WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:00 pm

josh43299 wrote:
tmon wrote:
josh43299 wrote:I am having a hard time locating employment data on the WUSTL website. Anyone have a link? I would like to see more than what is on lawschooltransparency.com, if it is available.

Well there's this: http://law.wustl.edu/career_services/pages.aspx?id=9005

But I'd just look at Law School Transparency instead, since it provides more comprehensive information. I'd link you, but for whatever reason LST links don't work on this site. Google "law school transparency" then click on data clearinghouse, and then on the dropdown find Wash U.



Thanks for the link. I have looked at the LST data for the schools I am still considering and it has been very helpful. I just wish that WashU would, at minimum, provide the percentage of employed students who have jobs requiring a J.D.

Yeah, that they don't post much of anything on the website is a bit disconcerting and seems stupid when you realize that they report this information for other stuff but just don't bother to put it on the website. Looks like bar required was about 80% for the class of '09, though that's obviously pretty dated.

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby josh43299 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:12 pm

tmon wrote:
josh43299 wrote:
tmon wrote:
josh43299 wrote:I am having a hard time locating employment data on the WUSTL website. Anyone have a link? I would like to see more than what is on lawschooltransparency.com, if it is available.

Well there's this: http://law.wustl.edu/career_services/pages.aspx?id=9005

But I'd just look at Law School Transparency instead, since it provides more comprehensive information. I'd link you, but for whatever reason LST links don't work on this site. Google "law school transparency" then click on data clearinghouse, and then on the dropdown find Wash U.



Thanks for the link. I have looked at the LST data for the schools I am still considering and it has been very helpful. I just wish that WashU would, at minimum, provide the percentage of employed students who have jobs requiring a J.D.

Yeah, that they don't post much of anything on the website is a bit disconcerting and seems stupid when you realize that they report this information for other stuff but just don't bother to put it on the website. Looks like bar required was about 80% for the class of '09, though that's obviously pretty dated.


Well, '09 was the year that law students around the country went to the slaughter. I am not sure how much, if any, things have improved though. But that percentage is somewhat comforting... where did you see that?

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:38 pm

josh43299 wrote:Well, '09 was the year that law students around the country went to the slaughter. I am not sure how much, if any, things have improved though. But that percentage is somewhat comforting... where did you see that?

WUSTL's law school transparency site, under the "Job Characteristics" link. 86.8% of class employed full time, 64% of class employed at law firms, 80% full time and bar required.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 pm

tmon wrote:
josh43299 wrote:Well, '09 was the year that law students around the country went to the slaughter. I am not sure how much, if any, things have improved though. But that percentage is somewhat comforting... where did you see that?

WUSTL's law school transparency site, under the "Job Characteristics" link. 86.8% of class employed full time, 64% of class employed at law firms, 80% full time and bar required.



That's...upsetting.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Given that every year like 15 of the best students transfer out and that WUSTL has no big home market, I'd call 80% pretty good.

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:43 pm

2014 wrote:Given that every year like 15 of the best students transfer out and that WUSTL has no big home market, I'd call 80% pretty good.

Yeah, I don't find it particularly surprising. It's not a T14 for a reason. Also, it actually compares favorably to some peer schools. If none of my better options come back as acceptances I'm probably deciding between UIUC and WUSTL. Where WUSTL's numbers were:

86.8% of class employed full time, 64% of class employed at law firms, 80% full time and bar required

UIUC's are:
80% of class employed full time, 57% of class employed at law firms, 69% full time and bar required.

I think that's a big enough difference to give pause, especially the last figure...

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:47 pm

I'll let you know how stoked I am after ASD haha

At this point I'm considering WUSTL @ half vs In State School ranked between 50-100 full ride and it's proving a tougher decision than I thought :S

Going to really muck everything up if I get into Michigan or NYU or off of Chicago's wait list.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby checkster » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:20 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...


Love the avatar. Its a great city, lots of cool areas to enjoy.

Oh...law school....well the campus is nice.

