WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Anyone receive anything in snail mail yet?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:Anyone receive anything in snail mail yet?



Nope. I cheated and found my packet from last year. Its usually just two letters and a flash drive. Everything is mostly on the Admitted Students Bulletin Board. They are using the same formats for logins as last year so I have already logged in and started reading stuff.

lawhopeful2012
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawhopeful2012 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:51 pm

whats the formula?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 pm

lawhopeful2012 wrote:whats the formula?



Sent you a PM

benito
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby benito » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Go to the login page for the admitted students bulletin board and click 'reset your password'....Put in username which will be the email you provided on your app and they'll send you ur password.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 pm

benito wrote:Go to the login page for the admitted students bulletin board and click 'reset your password'....Put in username which will be the email you provided on your app and they'll send you ur password.



Not necessary. Its first initial, last initial and last 4 digits of SSN.

Wasnt going to post but since you started it.... :lol:

Eliminates an unnecessary step.

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:53 pm

I think I will be going to the January 27th ASD because I was planning on going to St. Louis that weekend anyways. Anybody else going to this one?

Seems like a good time to go because it is right before they start reviewing apps for scholarships so it might show a strong interest that this is a school you are serious about attending? Also it is early enough not to conflict with any other potential ASD’s.

I just hope it isn’t too early…

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 pm

STLMizzou wrote:I think I will be going to the January 27th ASD because I was planning on going to St. Louis that weekend anyways. Anybody else going to this one?

Seems like a good time to go because it is right before they start reviewing apps for scholarships so it might show a strong interest that this is a school you are serious about attending? Also it is early enough not to conflict with any other potential ASD’s.

I just hope it isn’t too early…


I was thinking January too and also hoping it isnt too early. Anyone know if WUSTL provides anything towards travel expenses?

User avatar
flyingduck
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby flyingduck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 am

Um...What does ASD stand for?

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby omninode » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:19 am

Magnifique1908 wrote:
STLMizzou wrote:I think I will be going to the January 27th ASD because I was planning on going to St. Louis that weekend anyways. Anybody else going to this one?

Seems like a good time to go because it is right before they start reviewing apps for scholarships so it might show a strong interest that this is a school you are serious about attending? Also it is early enough not to conflict with any other potential ASD’s.

I just hope it isn’t too early…


I was thinking January too and also hoping it isnt too early. Anyone know if WUSTL provides anything towards travel expenses?

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:19 am

flyingduck wrote:Um...What does ASD stand for?

accepted students day

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 am

So I found a flight to St. Louis for $243.50 for the January ASD. Anyone else thinking January or are most going later? I want to tour the school, but I'd like to meet people as well if possible.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:So I found a flight to St. Louis for $243.50 for the January ASD. Anyone else thinking January or are most going later? I want to tour the school, but I'd like to meet people as well if possible.


I looked back a few pages and didn't find it, so apologies if this has been answered, but does WUSTL offer any subsidy for those who attend their ASD from out of state, and if so - how much?

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:44 pm

addy11 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:So I found a flight to St. Louis for $243.50 for the January ASD. Anyone else thinking January or are most going later? I want to tour the school, but I'd like to meet people as well if possible.


I looked back a few pages and didn't find it, so apologies if this has been answered, but does WUSTL offer any subsidy for those who attend their ASD from out of state, and if so - how much?


I think I read on last year's thread that they give $200.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Kabuo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:50 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:
addy11 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:So I found a flight to St. Louis for $243.50 for the January ASD. Anyone else thinking January or are most going later? I want to tour the school, but I'd like to meet people as well if possible.


I looked back a few pages and didn't find it, so apologies if this has been answered, but does WUSTL offer any subsidy for those who attend their ASD from out of state, and if so - how much?


I think I read on last year's thread that they give $200.


They did give $200 last year.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Kabuo wrote:
UMiamiCane wrote:
addy11 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:So I found a flight to St. Louis for $243.50 for the January ASD. Anyone else thinking January or are most going later? I want to tour the school, but I'd like to meet people as well if possible.


I looked back a few pages and didn't find it, so apologies if this has been answered, but does WUSTL offer any subsidy for those who attend their ASD from out of state, and if so - how much?


I think I read on last year's thread that they give $200.


They did give $200 last year.


Ah, OK. Thanks!

the_phoenix612
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby the_phoenix612 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Anybody care to shed light on what that subsidy process entails? I haven't come across anything mentioning it in this year's material...

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TatteredDignity » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:20 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
flyingduck wrote:Um...What does ASD stand for?

accepted students day


Admitted Students Day, actually.

User avatar
initech
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby initech » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm still stuck at complete - 10/20

User avatar
ScoutFinch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScoutFinch » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 pm

I just submitted an RSVP for January 27th ASD. Does anyone know if the university offers a place to stay, or do we have to get a hotel?

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Just got an email stating that there is indeed a $200 travel stipend available if traveling from over 100 miles away. This might make it worth the flight from the west coast....

unitedfrutopia
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unitedfrutopia » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Does attending admitted students day help with scholarships? I'd like to go and I'm seriously considering WUSTL but the cost would be pretty steep.

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 pm

unitedfrutopia wrote:Does attending admitted students day help with scholarships? I'd like to go and I'm seriously considering WUSTL but the cost would be pretty steep.


I would expect to get the scholly offer before the last (March) ASW so I'm not sure

User avatar
flyingduck
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby flyingduck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 pm

0LNewbie wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:
flyingduck wrote:Um...What does ASD stand for?

accepted students day


Admitted Students Day, actually.


Thanks. Just figured it out when I read the email today. :D

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Just submitted my RSVP for the January ASD. Coming in from Chicago so I may have to look into that travel stipend.

I am actually looking forward to this quite a bit even though I have been to the campus a million times.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”