UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
leobloomhorn

Re: UCLA 2011-2012 (class of 2015)

Postby leobloomhorn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:19 pm

So... since I haven't heard anything from them, I am assuming I will be rejected? If that's the case, that hurts... I visited the school and loved it. Anyone have any info?

xwing_redleader

Postby xwing_redleader » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:19 pm

lawgeekgrl wrote:
itsmelissaaa wrote:Dinged. UCLA apparently doesn't look too fondly on their own undergrads.

UCLA is famous for this ^

May I asked when you applied/heard back?

It's more about the fact that SO many UCLA undergrads apply to the law school. UCLA's undergrad is, by far, the top feeder school for UCLA Law.

Source: The dean told me, for what it's worth.

lawgeekgrl

Postby lawgeekgrl » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:21 pm

xwing_redleader wrote:
lawgeekgrl wrote:
itsmelissaaa wrote:Dinged. UCLA apparently doesn't look too fondly on their own undergrads.

UCLA is famous for this ^

May I asked when you applied/heard back?

It's more about the fact that SO many UCLA undergrads apply to the law school. UCLA's undergrad is, by far, the top feeder school for UCLA Law.

Source: The dean told me, for what it's worth.

Yes, this is true.

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:22 pm

WL'd today via e-mail. Applied pretty late. My numbers are strong for UCLA, but I didn't write a UCLA-specific essay or show a very serious interest. Still, it would have been nice to get some acceptance or some $ or something. Oh well, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Shooter wrote:WL'd today via e-mail. Applied pretty late. My numbers are strong for UCLA, but I didn't write a UCLA-specific essay or show a very serious interest. Still, it would have been nice to get some acceptance or some $ or something. Oh well, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Ah, sorry to hear it. Just saw you got Vandy though. Nice!

Mind sharing when you went complete?

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
Shooter wrote:WL'd today via e-mail. Applied pretty late. My numbers are strong for UCLA, but I didn't write a UCLA-specific essay or show a very serious interest. Still, it would have been nice to get some acceptance or some $ or something. Oh well, good luck to everyone still waiting!

and stats ??

you're makin' me nervous... Sorry you got WLed, but hopefully you have good news to come !

backwards54

Postby backwards54 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:

and stats ??

you're makin' me nervous... Sorry you got WLed, but hopefully you have good news to come !

Yes statss please... you're making me nervous as well, I have strong numbers for UCLA but haven't heard anything yet ..

commonpleas

Postby commonpleas » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 pm

In today around 1:00pm CST...good luck everyone!

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay. I had to go try (unsuccessfully) to get my iPhone fixed.

I'd prefer not to give exact stats, but I'd say I'm comfortably above both 75ths (but not crazy high or 180/4.0 by any means). I also have "decent" softs (i.e. impressive to the general population but probably not to the TLS crowd).

Also, I went complete via e-mail on 1/4.

And thanks for the Vandy congrats! I'm definitely excited.

I think the difference in outcomes comes down to explaining one's interest and commitment to UCLA. If you did that, I'm sure you'll all be just fine!

EDIT: Feel free to PM me for exact stats.

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Shooter wrote:Hi everyone, sorry for the delay. I had to go try (unsuccessfully) to get my iPhone fixed.

I'd prefer not to give exact stats, but I'd say I'm comfortably above both 75ths (but not crazy high or 180/4.0 by any means). I also have "decent" softs (i.e. impressive to the general population but probably not to the TLS crowd).

Also, I went complete via e-mail on 1/4.

And thanks for the Vandy congrats! I'm definitely excited.

I think the difference in outcomes comes down to explaining one's interest and commitment to UCLA. If you did that, I'm sure you'll all be just fine!

EDIT: Feel free to PM me for exact stats.

Ahh, sorry to hear that. Do you think it could be YP?

oliverlovesyou

Postby oliverlovesyou » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:28 pm

I just got accepted with scholarship, phone call from Dean. I thought that UCLA was something of a reach school, so I'm typing this only with the most forced stoicism I can muster. !!!!!!

gthopeful

Postby gthopeful » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm

oliverlovesyou wrote:I just got accepted with scholarship, phone call from Dean. I thought that UCLA was something of a reach school, so I'm typing this only with the most forced stoicism I can muster. !!!!!!