User avatar
cheergirl
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cheergirl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...


+1 for Country Grammar

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby butchcassidy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:19 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...


I'm like 75%. The thought of living in STL is slowly starting to be OK with me

User avatar
mr_wjc_11
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mr_wjc_11 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:26 pm

To those wondering about getting a decision soon, I visited the school a few weeks ago and they basically told me that unless you are an obvious admit or reject, you should not expect to hear back until after March 1. Since I fall in the middle of their typical numbers, I assume I will be waiting a few more weeks.

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 pm

cheergirl wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...


+1 for Country Grammar

As the great poet Nelly once said in his masterpiece titled "Country Grammar":

You can find me, in St. Louis rolling on dubs
Smoking on dubs in clubs, blowing up like cocoa puffs

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:10 pm

butchcassidy wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...


I'm like 75%. The thought of living in STL is slowly starting to be OK with me

I was at 75% only a few days ago. Now look at me. All the way up to 97.5%, and still climbing. Just set AB Hall as your desktop background, turn on some St. Lunatics, and watch some reruns of the Cardinals winning the world series. Also did you know that St. Louis has a top 5 zoo, and the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the U.S.? Try to turn that down…

User avatar
Moriarty
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Moriarty » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:13 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the U.S.


Now that's something to consider. 8)

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby checkster » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 pm

I was just at Mardi Gras there...

Seriously, SERIOUSLY a good time.

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby charliep » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...


I'm like 75%. The thought of living in STL is slowly starting to be OK with me

I was at 75% only a few days ago. Now look at me. All the way up to 97.5%, and still climbing. Just set AB Hall as your desktop background, turn on some St. Lunatics, and watch some reruns of the Cardinals winning the world series. Also did you know that St. Louis has a top 5 zoo, and the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the U.S.? Try to turn that down…


does the mardi gras celebration happen to align with any of the Admitted students weekends?

i'm dumb; it's tomorrow

User avatar
Ubermaus
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ubermaus » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:41 pm

mr_wjc_11 wrote:To those wondering about getting a decision soon, I visited the school a few weeks ago and they basically told me that unless you are an obvious admit or reject, you should not expect to hear back until after March 1. Since I fall in the middle of their typical numbers, I assume I will be waiting a few more weeks.

Ah, thank you. *takes a deep breath, backs away from the status checker*

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:43 pm

charliep wrote:does the mardi gras celebration happen to align with any of the Admitted students weekends?

i'm dumb; it's tomorrow


It was Saturday. Voice still gone.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:06 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:Am I the only one that is super stoked about going to WUSTL? Is there a Class of 2015 thread or Facebook group yet? I'm 96% sure I'm going to take WUSTL up on their offer. I've never been to St. Louis, but I have been watching a lot of Nelly and St. Lunatics music videos, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect...


I'm like 75%. The thought of living in STL is slowly starting to be OK with me

I was at 75% only a few days ago. Now look at me. All the way up to 97.5%, and still climbing. Just set AB Hall as your desktop background, turn on some St. Lunatics, and watch some reruns of the Cardinals winning the world series. Also did you know that St. Louis has a top 5 zoo, and the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the U.S.? Try to turn that down…


If anyone's holdup has to do with St. Louis as a city instead of anything law school related, I PROMISE you'll love it there. St. Louis is the best. the goddamn best.

I'm biased

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Crowing » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Best baseball town ever.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby checkster » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Crowing wrote:Best baseball town ever.


Amen.

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Is there an accepted students FB group or something?

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby josh43299 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 pm

STLMizzou wrote:Is there an accepted students FB group or something?


There should be. Does someone more FB savvy than I wish to make one?

User avatar
cch24
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cch24 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Is anybody considering BU and WUSTL? My scholarships were equals and I really like Boston. But maybe that Midwest OCI thread is freaking me out... Just wondering if anybody else was considering these schools? I've pretty much narrowed my acceptances down to Texas, Gerogetown, BU, and WUSTL. (maybe even in that order...)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”