WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:54 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:56 pm

OmarLittle wrote:Got in like a week ago, received the email today saying I got 75k. Not bad. Most likely I'll be attending in the fall.

Stats: 3.07/169

Does anyone know how likely WUSTL is to negotiate, if I have similar offers from competing institutions? Just curious.

With that GPA/LSAT combo I don't see how you can have a better offer at anywhere they would care about.

OmarLittle
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby OmarLittle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:59 pm

2014 wrote:
OmarLittle wrote:Got in like a week ago, received the email today saying I got 75k. Not bad. Most likely I'll be attending in the fall.

Stats: 3.07/169

Does anyone know how likely WUSTL is to negotiate, if I have similar offers from competing institutions? Just curious.

With that GPA/LSAT combo I don't see how you can have a better offer at anywhere they would care about.


You are probably right, but you never know. Hence why I said I was "just curious".

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dietcoke0 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:00 pm

hoos89 wrote:
dietcoke0 wrote:My GPA is sub-3. Just a little scary that all these emails went out and I haven't heard anything yet. Was banking on 60k


Well it depends how far sub 3 it is. If you're 170 with a 2.8-2.99 you should be looking at 60k. If you're in the 2.5 range, you might be out of luck.


2.6 LSAC (over 3 in my university, big addendum) , but said I was in the running for scholarships, and similar numbers have gotten 60k in the past.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
dietcoke0 wrote:My GPA is sub-3. Just a little scary that all these emails went out and I haven't heard anything yet. Was banking on 60k


Well it depends how far sub 3 it is. If you're 170 with a 2.8-2.99 you should be looking at 60k. If you're in the 2.5 range, you might be out of luck.


2.6 LSAC (over 3 in my university, big addendum) , but said I was in the running for scholarships, and similar numbers have gotten 60k in the past.

It'll be 54k

User avatar
hal20
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:48 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hal20 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Just admitted yesterday! 3.7/167... any chance of scholarship offer in the next few weeks?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:37 pm

hal20 wrote:Just admitted yesterday! 3.7/167... any chance of scholarship offer in the next few weeks?


Most certainly.

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dietcoke0 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm

I'll take the 54k and withdraw tomorrow if they give it. :) on a long list of waitlist and would rather just get the cycle over.

Englander742
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Englander742 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Are there any stories on negotiating with WUSTL? Especially, for example, if I'm willing to commit now with an extra $15k.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:33 am

Englander742 wrote:Are there any stories on negotiating with WUSTL? Especially, for example, if I'm willing to commit now with an extra $15k.

I'm going to end up trying something like that most likely but if you do first let me know if it works :P

LilCanadianKid
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LilCanadianKid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am

169/3.0 just got the email offering 75 k.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mcdeeremitch » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 am

Did anyone get a second status checker email today??

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:47 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:Did anyone get a second status checker email today??



That's weird. Sounds like a glitch. Anyone else get $$ today?

schrrob1095
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby schrrob1095 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:57 pm

2.52 169-- went complete 2/28. Couple questions
1- Chances this late in the cycle? I plan on retaking the LSAT in June, but if I am accepted this cycle I will probably attend
2. The status checker says "application complete" where does it go from there? is it being reviewed, or is it just on file?
3. 167 admits bad news? I figured my only chance at wash u was to hold them hostage with their 168 mean lsat, but there is speculation that might not be the case this cycle.
4. I have a petition that is likely to be granted that would retroactively withdrawa me from a semester due to medical reasons. It would raise my gpa by .3-- Am I insane for trying this cycle?
5. Does wash u deny people or do they just not respond? what is the wait list like? I don't see many denials on law school numbers or tls for 168+

Looking forward to maybe being in your class next year. Thanks for the answers/ advice

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:01 pm

1. Probably still good. They are LSAT whores, and not shy from it. They are starting to see withdrawals, so they will probably look to keep the LSAT median high. They are dipping low in the GPA pool last two years.
2. Mine said complete like three times, then an email. Nothing but complete on status checker. I'd say with an otherwise clean ap, you have a 2-3 week wait.
3. Maybe, maybe not.
4. LSAC probably don't care unless it's through them. Still a 2.8 is about the same is a 2.5.
5. They ignore you until About March 28th, then you get denied or waitlist.

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Oh, and since you are new, you probably haven't read this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130775

Take a good 2-3 hours within the next week and take a look. A myriad of good info in there that will make you want to instantly deposit and withdraw your app at the same time. Either way transparency is almost always the best way to get info.

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby butchcassidy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 am

Might be a stupid question, but on the WUSTL financial aid form when it asks for your academic year do we put 2013 (next year) or 2015 (the year we graduate)?

StlCards50
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:30 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby StlCards50 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 pm

84k for a 3.3/171, not bad! I think this is probably the best fit for me.

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 am

butchcassidy wrote:Might be a stupid question, but on the WUSTL financial aid form when it asks for your academic year do we put 2013 (next year) or 2015 (the year we graduate)?


p sure its 2013 because financial aid is handled on a year by year basis. But I could be wrong (I haven't actually filled out that form yet)

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby butchcassidy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 am

Worker and Parasite wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:Might be a stupid question, but on the WUSTL financial aid form when it asks for your academic year do we put 2013 (next year) or 2015 (the year we graduate)?


p sure its 2013 because financial aid is handled on a year by year basis. But I could be wrong (I haven't actually filled out that form yet)


that's what i thought, but why would they even have all the other years available to be selected? seems kinda silly.

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fakemoney » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 am

Does anyone know how generous WUSTL is with need-based aid or when they tend to send out info about grants?

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:36 pm

fakemoney wrote:Does anyone know how generous WUSTL is with need-based aid or when they tend to send out info about grants?

They said at ASD that all grants were merit based and that need based aid came in the form of loans.

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fakemoney » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Hm. I wonder why they have their own financial aid form, then. I would think they could just use the FAFSA for Grad-Plus and Stafford loans and such.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 pm

fakemoney wrote:Hm. I wonder why they have their own financial aid form, then. I would think they could just use the FAFSA for Grad-Plus and Stafford loans and such.

Since the schools are now the lenders as of 2-3 years ago as far as I know it's pretty standard practice for any given school to have you fill out something. Whether they truly need it or not is a different question I suppose :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zoe107 and 8 guests