U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Index 5.905. Thanks for that info!

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:03 pm

MichNole19 wrote:What is the difference between (Index for currently “Review complete, decision Pending”) numbers and the
(Index for the Last admitted batch (compiled by Barbie):) numbers?

I have a 5.738, if I'm reading this right using last year's numbers I would be "in" assuming they don't discriminate againts Noles? :) Any idea if those number include those who were admitted off the waitlist?

Thanks!


I took these numbers from a list that was compiled on last year's thread around the end of November I think? (It was page 30something if you want to look)
Review complete decision pending ended up being people admitted later in the cycle, and maybe an unofficial waitlist? Maybe someone from last year can confirm the terminology.
Last admitted batch included the indexes of people who were admitted right away.

So- It's Only Sunny, a 5.8 last year seemed to get in with the first batch.

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:47 am

UMiamiCane wrote:
I took these numbers from a list that was compiled on last year's thread around the end of November I think? (It was page 30something if you want to look)
Review complete decision pending ended up being people admitted later in the cycle, and maybe an unofficial waitlist? Maybe someone from last year can confirm the terminology.
Last admitted batch included the indexes of people who were admitted right away.

So- It's Only Sunny, a 5.8 last year seemed to get in with the first batch.


Review complete, decision pending actually didn't all get admitted later. I applied right when the application opened, was "decision pending" in early November, and got my acceptance the day after Thanksgiving. Drove me NUTS (because I was absolutely sure I was auto admit). I think they might just throw people into the pending box until they have enough people to send out letters to and send out a huge wave that way.

The admissions office told me last year that decision pending just meant they hadn't officially made a decision for you yet. Nothing to start freaking out about in terms of being on a "waitlist" or not. If you were put on the waitlist, you would know.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:54 am

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:Review complete, decision pending actually didn't all get admitted later. I applied right when the application opened, was "decision pending" in early November, and got my acceptance the day after Thanksgiving. Drove me NUTS (because I was absolutely sure I was auto admit). I think they might just throw people into the pending box until they have enough people to send out letters to and send out a huge wave that way.

The admissions office told me last year that decision pending just meant they hadn't officially made a decision for you yet. Nothing to start freaking out about in terms of being on a "waitlist" or not. If you were put on the waitlist, you would know.


When I was going through last year's thread, I thought it was pretty silly for people to be worried about being put on the waitlist or getting rejected in November. If your numbers aren't around 5.7 index you probably won't be auto admit but you're not going to have to worry about the waitlist until March. You'll just get "File Reviewed, No Decision Reached" which means they're going to put your file "on hold" while they review the other applicants. It's not the waitlist, and according to Michele Adorno, most applicants are not auto admit and get put "on hold" for some amount of time.

I'd like to know how long you stay "on hold," though. Like if you get "File Reviewed, No Decision Reached" then should you not expect to hear back until Feb/March? Or is it possible to get a letter a week after you've been placed "on hold"?

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:39 pm

It's already a week after the time that UF began reviewing apps last year, and there appears to have been no movement on any apps. If they don't start reviewing tomorrow, they probably won't begin review until Nov. 7th at the earliest since Friday is homecoming and UF closes down. At least undergrad courses and services will be closed, I'm not sure about the law school.

This whole thing is taking too long. gah.

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 pm

seancris wrote:It's already a week after the time that UF began reviewing apps last year, and there appears to have been no movement on any apps. If they don't start reviewing tomorrow, they probably won't begin review until Nov. 7th at the earliest since Friday is homecoming and UF closes down. At least undergrad courses and services will be closed, I'm not sure about the law school.

This whole thing is taking too long. gah.


Law school is closed for Homecoming. Also, veteran's day is next friday, so they won't be working then either.

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Its Always Sunny » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:09 am

I know there hasn't been any movement, but does your guys status checker say all required documents received?

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 am

Yes, that's what my status checker says too.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 am

All Required Documents Received. Applied 10/18.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:49 pm

This is getting kind of crazy. If they don't start reviewing this week, it will practically be time to send out the first round of letters before anyone gets an initial review (based on last year's time table). :?

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:31 pm

seancris wrote:This is getting kind of crazy. If they don't start reviewing this week, it will practically be time to send out the first round of letters before anyone gets an initial review (based on last year's time table). :?


