U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FeelTheHeat

Re: U. of Florida c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:05 pm

FreeLolita wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:You should probably go ahead and make a thread for that. I know TLS is emphasizing avoiding these types of discussions on the admissions boards because they inevitably end up in flaming and butthurt.

Lol WTF

"Teacher, teacher, you forgot to give us homework!"

Discussion between applicants is fine, but this forum is NOT the place to argue or debate which law schools are worth attending and under what circumstances. The threads here typically involve people who have already decided to apply and are seeking or sharing news on the state of their applications. You and them and everyone else are all free to discuss whether or not attending is a good idea in the appropriate forum, not here.

Starting or perpetuating arguments here about whether a school is worth attending may be deemed trolling and get you banned.

Also:

FreeLolita wrote:
fLAWridagator wrote:Just got my admit packet today, finally! So excited!

No1 gives a shit.

FreeLolita wrote:Meh...not really. I would rather have gotten in now than have to wait for a decision until whenever, but that's not why I originally responded. I just genuinely feel as if neither myself nor anyone else on here cares even the slightest bit that this person received their acceptance package in the mail.

Keep contributing

seancris

Postby seancris » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:47 pm

pwn3d.

UMiamiCane

Postby UMiamiCane » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:53 pm

seancris wrote:pwn3d.

I totally had to Google that.

salsahips

Postby salsahips » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:20 pm

I just got an update under the mailings - a "Prospective Student Update"

Anything substantive or just more marketing material? Its just odd cause I have received materials from other schools that I've applied to but no other school updated me for it..

ashleyadpi

Postby ashleyadpi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm

salsahips wrote:I just got an update under the mailings - a "Prospective Student Update"

Anything substantive or just more marketing material? Its just odd cause I have received materials from other schools that I've applied to but no other school updated me for it..

I received the same email and update just now.

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:28 pm

salsahips wrote:I just got an update under the mailings - a "Prospective Student Update"

I've got the same thing. Would appreciate any info.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:30 pm

They will regularly send you those throughout the spring semester. Just informational stuff, nothing more.

seancris

Postby seancris » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:17 pm

FTH, please explain your avatar. Everytime I see it I think Brokeback Mountain, not sure why.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:34 pm

seancris wrote:FTH, please explain your avatar. Everytime I see it I think Brokeback Mountain, not sure why.

Go grab a handle of rum and download "The Room". You're welcome in advance

beezy08

Postby beezy08 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
seancris wrote:FTH, please explain your avatar. Everytime I see it I think Brokeback Mountain, not sure why.

Go grab a handle of rum and download "The Room". You're welcome in advance

Love that movie. Glad other people appreciate it as well

fLAWridagator

Postby fLAWridagator » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:10 pm

seancris wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:Also, I just wanted to post as an admitted student about the sudden increase in recruiting emails. Two UF-affiliated recruiting people emailed me this week, one alum and one current 1L student. Usually I get nothing except a monthly or biweekly AS newsletter that advertises one of their certificate programs or something like that... Maybe the increase is a sign that they're going to be sending scholarships out soon? It's about time that they send out a second batch of scholarships based on last year's schedule. It would make sense that they would do a little extra advertising/recruiting before sending out scholly offers.

Probably wishful thinking, but that's what this thread is for lol.

Im not sure if the emails mean much, but I hope they do as I am crossing my fingers for my boyfriend to get a scholarship this round! He's been getting the emails too, and so have I but I already got a scholarship. The alum who called didnt seem to know if the people he was contacting were admitted students with scholarships or if he was randomly assigned admits interested in his field of law.

I also got another email from the dean about the scholarship and it explicitly listed my non-quantitative credentials. Something to the effect of "I hope youre enjoying your last semester studying X, and sure you're busy with thesis about Y and your internship at Z" so this makes me think that scholarships were based on the overall applicant and not just numbers.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

seancris

Postby seancris » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Im not sure if the emails mean much, but I hope they do as I am crossing my fingers for my boyfriend to get a scholarship this round! He's been getting the emails too, and so have I but I already got a scholarship. The alum who called didnt seem to know if the people he was contacting were admitted students with scholarships or if he was randomly assigned admits interested in his field of law.

