William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
allmodcons
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby allmodcons » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 am

.
Last edited by allmodcons on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mtyler19 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 am

.
Last edited by mtyler19 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jessedvhs
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby jessedvhs » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am

Applied earlier this month. Love the military veteran fee waiver.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby vissidarte27 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am

Submitted today. 166/3.22, in-state. Probably don't have a shot, but I thought it was worth trying anyway.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:30 am

Submitted today.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Is W&M mostly a regional school?

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:17 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:Is W&M mostly a regional school?

I would call anything ranked higher than 16th "mostly" regional. So yes.

User avatar
tryingtowin
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:28 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby tryingtowin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Cornelius wrote:Submitted today.

+1

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:20 pm

got mine in on the 25th

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ThomasMN » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Cornelius wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Is W&M mostly a regional school?

I would call anything ranked higher than 16th "mostly" regional. So yes.


I am assuming you meant to say anything ranked lower than 16th is mostly regional.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:36 pm

ThomasMN wrote:
Cornelius wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Is W&M mostly a regional school?

I would call anything ranked higher than 16th "mostly" regional. So yes.


I am assuming you meant to say anything ranked lower than 16th is mostly regional.

Either way works depending on intent and how you're ordering the list, but what I meant is obvious.17 is still higher numerically than 16, right? Thanks for your contribution.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ThomasMN » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Cornelius wrote:
ThomasMN wrote:
Cornelius wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Is W&M mostly a regional school?

I would call anything ranked higher than 16th "mostly" regional. So yes.


I am assuming you meant to say anything ranked lower than 16th is mostly regional.

Either way works depending on intent and how you're ordering the list, but what I meant is obvious.17 is still higher numerically than 16, right? Thanks for your contribution.


Numerically greater, not ranked higher. I was mostly teasing you, but precision of language is a valuable commodity. Would you ever refer to a TTT school as being "ranked higher" than a tier one? You would be surprised at the people you would have confused with that statement. I admit that most informed people would have deduced your intent from the statement, however, that doesn't make the statement any less wrong.

allmodcons
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby allmodcons » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 am

.
Last edited by allmodcons on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 am

Got my status checker today!

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:58 am

allmodcons wrote:Does W&M actually send out most of their decisions in the spring or is that just what they say?

Look at LSN. Last year, they started admitting people on November 18. LSN lists two or three dozen people accepted on the 18th and 19th, and then a lot more people accepted in early December and January. It looks like they make most of their decisions before the spring.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
allmodcons wrote:Does W&M actually send out most of their decisions in the spring or is that just what they say?

Look at LSN. Last year, they started admitting people on November 18. LSN lists two or three dozen people accepted on the 18th and 19th, and then a lot more people accepted in early December and January. It looks like they make most of their decisions before the spring.


I wish they would just be honest about that.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:08 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:Look at LSN. Last year, they started admitting people on November 18. LSN lists two or three dozen people accepted on the 18th and 19th, and then a lot more people accepted in early December and January. It looks like they make most of their decisions before the spring.


I wish they would just be honest about that.

Well, what they write is perhaps a little misleading, but they don't really lie. Here's what they wrote in my status checker email:

In the William & Mary admission process, some applicants may receive notification early if a decision has been finalized. However, the majority will receive their decision by April 1.

As we know, 'some' is a vague term - for the LSAT, it just means one or more. So the first sentence isn't a lie. And the second sentence is true - the large majority will receive their decision by (i.e., before) April 1.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:22 am

ThomasMN wrote:Numerically greater, not ranked higher. I was mostly teasing you, but precision of language is a valuable commodity. Would you ever refer to a TTT school as being "ranked higher" than a tier one? You would be surprised at the people you would have confused with that statement. I admit that most informed people would have deduced your intent from the statement, however, that doesn't make the statement any less wrong.

:roll: Whatever you say, feel free to troll somewhere else if the intricacies of written language confound you so. "Ranked higher" could equally be taken to mean "ranked with a numerically higher number" just as "ranked lower" could be taken to mean the opposite.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ThomasMN » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Cornelius wrote:
ThomasMN wrote:Numerically greater, not ranked higher. I was mostly teasing you, but precision of language is a valuable commodity. Would you ever refer to a TTT school as being "ranked higher" than a tier one? You would be surprised at the people you would have confused with that statement. I admit that most informed people would have deduced your intent from the statement, however, that doesn't make the statement any less wrong.

:roll: Whatever you say, feel free to troll somewhere else if the intricacies of written language confound you so. "Ranked higher" could equally be taken to mean "ranked with a numerically higher number" just as "ranked lower" could be taken to mean the opposite.


Really...

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:32 pm

status complete 10-28

User avatar
tyro
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby tyro » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Am going to throw my name in the hat with W&M as well. Even wrote a why W&M essay.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7171
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:41 pm

Submitted today. One of seven (at the time of this posting, I have a monopoly on this forum lol).

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 pm

Got my status checker today (although I can't seem to access any of my status checkers, which is kind of annoying/probably a good thing).

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 am

From the email I got today:

"William & Mary has a modified rolling admission process. The majority of applicants will receive their decision by April 1. Some applicants may receive earlier notification if a decision has been finalized. "


I know we've always known this, but it's nice to see them quit the whole "we don't do rolling admissions" line when they definitely do.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2015 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby scottybared » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:16 pm

The mailings section on my W&M status checker just updated with "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" and today's date. Does this mean I'm in? I thought they are usually one of the last schools to make decisions. Anyone else have this?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”