WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Killingly wrote:
Actually, what are you guys putting for academic year? The options start at 2013 and end at 2018. So I assume 2015?


Actually, I haven't turned in FAFSA yet.... so maybe thats why I haven't gotten an email.

Also, I would think its 2013 since another box has you put 1L year....

PLEASE! Someone who is sure weigh in here..

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm

T00L wrote:
Killingly wrote:
Actually, what are you guys putting for academic year? The options start at 2013 and end at 2018. So I assume 2015?


Actually, I haven't turned in FAFSA yet.... so maybe thats why I haven't gotten an email.

Also, I would think its 2013 since another box has you put 1L year....

PLEASE! Someone who is sure weigh in here..


I just put 2015 and submitted. They know I'm a 1L, so they'll figure it out.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Killingly wrote:
T00L wrote:
Killingly wrote:
Actually, what are you guys putting for academic year? The options start at 2013 and end at 2018. So I assume 2015?


Actually, I haven't turned in FAFSA yet.... so maybe thats why I haven't gotten an email.

Also, I would think its 2013 since another box has you put 1L year....

PLEASE! Someone who is sure weigh in here..


I just put 2015 and submitted. They know I'm a 1L, so they'll figure it out.


I put 2013

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm

sdphill wrote:
Killingly wrote:
T00L wrote:
Killingly wrote:
Actually, what are you guys putting for academic year? The options start at 2013 and end at 2018. So I assume 2015?


Actually, I haven't turned in FAFSA yet.... so maybe thats why I haven't gotten an email.

Also, I would think its 2013 since another box has you put 1L year....

PLEASE! Someone who is sure weigh in here..


I just put 2015 and submitted. They know I'm a 1L, so they'll figure it out.


I put 2013


Whatevs, I'm not terribly worried.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Didn't receive an email about that form... Should I worry?

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:47 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Didn't receive an email about that form... Should I worry?


I think they only send it to you as a "remember-you-also-need-to-do-this" if you have already turned in FAFSA info

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:47 pm

T00L wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Didn't receive an email about that form... Should I worry?


I think they only send it to you as a "remember-you-also-need-to-do-this" if you have already turned in FAFSA info


Ah ok. I just got my w2 so no Fafsa done for me.. What a fun weekend I'll have.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:50 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
T00L wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Didn't receive an email about that form... Should I worry?


I think they only send it to you as a "remember-you-also-need-to-do-this" if you have already turned in FAFSA info


Ah ok. I just got my w2 so no Fafsa done for me.. What a fun weekend I'll have.


Ya, I'm dealing with that right now too. Such a burden..

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Yeah, it's kind of an odd email because the subject says "Missing Law School Form" but I think they probably end up sending it to just about anyone who chooses to send FAFSA to them. The form's nothing too ridiculous, though it does make you go through all the aid you received prior to undergrad and also basically go through your entire budget for school. The link is in my post on the last page, though I doubt it holds things up much to wait for them to ask you for it.

User avatar
oliverlovesyou
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oliverlovesyou » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:56 pm

josh43299 wrote:
Unagi wrote:All this waiting is killing me...
I would prefer not to know "possible dates" at all.
It is possible that I receive scholarship info from 3 schools this week, so all I do is check my email every minute! Can't focus on anything else...
WUSTL, just give me my scholly already! Please? :D


I know... This scholarship info is actually the thing I most care about regarding my law school options at this point. Having a hard time focusing at work, even though this "possibly today" talk is based solely on what they did last year. I just hope they don't pull an Indiana-Bloomington on us, though this is apples and oranges.


What happened with Indiana-Bloomington? (Sorry if this is a stupid question)

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:57 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Unagi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:59 pm

hoos89 wrote:
oliverlovesyou wrote:
josh43299 wrote:
Unagi wrote:All this waiting is killing me...
I would prefer not to know "possible dates" at all.
It is possible that I receive scholarship info from 3 schools this week, so all I do is check my email every minute! Can't focus on anything else...
WUSTL, just give me my scholly already! Please? :D


I know... This scholarship info is actually the thing I most care about regarding my law school options at this point. Having a hard time focusing at work, even though this "possibly today" talk is based solely on what they did last year. I just hope they don't pull an Indiana-Bloomington on us, though this is apples and oranges.


What happened with Indiana-Bloomington? (Sorry if this is a stupid question)


Was wondering this too.


They are giving smaller awards this year. Although there are folks that got full tuition.

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm

oliverlovesyou wrote:
josh43299 wrote:
Unagi wrote:All this waiting is killing me...
I would prefer not to know "possible dates" at all.
It is possible that I receive scholarship info from 3 schools this week, so all I do is check my email every minute! Can't focus on anything else...
WUSTL, just give me my scholly already! Please? :D


I know... This scholarship info is actually the thing I most care about regarding my law school options at this point. Having a hard time focusing at work, even though this "possibly today" talk is based solely on what they did last year. I just hope they don't pull an Indiana-Bloomington on us, though this is apples and oranges.


What happened with Indiana-Bloomington? (Sorry if this is a stupid question)

Not totally sure if this is what they meant, but I think they seem to be cutting back on scholarship money, despite doling out pretty large sums across the board in previous years.

eta: scooped

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby josh43299 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:01 pm

oliverlovesyou wrote:
josh43299 wrote:
Unagi wrote:All this waiting is killing me...
I would prefer not to know "possible dates" at all.
It is possible that I receive scholarship info from 3 schools this week, so all I do is check my email every minute! Can't focus on anything else...
WUSTL, just give me my scholly already! Please? :D


I know... This scholarship info is actually the thing I most care about regarding my law school options at this point. Having a hard time focusing at work, even though this "possibly today" talk is based solely on what they did last year. I just hope they don't pull an Indiana-Bloomington on us, though this is apples and oranges.


What happened with Indiana-Bloomington? (Sorry if this is a stupid question)


For the class of 2014, basically anyone with above a 168 LSAT got a full tuition scholarship. This year, they just gave out 10k per year for the same type numbers. However, this was because a lot of those splitters were able to defer for a year and many chose that option.
Last edited by josh43299 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:02 pm

I did my FAFSA but didn't get the email.

However, it was on the checklist that I got yesterday with the Flash Drive so I went ahead and did it.

User avatar
oliverlovesyou
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oliverlovesyou » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Not worried about that, check how well-endowed they are. Forgive the pun, and the Wikipedia citation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... _endowment

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:05 pm

josh43299 wrote:
For the class of 2011, basically anyone with above a 168 LSAT got a full tuition scholarship. This year, they just gave out 10k per year for the same type numbers however, this was because a lot of those splitters were able to defer for a year and many chose to do that.


This. Happened. To. Me. (this is my second cycle)

(AND - As i did not apply to Wustl the first time around, I'm really glad I did this again)

User avatar
ScoutFinch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScoutFinch » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:08 pm

*crickets*
C'mon, WUSTL! I don't know if I can take another day of this!

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 pm

ScoutFinch wrote:*crickets*
C'mon, WUSTL! I don't know if I can take another day of this!


+1

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 pm

seriously, WUSTL.

release. the. schollys.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Everyone waiting on $$$ watch this :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:34 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
acadec
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby acadec » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 pm

hoos89 wrote:damn i was so sure it would be monday or today. this wait is getting old.

Somebody said that the first post about the email last year came at 4:50. If that's Central, we still have time...

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:39 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”