WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:56 pm

LuckySpurs wrote:
tmon wrote:They should start coming within the next couple weeks, unless things have changed this year.


looking at law school numbers...i saw some reports as early as feb 7...i would really really like that pattern to continue

Yes! I'd LOVE a nice big scholly offer on my bday :lol:

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 pm

tmon wrote:I'm obviously just trying to get everyone to withdraw so they're under enrolled and give me more money. :mrgreen:



I'm telling myself that you're getting them to withdraw so there will be more space for me...

<---slightly delusional

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm

thelawschoolproject, you'd consider WUSTL over UMich?

tmon, no worries, I'm glad you brought it to my attention. Will probably withdraw soon (unless they give me mad $$$$ that my GPA doesn't deserve)... only because I feel it's a little rude to withdraw right after being admitted. :)

ETA: That 2:30 feeling; lost the ability to type.
Last edited by JDizzle2015 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
tmon wrote:I'm obviously just trying to get everyone to withdraw so they're under enrolled and give me more money. :mrgreen:



I'm telling myself that you're getting them to withdraw so there will be more space for me...

<---slightly delusional

IB "BETTAR ACCEPTANCESSSS" rage :lol:

User avatar
LuckySpurs
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LuckySpurs » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm

tmon wrote:
LuckySpurs wrote:
tmon wrote:They should start coming within the next couple weeks, unless things have changed this year.


looking at law school numbers...i saw some reports as early as feb 7...i would really really like that pattern to continue

Yes! I'd LOVE a nice big scholly offer on my bday :lol:


that would be an amaing present. are you for sure going to wash u? from the december LSAT waiting forum i remember you were considering reapplying next cycle?

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:05 pm

LuckySpurs wrote:that would be an amaing present. are you for sure going to wash u? from the december LSAT waiting forum i remember you were considering reapplying next cycle?

I'm giving WUSTL serious consideration, but it depends on more factors than I care to even count at this point. So for now I'm just seeing how the cycle shakes out. If all I have is WUSTL come June I'll probably take one last time just to avoid the "what if" in the back of my head, since I was PTing significantly higher and I'm doing some tutoring for June takers now so I shouldn't be too rusty.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:07 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:thelawschoolproject, you'd consider WUSTL over UMich?



Yes.

I realize all of tls hates me for complaining about this when I have other schools, but, tbf no one knows my situation.

I have family near STL and some pretty dire family stuff going on, so being close to home is better than any T14 acceptance. (Hence my applications to Mizzou and SLU.)

sammis89
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammis89 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:07 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
Cornelius wrote:Just admitted via email. Finally WUSTL.

+111

Intrigued by this "Scholars in Law Award".


+1. Two major admits in one day- GW and WUSTL. Feelin good.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 pm

tmon wrote:IB "BETTAR ACCEPTANCESSSS" rage :lol:

lol, almost "IB". :)

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
tmon wrote:IB "BETTAR ACCEPTANCESSSS" rage :lol:

lol, almost "IB". :)

I legitimately lol'd when I saw your post pop up before mine. :lol:

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:09 pm

tmon wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
tmon wrote:IB "BETTAR ACCEPTANCESSSS" rage :lol:

lol, almost "IB". :)

I legitimately lol'd when I saw your post pop up before mine. :lol:



oooh yes let's hate on tlsp...... :evil:

User avatar
LuckySpurs
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LuckySpurs » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:10 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:thelawschoolproject, you'd consider WUSTL over UMich?



Yes.

I realize all of tls hates me for complaining about this when I have other schools, but, tbf no one knows my situation.

I have family near STL and some pretty dire family stuff going on, so being close to home is better than any T14 acceptance. (Hence my applications to Mizzou and SLU.)


did you write an addendum to wash u? maybe the delay because they think you'll end up going to the a top 14? When i was considering schools, the admissions office at wash u was amazing and did more for me than i could have imagined

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:10 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:thelawschoolproject, you'd consider WUSTL over UMich?



Yes.

I realize all of tls hates me for complaining about this when I have other schools, but, tbf no one knows my situation.

I have family near STL and some pretty dire family stuff going on, so being close to home is better than any T14 acceptance. (Hence my applications to Mizzou and SLU.)

