UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 am

gravityrides0 wrote:my decision came awhile ago, but i just wanted to inform everyone that i was in LA and visited UCLA today... it was gorgeous, and students seemed very friendly and happy-- looks like a great place to go to law school!

still sad and confused about being waitlisted considering this: http://ucla.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats :( but i will start writing them LOCI soon and ride the waitlist out I guess... good luck to everyone still in the running!


aw, did you send in a LOCI? DON'T LOSE HOPE! i'm almost surely going to withdraw and i'm sure a bunch of others will. there should be some waitlist action. GOOD LUCK!

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:30 am

Geneva wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:my decision came awhile ago, but i just wanted to inform everyone that i was in LA and visited UCLA today... it was gorgeous, and students seemed very friendly and happy-- looks like a great place to go to law school!

still sad and confused about being waitlisted considering this: http://ucla.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats :( but i will start writing them LOCI soon and ride the waitlist out I guess... good luck to everyone still in the running!


aw, did you send in a LOCI? DON'T LOSE HOPE! i'm almost surely going to withdraw and i'm sure a bunch of others will. there should be some waitlist action. GOOD LUCK!


gravity, one theory is that maybe you got screwed bc of where u went to undergrad. maybe because the schools see a lot of high gpas from your undergrad they are not viewing your 4+ as favorably as the prediction models would expect? otherwise, i have no idea...:/

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:16 am

gravityrides0 wrote:my decision came awhile ago, but i just wanted to inform everyone that i was in LA and visited UCLA today... it was gorgeous, and students seemed very friendly and happy-- looks like a great place to go to law school!

still sad and confused about being waitlisted considering this: http://ucla.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats :( but i will start writing them LOCI soon and ride the waitlist out I guess... good luck to everyone still in the running!


you should schedule another tour, email dean schwartz before hand and set up a meeting, and after your tour hand-deliver another LOCI and sit down and talk with him for a while. my friend and i did this two weeks ago to help him get in off the waitlist. no news yet, but i'm sure it helped his chances a lot to actually shake hands with the dean and express a sincere interest in attending.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks everyone..i will definitely be sending in LOCI soon, and I did speak with an admissions officer. And yes, my situation could be due to my undergrad but I've done all I can to legitimize my gpa... Law.school and grad classes, honors thesis, phi beta kappa, etc... It could just be that other applicants from my school applied earlier and had great LSATs... I hope the LOCIs help!

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby xiaojimu » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:12 pm

any one heard from UCLA recently?
im still waiting...

User avatar
splitsplat
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby splitsplat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Yep, got the complete e-mail back in December and nothing since.

User avatar
DeloresSaidSo
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby DeloresSaidSo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

xiaojimu wrote:any one heard from UCLA recently?
im still waiting...


Yes. I JUST got my acceptance phone call from the Dean on Monday. I was also admitted to the Epstein program. He said there were 500 applicants and they only chose 25. Still somewhat shocked, but very grateful.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:01 am

gravityrides0 wrote:Thanks everyone..i will definitely be sending in LOCI soon, and I did speak with an admissions officer. And yes, my situation could be due to my undergrad but I've done all I can to legitimize my gpa... Law.school and grad classes, honors thesis, phi beta kappa, etc... It could just be that other applicants from my school applied earlier and had great LSATs... I hope the LOCIs help!


rooting for u!

organic muskrat
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby organic muskrat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 am

I am on the waitlist also. So grateful for hope!

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 am

organic muskrat wrote:I am on the waitlist also. So grateful for hope!


yes!!! i'm going to most likely be withdrawing from ucla and other awesome schools and so will tons of other people. even if some schools have an unusually high yield, i anticipate major waitlist action. at last resort, there's always the possibility of a june lsat retake.
NEVER GIVE UP!

organic muskrat
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby organic muskrat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks, Geneva.
Last edited by organic muskrat on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby lrslayer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

I wish i had not toured ucla today. i fell in love. and i am on the waitlist :-(

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:24 pm

lrslayer wrote:I wish i had not toured ucla today. i fell in love. and i am on the waitlist :-(



They should give you my spot.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby lrslayer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
lrslayer wrote:I wish i had not toured ucla today. i fell in love. and i am on the waitlist :-(



They should give you my spot.

Make it happen ;-)

honeynutt
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:17 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby honeynutt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Waitlisted. Riding this one out for sure.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:14 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:
lrslayer wrote:I wish i had not toured ucla today. i fell in love. and i am on the waitlist :-(



They should give you my spot.


I couldn't even get a spot on the tour. :(

jvon
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby jvon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 am

Just recently received my wait list email. Somewhat sad, considering this is my alma mater, and USC was more than happy to take me!

P.S. just got back from Undie Run. Would it be too weird for law students like me next year to do it?

aziazi
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:37 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby aziazi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:42 pm

waitlist :( I wanna go here so bad ..ucla undergrad as well

163/3.81 (3.92)

User avatar
barrotmartin
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby barrotmartin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Sorry to hear about all these WL's today. :| Do you mind posting your complete date?

aziazi
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:37 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby aziazi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm

barrotmartin wrote:Sorry to hear about all these WL's today. :| Do you mind posting your complete date?


I don't remember my exact complete date but I applied 1/16 and got the waitlist email 3/9

backwards54
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby backwards54 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:41 am

aziazi wrote:
barrotmartin wrote:Sorry to hear about all these WL's today. :| Do you mind posting your complete date?


I don't remember my exact complete date but I applied 1/16 and got the waitlist email 3/9


Sorry to hear as well. :/ I applied at the same time than you did (even a bit before). If I haven't gotten anything yet do you think it's a good sign? Or a sign I'll be WL or rejected as well?

joetheplumber
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby joetheplumber » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:49 pm

anybody just receive their provisional financial aid award letter?

der_saeufer
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby der_saeufer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 pm

joetheplumber wrote:anybody just receive their provisional financial aid award letter?


Yep.
Last edited by der_saeufer on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

aziazi
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:37 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby aziazi » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:08 am

backwards54 wrote:
aziazi wrote:
barrotmartin wrote:Sorry to hear about all these WL's today. :| Do you mind posting your complete date?


I don't remember my exact complete date but I applied 1/16 and got the waitlist email 3/9


Sorry to hear as well. :/ I applied at the same time than you did (even a bit before). If I haven't gotten anything yet do you think it's a good sign? Or a sign I'll be WL or rejected as well?


I am not sure ..i guess it depends on your numbers. mine are a bit low

randb20
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby randb20 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Is anyone aware of when UCLA starts letting people off the waitlist? Thank you.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], nathjf, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests