WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:13 pm

oliverlovesyou wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
fakemoney wrote:Free beer? Sweet. Is Budweiser held in like fanatical esteem in St.Louis? I don't hate it or anything; it's just not my favorite thing in the world (and isn't for most people I know). Just don't want to offend the locals too much..


no, not at all. St. Louis is actually a phenomenal city for microbreweries, including schlafly, which is still my favorite of all beers. anywhere.


Schlafly APA is the best!


you. i like you.

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

At the January AWS they let us stick around and talk to students at the bar review in the courtyard that takes place every Friday? I had to miss that part due to other commitments, but I am pretty sure there was free Budweiser? It’s Anheuser Busch hall, so I doubt they serve and non-bud drinks.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Kabuo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:37 pm

STLMizzou wrote:At the January AWS they let us stick around and talk to students at the bar review in the courtyard that takes place every Friday? I had to miss that part due to other commitments, but I am pretty sure there was free Budweiser? It’s Anheuser Busch hall, so I doubt they serve and non-bud drinks.


Just some friendly corrections re terminology. Bar Review is only on Thursday nights. Happy Hour is Friday at 4. And it's usually bud products, but every once in awhile there's some more exotic stuff, like for Oktoberfest. And wine for the more preftigous.

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby STLMizzou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Kabuo wrote:
STLMizzou wrote:At the January AWS they let us stick around and talk to students at the bar review in the courtyard that takes place every Friday? I had to miss that part due to other commitments, but I am pretty sure there was free Budweiser? It’s Anheuser Busch hall, so I doubt they serve and non-bud drinks.


Just some friendly corrections re terminology. Bar Review is only on Thursday nights. Happy Hour is Friday at 4. And it's usually bud products, but every once in awhile there's some more exotic stuff, like for Oktoberfest. And wine for the more preftigous.


Thanks, as I said I missed that part which explains my mistaken knowledge. People who stuck around for it though said it was really great and that all the current law students were super nice/informative.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby omninode » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Got USB sticks in the mail today from both WUSTL and UIUC. Peer schools much?

Still waiting for WUSTL $$$ of course.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:57 pm

oliverlovesyou wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
fakemoney wrote:Free beer? Sweet. Is Budweiser held in like fanatical esteem in St.Louis? I don't hate it or anything; it's just not my favorite thing in the world (and isn't for most people I know). Just don't want to offend the locals too much..


no, not at all. St. Louis is actually a phenomenal city for microbreweries, including schlafly, which is still my favorite of all beers. anywhere.


Schlafly APA is the best!


Yes, it is. But I also need to rep Atl's Sweet Water

Konner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:43 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Konner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Kabuo wrote:
STLMizzou wrote:At the January AWS they let us stick around and talk to students at the bar review in the courtyard that takes place every Friday? I had to miss that part due to other commitments, but I am pretty sure there was free Budweiser? It’s Anheuser Busch hall, so I doubt they serve and non-bud drinks.


Just some friendly corrections re terminology. Bar Review is only on Thursday nights. Happy Hour is Friday at 4. And it's usually bud products, but every once in awhile there's some more exotic stuff, like for Oktoberfest. And wine for the more preftigous.


Hey, since you're offering corrections:

Doesn't the ASW group usually end up at Blueberry Hill? Also, do the law students make an active attempt to avoid Morgan Street Brewery (unless they're trying to pick up UGs, that is)?

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Kabuo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Konner wrote:
Hey, since you're offering corrections:

Doesn't the ASW group usually end up at Blueberry Hill? Also, do the law students make an active attempt to avoid Morgan Street Brewery (unless they're trying to pick up UGs, that is)?


Never been to Morgan Street Brewery, so maybe we do avoid it. Possible there was a bar review there that I just didn't go to - I missed the last month and a half of bar reviews last semester. Blueberry Hill is where my ASW ended up, but I can't speak for other ASWs. I think the Moonrise rooftop bar is pretty popular for ASW since so many stay there. The March group went there I think.

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UMiamiCane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 pm

omninode wrote:Got USB sticks in the mail today from both WUSTL and UIUC. Peer schools much?

Still waiting for WUSTL $$$ of course.


+1!

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby josh43299 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:19 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:
omninode wrote:Got USB sticks in the mail today from both WUSTL and UIUC. Peer schools much?

Still waiting for WUSTL $$$ of course.


+1!


What? I want my USB stick.

Minesweeper
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Minesweeper » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:22 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:
omninode wrote:Got USB sticks in the mail today from both WUSTL and UIUC. Peer schools much?

Still waiting for WUSTL $$$ of course.


+1!


+2

Konner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:43 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Konner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Kabuo wrote:
Konner wrote:
Hey, since you're offering corrections:

Doesn't the ASW group usually end up at Blueberry Hill? Also, do the law students make an active attempt to avoid Morgan Street Brewery (unless they're trying to pick up UGs, that is)?


Never been to Morgan Street Brewery, so maybe we do avoid it. Possible there was a bar review there that I just didn't go to - I missed the last month and a half of bar reviews last semester. Blueberry Hill is where my ASW ended up, but I can't speak for other ASWs. I think the Moonrise rooftop bar is pretty popular for ASW since so many stay there. The March group went there I think.


That's a shame. MSB (on the Landing) has a terrific winter lager. Like I said, it tends to be favored by the UGs. Grads by and large appeared to gravitate towards the Loop -- which people explained as being due to graduate housing at Skinker & Delmar, but that's only 2-3 years old and houses MAYBE 30 people.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

just got my stick :) realllyyyy hoping that $$$ email comes today.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:51 pm

woodscommaL wrote:just got my stick :) realllyyyy hoping that $$$ email comes today.


+1

Very classy of WUSTL! :)

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Just went to check my mail, figuring I'd get the wustl mail too and the mail guy was just walking in to fill the 50+ mailboxes for my building. Boo.

User avatar
oliverlovesyou
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oliverlovesyou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:00 pm

woodscommaL wrote:just got my stick :) realllyyyy hoping that $$$ email comes today.


I got mine too! Law School is much fancier than undergrad

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oliverlovesyou
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oliverlovesyou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:22 pm

hoos89 wrote:Anyone else getting overly excited every time you get an e-mail only to realize its either spam or some TTTT advertising through CRS? No Regent, I am not going to apply: stop asking me if my application is on its way.


I'm thinking about quitting Pintrest until this app cycle is over for that very reason.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Unagi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:23 pm

hoos89 wrote:Anyone else getting overly excited every time you get an e-mail only to realize its either spam or some TTTT advertising through CRS? No Regent, I am not going to apply; stop asking me if my application is on its way.


lol YES!!!
I was just looking last year's thread and wondering how much they'll give me!

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby josh43299 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:32 pm

hoos89 wrote:Anyone else getting overly excited every time you get an e-mail only to realize its either spam or some TTTT advertising through CRS? No Regent, I am not interested; stop asking me if my application is on its way.


I was in a meeting at work the other day with a couple of contracts guys who were from Newport News, Virginia. We had a brief discussion about my plans and the fact that I was going to law school and they asked me where I was planning on going. I told them some schools I had been accepted to (including W&M, 20 minutes away from Newport News). They then told me how awesome Regent is (it is Pat Robertson's school after all) and all these kids they knew that went there, none of which sounded like they were doing that great. After all of this, they talked up Appalachian School of Law or whatever it is. So, since these guys are way up in the company, I have to sit there and just sort of smile and nod...

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby josh43299 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:35 pm

I know it is not that great of a story, but I still haven't figured out how to handle that situation.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby omninode » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:47 pm

josh43299 wrote:I know it is not that great of a story, but I still haven't figured out how to handle that situation.

Just smile and wait it out. I used to get that from my family and friends all the time ("You could probably get a scholarship to Cooley!"), but I have slowly trained them to understand that A) Law schools are not all equally desirable, and B) I know way more about this stuff than they do and I don't really need their offhand advice about how great X law school must have been in the 1970s when their lawyer went there.

User avatar
ScoutFinch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScoutFinch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Wow, I was browsing housing options at WUSTL, and they actually have options for married students with cats! I love you, WUSTL! Please give me moneyz :mrgreen:

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:27 pm

ScoutFinch wrote:Wow, I was browsing housing options at WUSTL, and they actually have options for married students with cats! I love you, WUSTL! Please give me moneyz :mrgreen:


If you go to wustl, definitely live off campus-- I lived in a beautiful 3 bedroom duplex in Clayton for 1200 a month, and easy 3 block walk from campus. The loop is very "student"y, but Clayton is full of young marrieds. Hardwood floors, stained glass windows, and a nice quiet neighborhood for biking, walking, and porch sitting!

ETA after reading up thread: Morgan street is PACKED with undergrads. I wouldn't go there as a law student. The CWE is great, soulard is fabulous, and there are some cool dives on the hill.
Last edited by franklyscarlet on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry1, Daaltaraan, MSNbot Media, Veil of Ignorance, zeglo and 18 guests