I also got another email from the dean about the scholarship and it explicitly listed my non-quantitative credentials. Something to the effect of "I hope youre enjoying your last semester studying X, and sure you're busy with thesis about Y and your internship at Z" so this makes me think that scholarships were based on the overall applicant and not just numbers.

FML. Aside from some political things, I don't have too much going on in the way of softs as far as the scholarship committee knows.

I got a decent law-related internship this semester which would improve my softs... maybe when I get a scholarship from another school I'll send that information to UF with an attached updated resume.

fLAWridagator

Postby fLAWridagator » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:39 pm

seancris wrote:

FML. Aside from some political things, I don't have too much going on in the way of softs as far as the scholarship committee knows.

I got a decent law-related internship this semester which would improve my softs... maybe when I get a scholarship from another school I'll send that information to UF with an attached updated resume.

Yeah I would send in any scholarship info from other schools and updated transcripts and other information that would help. Apparently they continue to review old and new admits each time the board meets, so I feel like any new information to give them a better picture of you as an applicant can't hurt.

skirkland

Postby skirkland » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:27 pm

seancris wrote:

I'm hoping more scholarships will go out once some of us withdraw. I know 14k will be going back into the pot this week when I withdraw. I hope one of you awesome peeps gets it. Good luck, everyone!

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Status just updated! "Final Decision Reached, Notice Issued"

I'm really nervous. Should I be getting a call if I'm in? Is that fact that I haven't gotten a call reason to believe I've been WL or denied? It changed kind of late in the afternoon...ahhh!

At least I'll know soon though.

FYI I'm a 3.43 166, applied in mid-Jan

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Geaux12 wrote:Status just updated! "Final Decision Reached, Notice Issued"

I'm really nervous. Should I be getting a call if I'm in? Is that fact that I haven't gotten a call reason to believe I've been WL or denied? It changed kind of late in the afternoon...ahhh!

Don't be silly. You should be worried about getting money from here, not whether or not you got in.

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:

Don't be silly. You should be worried about getting money from here, not whether or not you got in.

I could hug you right now, but I'm still nervous about it. Call me a worrier but I don't want to get confident and then be let down.

Edit: there are now options for "Seat Deposit" and "Orientation Fee". Have those always been there, or are they indications of good news?

UMiamiCane

Postby UMiamiCane » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Congrats! I was done checking my status today-just checked maybe 15 minutes ago for the last time, but decided to check again since you posted- AND I GOT MY NOTICE TOO!

168/3.07 (non-traditional) Applied in October

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:

Congrats! I was done checking my status today-just checked maybe 15 minutes ago for the last time, but decided to check again since you posted- AND I GOT MY NOTICE TOO!

168/3.07 (non-traditional) Applied in October

Same here. Finally leaving the FRNDR hell.

jaysgirl42671

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I know I've been FR/NDR for only a little while, but I want movement too! Ha. :(

Still, that's not to take away from the congratulations that are in order for all of you!!

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:59 pm

I think congratulations are definitely in order for leaving FN,DR. Do you guys have the orientation/seat deposit fees showing up too?

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Geaux12 wrote:I think congratulations are definitely in order for leaving FN,DR. Do you guys have the orientation/seat deposit fees showing up too?

Both still at zero for me.

UMiamiCane

Postby UMiamiCane » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:I think congratulations are definitely in order for leaving FN,DR. Do you guys have the orientation/seat deposit fees showing up too?

Same.

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:04 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:

Same.

Mine is zero as well. Maybe I was wishfully imagining that these fees hadn't been listed on my status checker before.

seancris

Postby seancris » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Congrats guys!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”