I don't hate you/I think those are very legitimate reasons. There's definitely more to life than law school...

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
tmon wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
tmon wrote:IB "BETTAR ACCEPTANCESSSS" rage :lol:

lol, almost "IB". :)

I legitimately lol'd when I saw your post pop up before mine. :lol:



oooh yes let's hate on tlsp...... :evil:

AHEM

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Just got in via email. 168 3.4

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:36 pm

tbf, choosing michigan at all when uva is there is a stupid decision, right tlsp? :wink: :wink:

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:38 pm

tmon wrote:AHEM



I just want to say on a completely serious note....that you are, indeed my absolute favorite. Also <3 Scarlet and WoodscommaL.

And I didn't even know any of that went down, until right now so......


Dear Ryemanhattan and Imadude,

You don't know me. You know nothing about my life. And, if you did, you'd rightfully feel pretty shitty, so stfu.

Also, if you have a problem with me feel free to PM me.

Best,

tlsp

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:41 pm

dakure wrote:tbf, choosing michigan at all when uva is there is a stupid decision, right tlsp? :wink: :wink:



Oh you hush, silly boy.

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:41 pm

dakure wrote:tbf, choosing michigan at all when uva is there is a stupid decision, right tlsp? :wink: :wink:

:evil:

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
tmon wrote:AHEM



I just want to say on a completely serious note....that you are, indeed my absolute favorite. Also <3 Scarlet and WoodscommaL.

And I didn't even know any of that went down, until right now so......


Dear Ryemanhattan and Imadude,

You don't know me. You know nothing about my life. And, if you did, you'd rightfully feel pretty shitty, so stfu.

Also, if you have a problem with me feel free to PM me.

Best,

tlsp



I'M ON THE FAVORITES LIST. world complete <3 <3

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm not one to white knight, but tlsp is right. TLS is undoubtedly a haven for law school applicants. It provides great information and is all around a great resource. But it assumes a constant set of mind and when something or someone deviates from that, for any reason, personal or public, the hivemind jumps. Its in these moments when you can really differentiate those who know what the fuck they're talking about and those that are repeating the oft accurate, but sometimes insufficient, advice purported by the majority of the posters on these boards.

The fact of the matter is, once admitted, there are a plethora of reasons to go to one law school over another. Personally, finances and job prospects are the two things that are most important to me. That doesn't have to be the case for someone else and the inability to recognize the potential nuances circling around such a monumental decision is the epitome of idiocy. People are well within their rights to want a school for reasons that don't align with the reasons other people would want a school. That doesn't make them stupid. It doesn't make them necessarily smart, but it doesn't make them stupid. And as such, if they want to complain, you have a right to voice your opinion about their complaint, but don't be a snarky, condescending asswipe about it. Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to assume that, for some inexplainable reason, you're smarter than they are.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:46 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:50 pm

dakure wrote:I'm not one to white knight, but tlsp is right. TLS is undoubtedly a haven for law school applicants. It provides great information and is all around a great resource. But it assumes a constant set of mind and when something or someone deviates from that, for any reason, personal or public, the hivemind jumps. Its in these moments when you can really differentiate those who know what the fuck they're talking about and those that are repeating the oft accurate, but sometimes insufficient, advice purported by the majority of the posters on these boards.

The fact of the matter is, once admitted, there are a plethora of reasons to go to one law school over another. Personally, finances and job prospects are the two things that are most important to me. That doesn't have to be the case for someone else and the inability to recognize the potential nuances circling around such a monumental decision is the epitome of idiocy. People are well within their rights to want a school for reasons that don't align with the reasons other people would want a school. That doesn't make them stupid. It doesn't make them necessarily smart, but it doesn't make them stupid. And as such, if they want to complain, you have a right to voice your opinion about their complaint, but don't be a snarky, condescending asswipe about it. Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to assume that, for some inexplainable reason, you're smarter than they are.


QUIT TRYING TO GET ON THE FAVORITE LIST.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:50 pm

^word. Don't muddy one I my favorite schools boards.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 pm

T00L wrote:^word. Don't muddy one I my favorite schools boards.

i think you accidentally the sentence.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: genjustice, Google Adsense [Bot], lawlawland16, proteinshake and 13 guests