Look at the silver lining: at least you'll find out your decision before most of William and Mary's students. Any school for that matter. I heard from UM, UF and FSU before any other school

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beezy08 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:05 am

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
seancris wrote:This is getting kind of crazy. If they don't start reviewing this week, it will practically be time to send out the first round of letters before anyone gets an initial review (based on last year's time table). :?


Look at the silver lining: at least you'll find out your decision before most of William and Mary's students. Any school for that matter. I heard from UM, UF and FSU before any other school


I actually heard from William and Mary last week lol. But anyway, my UF status changed to "under initial review by committee". It had said "application complete" for a while. So hopefully that means they are on the path to making decisions. Anyone else have a change?

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm under initial review as well. Just changed today. Feels good to know the process has begun.

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:35 pm

seancris wrote:I'm under initial review as well. Just changed today. Feels good to know the process has begun.


I applied a few days earlier than you did and my status checker hasn't changed yet :(

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:43 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:
seancris wrote:I'm under initial review as well. Just changed today. Feels good to know the process has begun.


I applied a few days earlier than you did and my status checker hasn't changed yet :(


The review process is supposed to be rolling, so that's kind of odd. Did you submit your payment later than the 18th? I got the email and submitted payment on the same day that I went complete.

Also could be that they're just changing statuses in alphabetical order or something. I wouldn't be concerned.

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:47 pm

seancris wrote:
UMiamiCane wrote:
seancris wrote:I'm under initial review as well. Just changed today. Feels good to know the process has begun.


I applied a few days earlier than you did and my status checker hasn't changed yet :(


The review process is supposed to be rolling, so that's kind of odd. Did you submit your payment later than the 18th? I got the email and submitted payment on the same day that I went complete.

Also could be that they're just changing statuses in alphabetical order or something. I wouldn't be concerned.


I also paid via credit card the same day.
Alphabetical order would concern me-W-!! lol
Maybe tomorrow...

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:15 pm

Also, for the first few acceptances last year it was apx. a week and a half until the statuses changed from "initial review" to "review complete- final decision pending." So for us it would be apx. Nov 18th or so when we get to that stage, assuming that last year is any indicator. Letters were another week and a half or so, which would put us around Nov 30th-Dec 1st.

Either way I'll be hoping for "letter issued" on/before thanksgiving. Might be unlikely but it would really make the holiday that much better.

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Its Always Sunny » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm under initial review also. That would be awesome to know by next Friday if we are in.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Its Always Sunny wrote:I'm under initial review also. That would be awesome to know by next Friday if we are in.


You know, "review complete- decision pending" is probably as good as an acceptance at this stage in the process. At this point they would put you on hold and say "no decision reached" if you weren't auto-admit. So yeah, I guess we could know by next Friday. :D

Oblivion426
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Oblivion426 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 am

Under review as of today.

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 am

Under Initial Review by Committee!

gatorlaw
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gatorlaw » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Hey guys...mine says "File reviewed- no decision reached" ...that does that mean?

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Here's some terminology from UF's website:

A.
Application Received: Your application was received and Admissions is currently verifying documents.

Processing Application and Documents: These files were either recently received and are being processed or are missing required items. This status will change once all of the required items are received and processed.

All Required Documents Received: All required documents have been received and the application will soon move to the Admissions Committee for review.

Under Initial Review by Committee: The file is complete and the Admissions Committee is currently evaluating the file.

File reviewed, no decision reached: The Committee has reviewed the file, however, a decision has not yet been made on the file. The file will continue to be evaluated as other applications are received. Applicants who have updates to their files such as transcripts and LSAT scores will be re-evaluated by the Admissions Committee based on the new information. Final decisions will be made no later than the end of April, but it is possible that some candidates may hear earlier.

Final Decision Reached, Notice Issued: The Committee has reached a final decision on your application and a decision notice was issued. Usually the decision notice will be received by the applicant within 3-10 days.




GatorLaw: No decision reached means you're probably not in the first round...sorry. You have good numbers too, I'm surprised. Your status could change to decision reached at any time, and unfortunately this can drag into the spring (not to say it will for you!)...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=149048

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Its Always Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Sorry to hear that gatorlaw. Ill probably be in the same boat as you. I'm pretty close gpa wise and have same lsat as you. We are over their median admission index number but will probably have to wait until they review other people with higher lsat scores.

gatorlaw
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gatorlaw » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh well...but thanks for the info. Looks like last year people remained "no decision reached" for months (past march, even) so whatever, I'm not holding my breath.

Best of luck to you guys.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], whodareswins and 6 guests