WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Syme
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Syme » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:30 pm

January 18th submission, in yesterday (1/27).

#s in profile. Surprised by quick turnaround. Is that normal for WUSTL?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Syme wrote:January 18th submission, in yesterday (1/27).

#s in profile. Surprised by quick turnaround. Is that normal for WUSTL?


I don't think so. Your application must have been super impressive!! Congratulations!!!

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:38 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 pm

After Admitted Students Day, this is my new favorite place in the whole world.

Good luck to everyone!!

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby theduffman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:45 pm

I've been complete since early December and haven't heard a peep since then... my application must be lost behind a filing cabinet :(

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:47 pm

T00L wrote:After Admitted Students Day, this is my new favorite place in the whole world.

Good luck to everyone!!



Agreed, I was super impressed. Now they just need to give some cash monies to make the decision a little more easy

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:02 pm

I'd still just like to be accepted....

User avatar
srrrrh
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby srrrrh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:03 pm

theduffman wrote:I've been complete since early December and haven't heard a peep since then... my application must be lost behind a filing cabinet :(


same, except still early november :( i've heard such great things so i'm really hoping to have good news soon

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ralph_pootawn » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Been complete since october. > both medians. not a peep.

User avatar
Nestico87
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nestico87 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:47 pm

With a 169/3.82 what are my chances of scholarship?

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby goldeneye » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:29 pm

.
Last edited by goldeneye on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ketchup
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ketchup » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Nestico87 wrote:With a 169/3.82 what are my chances of scholarship?


This 169/3.83 got $129,000... and everyone else around that got anywhere from $120,000 to $135,000.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/vegenator

User avatar
buckythebadger
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:08 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby buckythebadger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:04 am

Anyone else going to ASW on the 24th? I was going to book everything this week and was curious as to what hotels everyone was planning on staying at.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:07 am

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 am

buckythebadger wrote:Anyone else going to ASW on the 24th? I was going to book everything this week and was curious as to what hotels everyone was planning on staying at.


already visited, obviously, but if you want to be able to get around without renting a car, then the moonrise hotel is probably best. its right next to the metrolink station and 1/3 mile from the school

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Robespierre » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 am

T00L wrote:After Admitted Students Day, this is my new favorite place in the whole world.

Good luck to everyone!!


Could you elaborate on what you liked about it? thanks very much

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Robespierre wrote:
T00L wrote:After Admitted Students Day, this is my new favorite place in the whole world.

Good luck to everyone!!


Could you elaborate on what you liked about it? thanks very much


First, I would refer you to this thread from last year. The writer does a pretty good job outlining the day's events, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=146044

WUSTL is one of the most (if not THE most) collegial atmospheres one can find in a law school. The environment is outgoing and downright friendly. I got there the night before and ended up walking into bar review (by myself) as it was about a block from my hotel. Now, I'm not normally one to just crash into situations like that. I tend to feel reserved or out of place, but this feeling dissipated immediately when I got there. I told one of the first students I met that I was an admitted student, and from that point on it was "Where are you from?" "This drink is on me" (I'm a dude) "you have any questions?" "Oh, you need to meet my friend.... Hey [name]! Come over here! I want you to meet Tool. He's a prospective student [introductions], etc....."

Anyway, the point is I have never been around such a large group of immediately-welcoming people before, but it wasn't unnerving in the least, if that makes sense.

The actual Admitted Student Day was nice. The building is obviously beautiful and well-designed to promote student interaction. By the time the student panel had rolled around, I felt like I didn't really need to hear it because I had had such an informal and ongoing "student panel" since the night before (this obviously wasn't the case for everyone else). Walking around that day on campus, I had current students who I had met the night before coming up to me and saying hello. Most even remembered my name.

Anyway, the day culminated with a special reception for us, but there is also an on-campus happy hour (free bud products) from "4:30 - ?????" in the building every Friday that gave everyone ANOTHER chance to speak with current students and socialize.

The school is full of extremely intelligent people. And while there may be a few "gunners," most of "them" are quiet about it (e.g. "closet gunners"). Everyone is down to help everyone - that was the vibe I received.

Ok, I think I've taken up enough space for the time being, and I have to get back to work. PM-me if you have any further questions.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:57 pm

T00L wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
T00L wrote:After Admitted Students Day, this is my new favorite place in the whole world.

