 12/3, in 12/5. I'm abroad at the moment so I'll have to call my parents to see if there is any $$ in my package. This is my first acceptance so I was fairly excited/happy to get such a quick turnaround. Good luck to those still waiting.


3.7x / 175

Congratulations and great scores. Sounds like you were an auto-admit! I'd expect a fair sized scholarship package.


Hahaha, seriously! I'm sure you'll be getting loads of $$$!

But does anybody know if W&M caps out their scholarship at 60k? I don't think I've seen any numbers higher than that on LSN.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 am

in. applied 11/28.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 am

congrats new admits!! See you all at ASW!

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:45 am

Are you all getting in today via snail mail, or status checker?

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:51 am

hadisious wrote:Are you all getting in today via snail mail, or status checker?


I received a congratulatory e-mail this morning. I just logged-on to status checker, and it still says "Complete/Will Send Decision By April 1," but there is now a "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" for 12/06 under mailings. I'm 100% positive that was not there yesterday as of 6:45 PM on 12/07.

User avatar
calverna
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby calverna » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:45 am

Acceptance e-mail this morning as well - Status Checker still says "Complete/Will Send Decision by April 1" but like the poster above, my mailings now indicate "Congratulations! Admit Packed Mailed 12/07/2010" - which is new.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:50 am

calverna wrote:Acceptance e-mail this morning as well - Status Checker still says "Complete/Will Send Decision by April 1" but like the poster above, my mailings now indicate "Congratulations! Admit Packed Mailed 12/07/2010" - which is new.


FWIW - This is the way most have been finding out. Is the mailings portion of the status checker.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby EMZE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Accepted via e-mail. Haven't bothered checking the status checker, but I imagine it will say the same. Below 25% GPA above 75% LSAT, but have softs that W&M usuallly gives great weight to.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby minnbills » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:congrats new admits!! See you all at ASW!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Take Two » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Congrats!

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 pm

EMZE wrote:Accepted via e-mail. Haven't bothered checking the status checker, but I imagine it will say the same. Below 25% GPA above 75% LSAT, but have softs that W&M usuallly gives great weight to.


Nice! I remember you were worried for a bit, but it all worked out!

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Oftranch » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm

This may be a bit off topic for this thread but I am interested in hearing some opinions from people who have been accepted to W&M as well as other schools... I haven't been able to visit the school yet and get a feel for it yet but want to know what do you think is W&M biggest weakness? Essentially, why will some of you turn down W&M to go elsewhere (I have been accepted but by no means am I committed to going anywhere yet)?

User avatar
calverna
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby calverna » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Oftranch wrote:This may be a bit off topic for this thread but I am interested in hearing some opinions from people who have been accepted to W&M as well as other schools... I haven't been able to visit the school yet and get a feel for it yet but want to know what do you think is W&M biggest weakness? Essentially, why will some of you turn down W&M to go elsewhere (I have been accepted but by no means am I committed to going anywhere yet)?


It's all individual preference. W&M has a good reputation for having an excellent faculty and for producing excellent legal minds - it's considered more affordable than many other law schools and has a relatively small class size (class of 2014 is only 217 students). Plus their campus has a reputation for being beautiful (not a real big concern either way but hey). But if I end up getting accepted to my top pick, or a higher ranked / top 20 school that's where I'll be going.

If rankings aren't a big factor for you, W&M is a pretty great choice.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Cornelius wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:Yea, I'm just accepting rejection at this point

167 / 3.44
Submitted 11/2
Complete 11/7

Status has never changed at all since has everyone else has come and gone in multiple waves

+2

170/3.3
Submitted 10/26
Complete 11/2

Don't give up yet. It doesn't make much sense, numbers-wise, if you don't get in (both of you).

User avatar
brickman
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:59 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby brickman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:14 pm

.
Last edited by brickman on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:20 am

Oftranch wrote:This may be a bit off topic for this thread but I am interested in hearing some opinions from people who have been accepted to W&M as well as other schools... I haven't been able to visit the school yet and get a feel for it yet but want to know what do you think is W&M biggest weakness? Essentially, why will some of you turn down W&M to go elsewhere (I have been accepted but by no means am I committed to going anywhere yet)?


I'm only not going to W&M because I got accepted to a T14, my #1 choice at that. Otherwise, W&M is where I would've wanted to go. I visited the campus and fell in love.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:18 am

Status: Complete/Will Send Decision By April 1

is this good or bad?

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby minnbills » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 am

confusedlaw wrote:Status: Complete/Will Send Decision By April 1

is this good or bad?


It says that on everyones app

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby 20130312 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am

minnbills wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:Status: Complete/Will Send Decision By April 1

is this good or bad?


It says that on everyones app


Yep, even those that have been admitted already.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Just received W&M's admission packet. The scholarship offer makes W&M very appealing.
Last edited by seahawk32 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vguerra
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby vguerra » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:16 pm

ScoutFinch wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:Yea, I'm just accepting rejection at this point

167 / 3.44
Submitted 11/2
Complete 11/7

Status has never changed at all since has everyone else has come and gone in multiple waves


Yeah, same here. 168/3.19
Submitted 10/17
Complete 10/20


+1

goblue99
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby goblue99 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 pm

i just had a status date change to today, but no update on mailings or actual status...to those of you who this happened to earlier, what happened!? what does this mysterious change mean?

User avatar
brickman
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:59 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby brickman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm

1L here again.

If any of you kids are visiting the campus and want to sit and talk about W&M or have any questions, PM and we can set something up when you come into town.

good luck on your cycles!

User avatar
Bashy
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Bashy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:40 pm

goblue99 wrote:i just had a status date change to today, but no update on mailings or actual status...to those of you who this happened to earlier, what happened!? what does this mysterious change mean?


Mine updated to the current date a few days ago (12/7), and nothing has happened since.

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hookem7 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Went complete 12/1, think I'll have a longer turn around time since I basically am the median.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”