Congrats..when did you go complete?

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm

oliverlovesyou wrote:I just got accepted with scholarship, phone call from Dean. I thought that UCLA was something of a reach school, so I'm typing this only with the most forced stoicism I can muster. !!!!!!

Haha, I love this. Congrats! Hopefully more calls will be going out today!

oliverlovesyou

Postby oliverlovesyou » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

gthopeful wrote:

Congrats..when did you go complete?

1/20/2012

oliverlovesyou

Postby oliverlovesyou » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Also, from what I have lightly researched, it looks like 2nd and 3rd year it is pretty easy to qualify for in-state. its like an extra 20k in scholarship! Horray!

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 pm

I honestly keep forgetting I applied here because the silence is so ridiculous. Come on UCLA, just give me a decision already.

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 pm

nametaken wrote:I honestly keep forgetting I applied here because the silence is so ridiculous. Come on UCLA, just give me a decision already.

+1. But I kind of prefer this to the craziness of the status checkers.

confusedprelaw

Postby confusedprelaw » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:05 pm

I haven't kept up with this thread, but I applied early November and still haven't heard back. Does this mean anything?

eaper

Postby eaper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Got a call from the LA number this morning. Was a survey=\

imadude

Postby imadude » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:04 pm

So I was wait listed a couple of weeks ago. Does anybody know how visiting the school and possibly the admissions office would be looked upon? It would obviously show interest in the school. Do you think they would let me interview with someone during my visit? Is it worth emailing the admissions office to ask?

I feel like if I got an interview I would do a pretty good job of selling myself. Maybe I'll just have to do the same with a Why UCLA essay...

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:10 pm

eaper wrote:Got a call from the LA number this morning. Was a survey=\

This has happened to me three times. I've freaked every single time.

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:13 pm

imadude wrote:So I was wait listed a couple of weeks ago. Does anybody know how visiting the school and possibly the admissions office would be looked upon? It would obviously show interest in the school. Do you think they would let me interview with someone during my visit? Is it worth emailing the admissions office to ask?

I feel like if I got an interview I would do a pretty good job of selling myself. Maybe I'll just have to do the same with a Why UCLA essay...

it helps in the sense that it gives you something to write in your loci. most of the tours are given by law students. i got lucky and got one of the admissions people, but even then they don't let you interview with anyone. tours are in groups, about 2 hour long, and good for answering general questions. if you get anyone in your group who's already admitted, that person will get all the attention. i'm an ug at ucla, and took the tour late last month. the wl'ed guy in our group asked if he could do anything to speed up the process, and our guide just told him to sit tight; they said they're not even touching the wait-list until they've gone through all the applicants. you can email if you want, but they're pretty busy and only give short answers.

foxylaxy

Postby foxylaxy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Liquox wrote:
imadude wrote:So I was wait listed a couple of weeks ago. Does anybody know how visiting the school and possibly the admissions office would be looked upon? It would obviously show interest in the school. Do you think they would let me interview with someone during my visit? Is it worth emailing the admissions office to ask?

it helps in the sense that it gives you something to write in your loci. most of the tours are given by law students. i got lucky and got one of the admissions people, but even then they don't let you interview with anyone. tours are in groups, about 2 hour long, and good for answering general questions. if you get anyone in your group who's already admitted, that person will get all the attention. i'm an ug at ucla, and took the tour late last month. the wl'ed guy in our group asked if he could do anything to speed up the process, and our guide just told him to sit tight; they said they're not even touching the wait-list until they've gone through all the applicants. you can email if you want, but they're pretty busy and only give short answers.

I was able to get a tour from staff, but this was back in late August. I did sit in a class though and it was really good.

As for anyone still waiting from November:
Wait in line, I guess. I'm waiting from September and was told mid-December they were reviewing my file :?

imadude

Postby imadude » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Liquox wrote:

Thanks for the information! :)

kaveman

Postby kaveman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:53 pm

imadude wrote:
Liquox wrote:

Thanks for the information! :)

Go visit.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”