Good luck to everyone!!


Could you elaborate on what you liked about it? thanks very much


First, I would refer you to this thread from last year. The writer does a pretty good job outlining the day's events, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=146044

WUSTL is one of the most (if not THE most) collegial atmospheres one can find in a law school. The environment is outgoing and downright friendly. I got there the night before and ended up walking into bar review (by myself) as it was about a block from my hotel. Now, I'm not normally one to just crash into situations like that. I tend to feel reserved or out of place, but this feeling dissipated immediately when I got there. I told one of the first students I met that I was an admitted student, and from that point on it was "Where are you from?" "This drink is on me" (I'm a dude) "you have any questions?" "Oh, you need to meet my friend.... Hey [name]! Come over here! I want you to meet Tool. He's a prospective student [introductions], etc....."

Anyway, the point is I have never been around such a large group of immediately-welcoming people before, but it wasn't unnerving in the least, if that makes sense.

The actual Admitted Student Day was nice. The building is obviously beautiful and well-designed to promote student interaction. By the time the student panel had rolled around, I felt like I didn't really need to hear it because I had had such an informal and ongoing "student panel" since the night before (this obviously wasn't the case for everyone else). Walking around that day on campus, I had current students who I had met the night before coming up to me and saying hello. Most even remembered my name.

Anyway, the day culminated with a special reception for us, but there is also an on-campus happy hour (free bud products) from "4:30 - ?????" in the building every Friday that gave everyone ANOTHER chance to speak with current students and socialize.

The school is full of extremely intelligent people. And while there may be a few "gunners," most of "them" are quiet about it (e.g. "closet gunners"). Everyone is down to help everyone - that was the vibe I received.

Ok, I think I've taken up enough space for the time being, and I have to get back to work. PM-me if you have any further questions.


Wow, thanks for the info. That is really good to hear

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Application went complete at 1/6...still frozen at "complete" by 1/24.

I'm a splitter LSAT 169 and GPA 3.0...so I'm hoping to hear some good news soon.

But I read somewhere that Adcomm's hold onto a bulk of Match applications so they can wait to review everyone else...so unless you're numbers are really high most people are probably gonna have to wait until mid february at least..maybe even early March.

I heard that a lot of adcomm's held off on reviewing Oct/November applications so they could see the December LSAT pool before they made any decisions. So there's probably a huge chunk of applications that they're trying to review right now.

User avatar
SarahT
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby SarahT » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am

"You have viewed this page 176 times" Last visit 1/30/12

Thank you Google for telling me what a loser/stalker I have become!

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:55 am

buckythebadger wrote:Anyone else going to ASW on the 24th? I was going to book everything this week and was curious as to what hotels everyone was planning on staying at.



I am. Had to switch from January because I waited too long to book my flight. I'll be staying at the Moonrise.

Any promo codes or special rates that you all know of?

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 am

Jesus, I mean, I knew the school was a sucker for LSATs, but this year is insane. Looking at LSN it is as if, to this point, they haven’t given a single shit about GPA.

ETA: unless you are a URM

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:47 am

Magnifique1908 wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:Anyone else going to ASW on the 24th? I was going to book everything this week and was curious as to what hotels everyone was planning on staying at.



I am. Had to switch from January because I waited too long to book my flight. I'll be staying at the Moonrise.

Any promo codes or special rates that you all know of?


AAA gets a discount. If you don't have AAA, then use it anyway (on the website) and be nice when you get there... they gave it to me. though i cant promise anything

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm

STLMizzou wrote:Jesus, I mean, I knew the school was a sucker for LSATs, but this year is insane. Looking at LSN it is as if, to this point, they haven’t given a single shit about GPA.

ETA: unless you are a URM


They didn't last year, either. They let this 2.4 in.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 pm

T00L wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:Anyone else going to ASW on the 24th? I was going to book everything this week and was curious as to what hotels everyone was planning on staying at.



I am. Had to switch from January because I waited too long to book my flight. I'll be staying at the Moonrise.

Any promo codes or special rates that you all know of?


AAA gets a discount. If you don't have AAA, then use it anyway (on the website) and be nice when you get there... they gave it to me. though i cant promise anything



Thanks.....you need to be my classmate :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, curry1, joezze, okf731, ProductofUnreality, tinafeyclone, turkeyncheese and 23 guests