UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:Haha, this is what I get for complaining. Waitlist just now.


heheeeee me too. I was about to post in this thread too

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Haha, this is what I get for complaining. Waitlist just now.


heheeeee me too. I was about to post in this thread too

:lol: Glad we care so much. I take this as a sign of my mental health returning.

sports
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby sports » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Waitlisted today via email 3.5 175

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Liquox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm

wl as well, 172/ 3.5... my own alma mater

looks like the love affair is over

User avatar
Ubermaus
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Ubermaus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:02 pm

It's good to know all us awesome people are on the waitlist, except you all are so awesome I'm starting to doubt my chances of getting WL-admitted. :| Not that it was likely anyway ...

emacleod
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby emacleod » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Waitlisted.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Liquox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 pm

well, guess that's that. so much for staying in cali (doesn't like berkeley = didn't apply to boalt)

off to the south

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby theduffman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Waitlisted. dammit

User avatar
Ubermaus
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Ubermaus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Liquox wrote:well, guess that's that. so much for staying in cali (doesn't like berkeley = didn't apply to boalt)

off to the south

The south's not bad, as long as you like mosquitoes and feeling damp. :wink: If someone offers you chitlins or scrapple, say no.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Liquox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Ubermaus wrote:
Liquox wrote:well, guess that's that. so much for staying in cali (doesn't like berkeley = didn't apply to boalt)

off to the south

The south's not bad, as long as you like mosquitoes and feeling damp. :wink: If someone offers you chitlins or scrapple, say no.


oh dear lord...

but seriously, i heard charlottesville's nice?

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby theduffman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Liquox wrote:
Ubermaus wrote:
Liquox wrote:well, guess that's that. so much for staying in cali (doesn't like berkeley = didn't apply to boalt)

off to the south

The south's not bad, as long as you like mosquitoes and feeling damp. :wink: If someone offers you chitlins or scrapple, say no.


oh dear lord...

but seriously, i heard charlottesville's nice?


Scrapple isn't a southern thing! That's like a Pennsylvania/Delaware thing. And yes, come join us in Charlottesville!

hookem12
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby hookem12 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm convinced UCLA forgot about me. I think my report flew out the window in a nice SoCal breeze and is now being used as insulation in a bird's nest somewhere on campus. Maybe they'll find it by next cycle, and let me transfer.

User avatar
Ubermaus
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Ubermaus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Liquox wrote:
Ubermaus wrote:
Liquox wrote:well, guess that's that. so much for staying in cali (doesn't like berkeley = didn't apply to boalt)

off to the south

The south's not bad, as long as you like mosquitoes and feeling damp. :wink: If someone offers you chitlins or scrapple, say no.


oh dear lord...

but seriously, i heard charlottesville's nice?

C-ville's small but nice (mountains = still damp, but fewer mosquitoes). And of course, UVA is UVA.

My (southern) mom loves scrapple, but calls it "head cheese." They serve it at Aunt Sarah's Pancake House in Richmond. *shudder*

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Liquox » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 am

oh god, i just found out what scrapple's made of. jesus christ...

User avatar
barrotmartin
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby barrotmartin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 am

Don't understand how they're WL'ing these stellar lsat scores.

User avatar
commonpleas
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby commonpleas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 am

I know one person heard about the Epstein a few weeks/months ago... has anyone else heard anything one way or another? When I got my acceptance call several weeks ago, Dean Schwartz said they should be making the final decisions soon and to let him know if I haven't heard anything in a few weeks.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby 20130312 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 am

Liquox wrote:oh god, i just found out what scrapple's made of. jesus christ...


Don't think about that. It's delicious. Just eat it. Like hot dogs.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Liquox » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 pm

barrotmartin wrote:Don't understand how they're WL'ing these stellar lsat scores.


no idea what's going on down there in admissions. friend of mine applied with 168/3.9 and got waitlisted too, and another with 180/3.7, which honestly they have no business pulling that wl stuff on him (he's going to harvard anyways). i'm starting to think it's cause all three of us are ucla undergrads

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby eaper » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Liquox wrote:
barrotmartin wrote:Don't understand how they're WL'ing these stellar lsat scores.


no idea what's going on down there in admissions. friend of mine applied with 168/3.9 and got waitlisted too, and another with 180/3.7, which honestly they have no business pulling that wl stuff on him (he's going to harvard anyways). i'm starting to think it's cause all three of us are ucla undergrads


I think they're YPing pretty hard this year.

hookem12
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 am

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby hookem12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:16 pm

eaper wrote:I think they're YPing pretty hard this year.


Then they should really accept me, as I would not be a part of YP at all. But seriously, I'm about to draft up my LOCI and send it in. I think enough time has passed that this isn't too premature (waiting since 11/19).

On another note, I got a call from a number with an LA area code and nearly fainted, but it turned out to be a student from one of my safeties (on the other side of the country) calling to tell me about their school. I felt like a balloon being deflated.

User avatar
onedavetoomany
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby onedavetoomany » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Dinged. Got the e-mail about 10 minutes ago.... :(

gilkile
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby gilkile » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:24 pm

waitlisted , late last night

legalabogada
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby legalabogada » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:15 pm

.
Last edited by legalabogada on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby Liquox » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:44 pm

legalabogada wrote:Has anyone on the waitlist taken a tour of the campus/sat in on a class?


did it before the wl. had a dude in my group on wl. they weren't that friendly to him...

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby splitbrain » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Liquox wrote:
legalabogada wrote:Has anyone on the waitlist taken a tour of the campus/sat in on a class?


did it before the wl. had a dude in my group on wl. they weren't that friendly to him...


How so? Also...wtf... :x




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, galeatus, harmcharm, j431e782, joezze, NotAGolfer, studyingeveryday and 22 guests